Author Topic: qb intelligence, leadership  (Read 13060 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: qb intelligence, leadership
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2011, 02:48:30 PM »
Smart KSU QB's-Colin Klein, Carson Coffman, Grant Gregory, Dylan Meier, Allan Evridge, Kevin Lopina, Marc Dunn, Brian Kavanaugh, Matt Miller, Chad May
Dumb KSU QB's-Alan Webb, Ell Roberson, Jonathan Beasley, Michael Bishop
Dumb half or the time smart the other half KSU QB's-Josh Freeman

Did I miss anybody?  Tell me the QB and I'll put them on one of my lists

Kavanaugh & May on the "Smart" list? That's a REAL laugher!  I also don't think I'd put Ell on the "Dumb" list, he belongs on the Freeman list at worst.  I agree that Beasley goes on the 1/2 and 1/2 list too - for consistency, he was our most successful QB and game manager ever.  Never saw enough out of Marc Dunn to make a real determination there.  Another one for the low IQ list is Smargiasso (sp?). Where would you rate Adam Helm, Paul Watson, Carl Straw, who else are we missing from the Snyder/Prince eras? (can't remember the name of the kid with the stomach disorder . . . )

He's being racist because he's black and hates white people.

I didn't understand it either until I remembered how reverse :opcat: MIR is.

not reverse :opcat: just :opcat: my racism works the same, I just hate different people

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2011, 02:52:38 PM »
athletic people are dumb because they don't have to be smart.  then, they get mumped over by themselves when they take the wonderlic.  see bishop, michael.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2011, 02:55:14 PM »
I can't wait to hear the stories next offseason of how Sams just can't figure out the playbook.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2011, 03:14:25 PM »
Smart KSU QB's-Colin Klein, Carson Coffman, Grant Gregory, Dylan Meier, Allan Evridge, Kevin Lopina, Marc Dunn, Brian Kavanaugh, Matt Miller, Chad May
Dumb KSU QB's-Sammuel Lamur, Alan Webb, Ell Roberson, Michael Bishop
Dumb half or the time smart the other half KSU QB's-Josh Freeman, Jonathan Beasley

Added Slammur and moved Beasley, honestly I was realy unsure about.  I knew he wasn't fully smart, thought he was dumb all of the time but I could be convinced that he's half smart.

Turtle, denied Lopina stays, he's extremely smart

yeah. i mean i didn't watch beasely enough to know exactly how smart he is and am in no way stating that he is smart 50% of the time. that's a lot. i do think it's fairly safe that he is not entirely dumb though. maybe need a fourth list.  :dunno:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 03:22:14 PM by Rick Daris »

Offline cvmcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2011, 03:19:22 PM »
Dumb half or the time smart the other half KSU QB's-Josh Freeman, Jonathan Beasley

Added Slammur and moved Beasley, honestly I was realy unsure about.  I knew he wasn't fully smart, thought he was dumb all of the time but I could be convinced that he's half smart.

yeah. i mean i didn't watch beasely enough to know exactly how smart he is am in no way stating that he is smart 50% of the time. that's a lot. i do think it's fairly safe that he is not entirely dumb though. maybe need a fourth list.  :dunno:

JB was an extension of HCBS's brain on the field.  Extremely high football IQ.

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2011, 04:09:05 PM »
I remember Chad Mays evaluation read "rocket for and arm but no rocket scientist." Don't know if that means he isn't smart, not many of us are rocket scientists  :dunno:.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2011, 05:02:34 PM »
I know Stan Weber was not a Snyder player, but I had him in a class, and Stanbot is an extremely smart person who pulled straight A's.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2011, 05:22:12 PM »
Announcer used to constantly praise Beasely's football IQ.  Course, they may just be something you say while waiting for the playclock to run down to 1.

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2011, 06:13:22 PM »
CK and his brother guest taught (?) my thermodynamics class last week for a little.  Of course this was just our teacher getting us pumped for Beat KU week and he pretty much layed out what they said. Either way  :love:

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
  • Wind it on up and bet the farm!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2011, 10:05:50 PM »
Lack of delay of game penalties alone puts Chamber in a class all his own.  Also have noticed that timeouts with play clock at :01 has reduced this year.  Much better timeout management this year.  Also seems like plays get in quicker from the sidelines this year.  Maybe it's easier to call plays quickly when all of them work?????? 

All of this rhetoric will  :flush: after OU game.

PS Cats still win  :ksu:
Is that Manhattan?  My God, it's beautiful!

