Author Topic: Killing animals  (Read 144947 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Killing animals
« Reply #950 on: November 16, 2016, 09:25:55 AM »
Made some elk chili last night.  Honestly I couldn't tell any difference from beef.

Well, if there is no difference in taste, let me be the first to let you know you can buy beef at any local supermarket and "they" have even already done all the annoying parts and it's just ready to use. Pretty great time to be alive really
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: November 16, 2016, 09:26:49 AM »
Hunted Wakeeney - Hill City area Sunday/Monday/Tuesday.  I would only call it fair.  Very warm and dry made hunting tough.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: November 16, 2016, 09:29:05 AM »
Or just keep doing what you want, emo. Enjoy.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: November 16, 2016, 09:30:41 AM »
You don't even have to cut your finger off or poop your pants or get the flu or take an unpaid week off work or anything, it's just right there at the grocery store. #neatdeal

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: November 16, 2016, 09:32:49 AM »
Why do you care so much, lib? It's very weird.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: November 16, 2016, 10:02:27 AM »
Its been sad watching lib^7's downward spiral, i think lashing out like this is all he has left.  T&Ps

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: November 16, 2016, 10:03:28 AM »
 :frown:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: November 16, 2016, 10:04:25 AM »
i'd def save the more expensive elk meat for something where it can shine

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: November 16, 2016, 10:23:56 AM »
Made some elk chili last night.  Honestly I couldn't tell any difference from beef.

Well, if there is no difference in taste, let me be the first to let you know you can buy beef at any local supermarket and "they" have even already done all the annoying parts and it's just ready to use. Pretty great time to be alive really

The desire for the meat is much more than any difference in taste.  I figured you'd be insightful enough to know that.  Allow me to explain.

I really enjoy being able to actually provide for my own nourishment and for that of my family.  I don't see it as a challenge to get up and go to work every day and get paid this salary with which I can part with in trade for things like food which I convey to my family.  But, the elk is a true challenge.  It feels like I have really worked and sacrificed for it.  I like to give myself into these endeavors, suffer and toil, be rewarded, and then share with friends and provide for my family.  Emotionally it is very rewarding to me.  I am actually a very selfless person.  Maybe I find it difficult to show others how much I care about them?   I hope that they know that this thing I worked very hard for, I give to them out of my love for them and my devotion to them.  That's more than I can ever do by going to a grocery store and swiping my Chase Sapphire Preferred.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: November 16, 2016, 10:24:54 AM »
Hunted Wakeeney - Hill City area Sunday/Monday/Tuesday.  I would only call it fair.  Very warm and dry made hunting tough.

Did you bump many deer up that way? 

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: November 16, 2016, 10:31:25 AM »
i'd def save the more expensive elk meat for something where it can shine

I'm open to suggestion.  I have like 50 pounds of burger that I'm going to need to figure out what to do with.  Could get boring eating chilli/spaghetti/burgers every week.  Oooo maybe like a meatloaf?  Elk pâté?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: November 16, 2016, 10:31:54 AM »

The desire for the meat is much more than any difference in taste.  I figured you'd be insightful enough to know that.  Allow me to explain.

I really enjoy being able to actually provide for my own nourishment and for that of my family.  I don't see it as a challenge to get up and go to work every day and get paid this salary with which I can part with in trade for things like food which I convey to my family.  But, the elk is a true challenge.  It feels like I have really worked and sacrificed for it.  I like to give myself into these endeavors, suffer and toil, be rewarded, and then share with friends and provide for my family.  Emotionally it is very rewarding to me.  I am actually a very selfless person.  Maybe I find it difficult to show others how much I care about them?   I hope that they know that this thing I worked very hard for, I give to them out of my love for them and my devotion to them.  That's more than I can ever do by going to a grocery store and swiping my Chase Sapphire Preferred.
We caught 15 trout 3 weeks ago and the look on Mrs. Wacky's families faces when I gave them a few fish was pure joy. Feels good. Also, there's an art to it. No stink bait at these places.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: November 16, 2016, 10:33:33 AM »
Hellz ya wacks.   :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: November 16, 2016, 10:46:03 AM »

Usually you take a little razzing better than this. Enjoy your chili bud, and congrats on your conquest  :cheers:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: November 16, 2016, 10:47:15 AM »

Usually you take a little razzing better than this. Enjoy your chili bud, and congrats on your conquest  :cheers:

Well now I need your help patching this here drywall. 

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: November 16, 2016, 10:48:56 AM »
You've come to the right place

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: November 16, 2016, 10:50:50 AM »
I'm open to suggestion.  I have like 50 pounds of burger that I'm going to need to figure out what to do with.  Could get boring eating chilli/spaghetti/burgers every week.  Oooo maybe like a meatloaf?  Elk pâté?

my dad is an emo and i usually just tell him to cook me burgers or meat loaf out of whatever creatures he kills (honestly, burgers probably my fave)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: November 16, 2016, 10:51:44 AM »
texas red (not the ground meat crap) is p good with random animals too

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: November 16, 2016, 10:52:48 AM »
related: my dad gives me all sorts of mystery animal meat all the time and i just take it and throw it away because i don't want to break his heart

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: November 16, 2016, 10:56:31 AM »
My dad is an Emo too and he never gives me anything. He never keeps any for himself either, hates the taste. He just gives it to all his Emo buddies.

There has been a whole duck or goose or something in the hobby farm freezer for like 3 years tho

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: November 16, 2016, 10:58:09 AM »
You know what's tasty AF? Quail!!!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 11:02:06 AM by WackyCat08 »

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: November 16, 2016, 10:58:23 AM »
has your dad considered just taking up geocaching or pokemon go instead?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: November 16, 2016, 11:01:06 AM »
killing wild ducks is lots of fun, unfortunately they taste like ass.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: November 16, 2016, 11:05:59 AM »
has your dad considered just taking up geocaching or pokemon go instead?

I'm not even sure that he likes the killing part. I think he just likes being out in nature. I'm pretty confident 90% of his deer blind time is spent playing Nintendo ds

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: November 16, 2016, 11:12:16 AM »
killing wild ducks is lots of fun, unfortunately they taste like ass.

Step 1) breast out, pair a chunk with jallapeno pepper slice, wrap in bacon
Step 2) get drunk as eff and grill
Step 3) pig out

The first part of step 2 really helps with the taste.