Author Topic: Killing animals  (Read 144973 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Killing animals
« Reply #825 on: October 26, 2016, 01:24:04 PM »
I'd like to add the right to have a chalk-free driveway.

Like if you catch kids writing on your driveway, you could sue their parents for the $0.25 worth of water it takes to rinse the chalk off?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: October 26, 2016, 01:32:46 PM »
I'd like to add the right to have a chalk-free driveway.

Like if you catch kids writing on your driveway, you could sue their parents for the $0.25 worth of water it takes to rinse the chalk off?

Like it would not be illegal to run over someone who is sitting in my driveway writing on it with chalk.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: October 26, 2016, 01:34:41 PM »
I don't think you would get much support for that one, Mrs. Gooch. Too many breeders out there.   :frown:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: October 26, 2016, 01:35:39 PM »
If someone infringes on your right to life then you can shoot them. Same thing (if a chalk-free driveway was a right).

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: October 26, 2016, 01:37:18 PM »
Big Chalk will throw a lot of money against that one.  No way it passes.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: October 26, 2016, 01:37:31 PM »
If someone infringes on your right to life then you can shoot them. Same thing (if a chalk-free driveway was a right).

Well, yeah. I just don't think you would ever get your amendment passed. I think maybe if you made it something like "right to have a pet" and then chained a pitbull in your front yard where it could reach the driveway to just kill the kids writing on it, you'd have a better chance.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: October 26, 2016, 01:44:50 PM »
I mean, my god, imagine saying SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED to your HOA when you are putting up your brand new basketball goal. We don't have enough rights, really.

HOA's are voluntary contracts
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: October 26, 2016, 01:48:18 PM »
Why is God in this conversation all. Maybe we humans should learn to live in harmony with the other animals that inhabit this beautiful Earth instead of killing because populations are too high? How is a population too high? Will nature not correct this? Does man need to determine how many animals are allowed to live? eff all that mess. If a deer totals your car, tough crap. Mountain lion mauls your kid, tough crap. Nature running it's course.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: October 26, 2016, 01:49:43 PM »
Why is God in this conversation all. Maybe we humans should learn to live in harmony with the other animals that inhabit this beautiful Earth instead of killing because populations are too high? How is a population too high? Will nature not correct this? Does man need to determine how many animals are allowed to live? eff all that mess. If a deer totals your car, tough crap. Mountain lion mauls your kid, tough crap. Nature running it's course.

Humans killing animals isn't nature running it's course?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: October 26, 2016, 01:51:00 PM »
I mean, my god, imagine saying SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED to your HOA when you are putting up your brand new basketball goal. We don't have enough rights, really.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: October 26, 2016, 01:51:06 PM »
Yeah, humans are part of nature.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: October 26, 2016, 01:52:10 PM »

signed under duress

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: October 26, 2016, 01:53:50 PM »
The problem is that populations get too big and the there is a drought or a bad winter storm and 90 percent can be wiped out by starvation or disease and many animals suffer.  Science supports their control. 

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: October 26, 2016, 02:23:45 PM »
You don't have the right to shoot people who infringe on your rights, not sure where this is coming from.

This whole conversation is getting very silly.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: October 26, 2016, 03:15:21 PM »
I, for one, would like to see an amendment that allows me to kill more than 2 turkeys in the Spring.  I mean, how are those two birds going to keep me in turkey until the fall season?
@mikec2w

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: October 26, 2016, 03:17:56 PM »
should be right to take wildlife rather than hunt, fish and trap.  there's no logical reason to permit humans to kill raccoons but not to catch them and keep them as pets.  either we were given dominion or we weren't.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: October 26, 2016, 03:18:41 PM »
I, for one, would like to see an amendment that allows me to kill more than 2 turkeys in the Spring.  I mean, how are those two birds going to keep me in turkey until the fall season?

Is there a way for me to transfer my two turkey allotment to you?

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: October 26, 2016, 03:29:01 PM »

Is there a way for me to transfer my two turkey allotment to you?

:excited:
@mikec2w

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: October 26, 2016, 03:29:29 PM »

Yep, if there is one thing keeping the KS hunter down, it's the antiquated turkey tag limits.   :curse:

I mean, I see like a bagillion turkey daily.

Also, new conspiracy theory:  When I was first hunting like almost 30yrs ago, pheasant and quail were awesome but you never saw a turkey.  Now they are exactly opposite where we hunt.  WTF?  Is KS in the pocket of Big Turkey?  Are the Turks terrorizing the other birds?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: October 26, 2016, 03:45:23 PM »

Yep, if there is one thing keeping the KS hunter down, it's the antiquated turkey tag limits.   :curse:

I mean, I see like a bagillion turkey daily.

Also, new conspiracy theory:  When I was first hunting like almost 30yrs ago, pheasant and quail were awesome but you never saw a turkey.  Now they are exactly opposite where we hunt.  WTF?  Is KS in the pocket of Big Turkey?  Are the Turks terrorizing the other birds?

Hi CNS,

Basically those trees that were little 30 years ago are now 30 years older and bigger and can support animals like turkeys and then varmints that prey on game bird eggs (like raccoons and possums and such).

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: October 26, 2016, 03:52:35 PM »
Pheasants are illegal immigrants from China

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: October 26, 2016, 04:05:50 PM »
Were trees smaller 30 years ago?  i mean, i can't speak for the arboreal state of KS before my birth, but i think they had trees back then too.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: October 26, 2016, 04:21:02 PM »
Pheasants are illegal immigrants from China

Why do you think us Kansans are out there trying to kill them?

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: October 26, 2016, 04:23:29 PM »
Were trees smaller 30 years ago?  i mean, i can't speak for the arboreal state of KS before my birth, but i think they had trees back then too.

Well, yeah.  I mean, especially where we hunted quail.  I don't think the turkeys were just biding their time until a few more trees grew.   :dunno:

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: October 26, 2016, 04:36:20 PM »
Unrelated to the current discussion......but I am totally stoked that we have a resurgence of quail in our area.  We also have eleventy-billion turkeys in our area too.
@mikec2w