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2011, 10:17:36 PM »

:lol:

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2011, 10:21:17 PM »

Are these lists in descending order, say from dumbest to least dumb on the dumb list?  If so, I think that Bishop has to be the No. 2 dumb QB, I mean he definitely looks dumber than Roberson and I think he was dumber looking than Webb as well.  Def. not as dumb looking as S. Lamur though.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2011, 10:22:46 PM »
I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure beasley was smart at least a fourth of the time.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2011, 10:42:11 PM »
I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure beasley was smart at least a fourth of the time.

probably right, I think Daris nailed it

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2011, 10:52:37 PM »

Are these lists in descending order, say from dumbest to least dumb on the dumb list?  If so, I think that Bishop has to be the No. 2 dumb QB, I mean he definitely looks dumber than Roberson and I think he was dumber looking than Webb as well.  Def. not as dumb looking as S. Lamur though.

They weren't in descending order, I could only do that for the dumb list.  If you're smart you're smart although Turtle brought up a good point with some people thinking that smart people with vowels at the end of their names being not as smart.  But as a dumb person, I can tell you that there are varying degrees of dumb in our world and dumb people judge other dummies based on it.

IMHO Sammuel Lamur is the dumbest followed by Allen Webb, who BTW after doing some research was much dumber than I remember, then Bish, with sexy but still dumb Ell a distant fourth.  Ell could be confused as one who is sometimes smart but someone trained to know such things won't be fooled.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2011, 11:36:35 PM »
every other nicname goEMAW coined spread like wildfire, the chamber died like a one of dax's pheasants.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2011, 01:07:39 AM »
every other nicname goEMAW coined spread like wildfire, the chamber died like a one of dax's pheasants.

Yes, goEMAW is a sellout.  Anyway, this means we should start brainstorming for a certain intelligent floor leader on the basketball team?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2011, 07:56:19 AM »

They weren't in descending order, I could only do that for the dumb list.  If you're smart you're smart although Turtle brought up a good point with some people thinking that smart people with vowels at the end of their names being not as smart.  But as a dumb person, I can tell you that there are varying degrees of dumb in our world and dumb people judge other dummies based on it.

IMHO Sammuel Lamur is the dumbest followed by Allen Webb, who BTW after doing some research was much dumber than I remember, then Bish, with sexy but still dumb Ell a distant fourth.  Ell could be confused as one who is sometimes smart but someone trained to know such things won't be fooled.

:thumbs:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2011, 09:35:42 AM »
Guys, I do believe that Lamur is smart/athletic enough to kill the clock for us late in the 4th quarter this Saturday.  He looked pretty good against KU.

Offline PorkChop Express

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2011, 10:32:46 AM »
Guys, I do believe that Lamur is smart/athletic enough to kill the clock for us late in the 4th quarter this Saturday.  He looked pretty good against KU.

:dubious:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2011, 11:06:08 AM »

Kavanaugh & May on the "Smart" list? That's a REAL laugher!  I also don't think I'd put Ell on the "Dumb" list, he belongs on the Freeman list at worst.  I agree that Beasley goes on the 1/2 and 1/2 list too - for consistency, he was our most successful QB and game manager ever.  Never saw enough out of Marc Dunn to make a real determination there.  Another one for the low IQ list is Smargiasso (sp?). Where would you rate Adam Helm, Paul Watson, Carl Straw, who else are we missing from the Snyder/Prince eras? (can't remember the name of the kid with the stomach disorder . . . )
Cody Lee Smith, and in light of the MIR name theorem, he cannot go on the smart KSU QB list

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2011, 03:22:22 PM »
I would say Klein is the best at faking me out with his zone option fake handoff things or whatever.  You probably have to be pretty smart to be the best at that.  Anyone have this kid in class?  What kind of grades are we looking at here?  Like, borderline A/B student?  That's the feeling I get from him.

My g/f is in the same major as him (finance or accounting or whatever) and she has him in a bunch of her classes. She says he always looks beat up and tired but gets like all A's and some B's.

Source F+.

Odds that someone's gf is getting "chambered"?

Offline ksuhampton

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2011, 06:21:52 PM »
Just remember if it were not for people being dumber than you, you would then be the dumbest person in the world.  Thank goodness there are dummies out there!

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2011, 01:49:06 AM »
Just remember if it were not for people being dumber than you, you would then be the dumbest person in the world.  Thank goodness there are dummies out there!

lolwut
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2011, 06:42:03 AM »

word.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles