Author Topic: Empty Seats  (Read 21237 times)

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Re: Empty Seats
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2011, 07:59:50 PM »
Even for the bigger games, there needs to be a 3 if not 4 tier ticket pricing, the 2 upper level sections on both ends need to be at most $25 dollars.

THIS. have been saying this for a long time. do we need to start an email campaign? I can tuck in my shirt and start typing if I need to.
what makes more money, 75% of a section full at 50 bucks or 100% full at 25 bucks?
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline ascentofstan

• Fan
  • It's the wonder of nature, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2011, 08:00:12 PM »
Upper deck in the rain, for $50.

Yeah, there is a problem with that.  I don't think most people realize how crappy those seats are.  They should be 15 bucks tops.

I hear ya nicname, my wife says those seats rub her vagina raw as well.....

Sat in section 427 row 2 right above the band, in the rain. Best seats I've ever had at BSFS. :dunno:

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2011, 08:01:19 PM »
Even for the bigger games, there needs to be a 3 if not 4 tier ticket pricing, the 2 upper level sections on both ends need to be at most $25 dollars.

THIS. have been saying this for a long time. do we need to start an email campaign? I can tuck in my shirt and start typing if I need to.
what makes more money, 75% of a section full at 50 bucks or 100% full at 25 bucks?

but it looks so bad

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2011, 08:10:47 PM »

but it looks so bad

The sections being discussed aren't 75% full.

Offline 60scat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2011, 08:16:06 PM »
I'm not concerned, look at the weather.   Also there was rcing going on at the Kansas Speedway.

Also, they showed the stands in other games today and there were some empty seats--Georgia Tech and Soouth Carolina had some empty.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2011, 08:18:38 PM »
Also, love how the anti-tucks have pulled a BMW mind trick and diverted attention away from the success on the field.  Pretty sure every mod here is a born and bred Squawk.  The rest of 'em are just their socks.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2011, 08:22:21 PM »
Also, love how the anti-tucks have pulled a BMW mind trick and diverted attention away from the success on the field.  Pretty sure every mod here is a born and bred Squawk.  The rest of 'em are just their socks.

you are welcome to post about the game, instead of obsessing about the "anti-tucks"

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2011, 08:23:35 PM »
Ok guys I'm trying to get tickets for the OU game.  Been in the Bill dozens of times, never been up to the upper tank.  Seriously how bad is it?  I'm considering this.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2011, 08:24:11 PM »
Ok guys I'm trying to get tickets for the OU game.  Been in the Bill dozens of times, never been up to the upper tank.  Seriously how bad is it?  I'm considering this.
its not that bad, i was in the very upper south corner for ku 07

Offline ascentofstan

• Fan
  • It's the wonder of nature, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2011, 08:36:46 PM »

Not bad at all if you get tickets in the 1st or 2nd row. The third row is for handicap I think so it is separated and raised a bit. Like I said, I sat there today and it was pretty awesome. 

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2011, 08:38:56 PM »
If people have other things they prefer to do rather than attend what is probably the best KSU team in almost a decade, then by all means, we should let them.

Those other things must be pretty important.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2011, 08:40:03 PM »

they are pretty good really. was surprised at how non-crapty they are
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2011, 08:41:59 PM »

Not bad at all if you get tickets in the 1st or 2nd row. The third row is for handicap I think so it is separated and raised a bit. Like I said, I sat there today and it was pretty awesome. 

ok i'm convinced.  tickets purchased.  it'll be cool to try it out.   

Offline FranklyFrankYou

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2011, 08:57:24 PM »
What's the excuse for the student section?
:jerk: Sold my ticket (had to work) looks full on the tv i'm watching  :dunno: but I guess it is just a 60 inch HD screen so I prolly just missed the huge area of empty seats in the student section.

Your TV must really suck.  There was half a section missing the whole time.

Source:  I sit across from the student section and critique it much of the game.  They suck balls.
You should untuck your v-neck from your whitie tighties....only old shits try and critique the student section when you sit in cushioned chair backs.

Offline HawaiiCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2011, 12:25:34 AM »
We're nationally ranked, playing a conference rival at home, and can't fill the stadium. What the hell? I know it's a three day weekend, but come on!
Yah you should've went

Sorry, I live five time zones away. That $900, 10 hour flight is a little more difficult than a ten minute walk across campus. I'll be at the Diamond Head Classic though. Will you?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 12:39:19 AM by HawaiiCat »

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2011, 12:46:25 AM »
I sat at the very top, and they were fine seats :dunno:

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2011, 10:07:18 AM »

You should untuck your v-neck from your whitie tighties....only old shits try and critique the student section when you sit in cushioned chair backs.

I'm not old and I wore a button down (untucked) with rain jacket and shorts.  And I sat in the club level (non cushioned seat) with a beer in my hand the entire game.  But, I will critique the crap out of the student section because I stood in that section for every home game for 4 years. 

You guys rough ridin' suck.  There shouldn't have been an open seat in that section this week.  Maybe some more students will find the time in their busy schedules to walk over for the OU game.   

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2011, 10:11:00 AM »

I'm not old and I wore a button down (untucked) with rain jacket and shorts.  And I sat in the club level (non cushioned seat) with a beer in my hand the entire game.  But, I will critique the crap out of the student section because I stood in that section for every home game for 4 years.  

You guys rough ridin' suck.  There shouldn't have been an open seat in that section this week.  Maybe some more students will find the time in their busy schedules to walk over for the OU game.  
Well so did everybody else on a goEMAW bbs.  Quit pretending like you are solely responsible for having a "better" student section and quit pretending that any student that posts on a KSU football message doesn't go to the games.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2011, 10:18:57 AM »

"This just in, breaking news: older students are disgusted with newer students.  They say they don't do things the way the old students used to do and they are not happy about it.  Newer students seem to have different values and expectations.  More on this later in the broadcast."

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2011, 10:19:47 AM »
I'm sorry, are you defending the student section?  Like, you think it's just fine that an entire section was empty?

Or you just don't like it when non-students talk crap?

Seems like the students who do attend should be super pissed at their fellow students. IMO  

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2011, 10:22:00 AM »
I think you should just relax and let the situation take care of itself.

I don't remember being issued a "student behavior card" when I was there for the DoD.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2011, 10:28:58 AM »
I'm sorry, are you defending the student section?  Like, you think it's just fine that an entire section was empty?

Or you just don't like it when non-students talk crap?

Seems like the students who do attend should be super pissed at their fellow students. IMO  
No dumbass, I just don't know the proper response is to "you guys rough ridin' suck."  Also, validating your assessment with "I went to all the games" on this site is redundant as hell because it's a KSU fan message board.  Every student here goes/went to all the games.

It's just a silly talking point.  For example, I could say some bullshit about how when I was a non-student and how I went to all the games and back then the non-students were better than the non-students today because more people went and that the non-students today are a bunch of hacks and so on and so forth.  

The culture has to be rebuilt and once it is, I'd bet more students and non-students alike consistently attend games.  Until then, we'll probably hover around 48k or so.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2011, 10:31:30 AM »

They say they don't do things the way the old students used to do... Newer students seem to have different values and expectations.  

Ahh gotcha.. It's like a smaller is better thing.  The 25% fewer students is simply a reflection of different values, or something.  Kind of like tim Weiser's philosophy on facilities.  

And why is it that I can't be pissed about student attendance?  How Bout the 48k total attendance for the game?  Can I be pissed about alumni?  That game should have been sold out. Alumni and students alike are rough ridin' lame for not showing up.  Just my humble opinion.  Props to those who showed up.  

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2011, 10:37:59 AM »

They say they don't do things the way the old students used to do... Newer students seem to have different values and expectations.  

Ahh gotcha.. It's like a smaller is better thing.  The 25% fewer students is simply a reflection of different values, or something.  Kind of like tim Weiser's philosophy on facilities.  

And why is it that I can't be pissed about student attendance?  How Bout the 48k total attendance for the game?  Can I be pissed about alumni?  That game should have been sold out. Alumni and students alike are rough ridin' lame for not showing up.  Just my humble opinion.  Props to those who showed up.  
Be pissed about whatever you want Mr. Iwentothegameswheniwasastudent, but realize that if we ever see the days of 50k+ on a weekly basis, it won't be for a while.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2011, 10:38:10 AM »

The culture has to be rebuilt and once it is, I'd bet more students and non-students alike consistently attend games.  Until then, we'll probably hover around 48k or so.

Ahhh, the culture has to be rebuilt.  I got it.  It's a cultural thing, or something.  

Disregard the fact that we sold out the first two games.  Disregard that we're ranked.  It's 1989 again.  Just have to wait for people to buy back in.  

When the OU game isn't sold out, well just chalk it up to culture or something.  Btw, is economy still a valid excuse or was that more of a 2010 thing?  

Stop being a moron and just agree with me.