Author Topic: qb intelligence, leadership  (Read 12788 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: qb intelligence, leadership
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 01:21:39 PM »
iirc, beasley was more of an athletic type of qb than a smart, field general type of qb.

Offline mizzouksu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 01:27:35 PM »
Snyder is the Billy Beane of college football?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2011, 01:28:57 PM »
agreed with everyone re: beasley being more of a wildcat field general than a talented QB.  very much like brian kavanaugh, another heady QB field general.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2011, 01:51:10 PM »
Smart KSU QB's-Colin Klein, Carson Coffman, Grant Gregory, Dylan Meier, Allan Evridge, Kevin Lopina, Marc Dunn, Brian Kavanaugh, Matt Miller, Chad May
Dumb KSU QB's-Alan Webb, Ell Roberson, Jonathan Beasley, Michael Bishop
Dumb half or the time smart the other half KSU QB's-Josh Freeman

Did I miss anybody?  Tell me the QB and I'll put them on one of my lists

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2011, 01:53:28 PM »
Smart KSU QB's-Colin Klein, Carson Coffman, Grant Gregory, Dylan Meier, Allan Evridge, Kevin Lopina, Marc Dunn, Brian Kavanaugh, Matt Miller, Chad May

This is great.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2011, 01:55:35 PM »

Jeff Schwinn might be the smartest ever.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2011, 01:56:14 PM »

Was waiting for this... :thumbsup:
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2011, 01:56:23 PM »
Carsy Coff was smart?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2011, 01:57:00 PM »

i'd prob put beasley on the freeman list.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2011, 01:57:58 PM »
I just assume all of our football players, regardless of position, are rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). It's always a pleasant surprise to find out somebody is actually an academic all american.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2011, 01:58:49 PM »

Was going to say Kavanaugh and Beasley need to be switched, but after finding this http://airjudden1.tripod.com/ksuqb/jbresume.htm I guess the above is correct

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2011, 02:00:19 PM »

Why are you so racist MIR? Why?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2011, 02:00:31 PM »

Don't forget Lamur. I hear he's our dumbest QB yet.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2011, 02:05:33 PM »

Pretty sure some would have Kevin "vowel at the end" Lopina on at least the Freemaw list.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2011, 02:09:57 PM »

Pretty sure some would have Kevin "vowel at the end" Lopina on at least the Freemaw list.

No, I think Lopina was just an unathletic white guy who only got as far as he did due to his intellect.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2011, 02:20:52 PM »
Dumb KSU QB's-Sammuel Lamur, Alan Webb, Ell Roberson, Michael Bishop
Dumb half or the time smart the other half KSU QB's-Josh Freeman, Jonathan Beasley

Added Slammur and moved Beasley, honestly I was realy unsure about.  I knew he wasn't fully smart, thought he was dumb all of the time but I could be convinced that he's half smart.

Turtle, denied Lopina stays, he's extremely smart

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2011, 02:22:22 PM »
is klein the smartest qb that snyder has ever had?  best field general?  coach snyder is always ahead of the curve.  remember when he started the dumb, athletic qb trend?  maybe things are trending the other way now.  whatever works!  lol.

great question by the OP. right now it's just impossible to say. snyder built DOD1 on snyder players. ie-dumb and athletic. he's now building DOD2 with Prince players. ie-not dumb. time will tell whether snyder is just making the best of the situation or whether he's actually changed philosophies. will he be able to keep winning once all the prince players are gone is another good question. do we have any good answers to all of these good questions would be another good question. i don't think we do.

Isn't it crazy that we are talking about winning with the Prince players... back when Prince recruited them the consensus was  :facepalm:

Oh well, whatever works. FWIW, I dont care if we need to keep selling the run in order to open things up - as long as we can open the lanes and fire off a pass or two at the opportune moment - we should be good.

what prince players were we  :facepalm: about that are actually contributing? Pretty sure everything I'm excited about this year is transfers or younger guys...   CK is really the only prince player that comes to mind

And he was recruited as a WR  :dunno:
:adios:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2011, 02:30:00 PM »

Why are you so racist MIR? Why?

4. Charles Barkley
Because of Charles’ happy-go-lucky demeanor, he often gets away with saying some pretty garish stuff that would leave others crucified by the media. Having been somewhat outspoken on race issues in the past, he stepped up his game when it came to the discussion of black coaches in college football. He blasted Auburn for not hiring the black candidate, while further condemning Notre Dame for firing Tyrone Willingham, which I agree with, but not on the merits of race.

However, Charles Barkley’s shining racist comment hearkens back to a press conference when he was asked if he thought his team not getting calls was a racial issue, to which he responded “This is why I hate white people” Says the guy with the white wife.

Because it was Chuck, the press conference erupted with laughter and the world kept on spinning. However, if the races had been reversed, I think we would have seen a very different outcome for the perpetrator.

:love:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2011, 02:37:55 PM »
 :opcat:

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2011, 02:41:02 PM »

Kavanaugh & May on the "Smart" list? That's a REAL laugher!  I also don't think I'd put Ell on the "Dumb" list, he belongs on the Freeman list at worst.  I agree that Beasley goes on the 1/2 and 1/2 list too - for consistency, he was our most successful QB and game manager ever.  Never saw enough out of Marc Dunn to make a real determination there.  Another one for the low IQ list is Smargiasso (sp?). Where would you rate Adam Helm, Paul Watson, Carl Straw, who else are we missing from the Snyder/Prince eras? (can't remember the name of the kid with the stomach disorder . . . )
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2011, 02:43:32 PM »

Kavanaugh & May on the "Smart" list? That's a REAL laugher!  I also don't think I'd put Ell on the "Dumb" list, he belongs on the Freeman list at worst.  I agree that Beasley goes on the 1/2 and 1/2 list too - for consistency, he was our most successful QB and game manager ever.  Never saw enough out of Marc Dunn to make a real determination there.  Another one for the low IQ list is Smargiasso (sp?). Where would you rate Adam Helm, Paul Watson, Carl Straw, who else are we missing from the Snyder/Prince eras? (can't remember the name of the kid with the stomach disorder . . . )

That being said if I did this for posters, I'm pretty sure you'd make my smart list.

Offline PorkChop Express

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2011, 02:43:44 PM »
By all acounts Dylan Meier was pretty smart.  Not smart enough to keep from falling off a cliff, but still pretty smart.

i've got my eyes on you.
 :dubious:

:runaway: :ohno:  (I didn't mean to sound so callous.  Just that it was better for me to say that then to say "that Dylan Meier was pretty smart" and then jtksu would be all like "HE FELL OF A rough ridin' CLIFF!!!  DER DER DER DER!!"  So really I was just trying to avoid that.)

:nono:   :dubious:

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2011, 02:46:01 PM »

He's being racist because he's black and hates white people.

I didn't understand it either until I remembered how reverse :opcat: MIR is.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2011, 02:46:36 PM »
MIR nailed it.  Thanks for breaking it down for all of us.  The exact lines I would've drawn.  Feel like we should just go ahead and put Tuggle, SLamur on the dumb list.  Then put Sams on there once we pull the redshirt

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2011, 02:47:38 PM »

That being said if I did this for posters, I'm pretty sure you'd make my smart list.

That would be a fun thread
:adios: