Author Topic: Empty Seats  (Read 21246 times)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: Empty Seats
« Reply #125 on: October 09, 2011, 10:02:20 PM »
There are two BCS schools in one of the least populated states in the country. 

seems we should decide which one is the flagship of the state.  Lets examine football records.
Do you know what you're talking about?  eff that crap; they have a overall winning record over us!  :bang:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 09, 2011, 10:02:39 PM »
Check my GPS bro. 

Well I grew up in Austin/San Marcos and the general attitude is that the dumbass t-shirt fans don't know where Kansas is, but most UT fans are like "please stop beating us" or "LOL have fun in the Mountain West Wheat Aggy LOLOLOLOL" I don't know what Aggies think about us because I try not to talk to them.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2011, 10:02:50 PM »
Saying ksu has little to none non alumni following is absurd.

Is it?  Wear a KSU shirt in Central Texas and see how many blank stares you get until someone asks you why you're wearing a "Penn State shirt".

:flush:

I've had this happen to me in Florida, however Texas seems like a stretch.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2011, 10:16:34 PM »
It's not trust me.  And I'm 30 minutes from Waco.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 09, 2011, 10:30:24 PM »
Gosh dang it!  Why are we bitching about a few empty seats in a over 50K stadium, because tix prices too high.  Go to OSU game and see what there tix prices are... let me tell ya, they start at $85 bucks and that's for any shity seat in the rough ridin' statium.  :curse:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 09, 2011, 10:36:54 PM »
Gosh dang it!  Why are we bitching about a few empty seats in a over 50K stadium, because tix prices too high.  Go to OSU game and see what there tix prices are... let me tell ya, they start at $85 bucks and that's for any shity seat in the rough ridin' statium.  :curse:
Oh by the way, after the expansion we'll be wishing for these tix prices we have now.  :dubious:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 09, 2011, 11:25:45 PM »

Compared to KU, it isn't at all. If you took a poll of Wal Mart employees in just about any city in Kansas other than Manhattan and the surrounding area, what percentage do you think would prefer K-State to KU?

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 09, 2011, 11:27:16 PM »

Compared to KU, it isn't at all. If you took a poll of Wal Mart employees in just about any city in Kansas other than Manhattan and the surrounding area, what percentage do you think would prefer K-State to KU?

We have some. And I'm proud of every single one.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 09, 2011, 11:29:03 PM »

We have some. And I'm proud of every single one.

Oh, I have no problem with them, but there just aren't very many.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 09, 2011, 11:43:55 PM »
Ag dudes tend to be KSU fans, regardless of whether they actually attended the school.  People who attended Pitt St, ESU, JCCC, etc tend to be KU fans.

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2011, 06:09:35 PM »
what i got from this thread is if we allowed drinking in the stadium we'd easily sell out every game and prob need to expand by 10k.

Offline W.Churchill

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2011, 07:10:10 PM »
Look, I love Kansas... but it's not a very highly populated state.  It's just not.  Don't get all butthurt about it.

I don't love Kansas.  It's the 33rd most populated state out of 50.  Middle of the pack.  I notice the same exaggeration tendencies when Frank does them too.

33 of 50 might sound like "middle of the pack", except that more than 20 of those 32 ahead have at least twice the population of Kansas, and many a lot more than that.  More importantly, of states with smaller population, 12 have NO BCS schools, and none have two.  There are two schools close in population, Ark which has one BCS school and Iowa with two [although, as pointed out, they have 150,000 more residents AND, are much closer to large population [Big Ten] states. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 11, 2011, 07:21:17 PM »
Look, I love Kansas... but it's not a very highly populated state.  It's just not.  Don't get all butthurt about it.

I don't love Kansas.  It's the 33rd most populated state out of 50.  Middle of the pack.  I notice the same exaggeration tendencies when Frank does them too.

33 of 50 might sound like "middle of the pack", except that more than 20 of those 32 ahead have at least twice the population of Kansas, and many a lot more than that.  More importantly, of states with smaller population, 12 have NO BCS schools, and none have two.  There are two schools close in population, Ark which has one BCS school and Iowa with two [although, as pointed out, they have 150,000 more residents AND, are much closer to large population [Big Ten] states. 

46-50 on a list of 50 are the least ___________ of whatever the list is.  33 out of 50 is middle of the pack of whatever the list is. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 11, 2011, 07:28:50 PM »
The student section is a different animal.  I'd actually like to see its size reduced by one section if it's not filled from this point forward.  Use it or lose it.  If you want to buy a ticket and stay in the parking lot drinking or playing a game of corn hole in your front yard instead of attending, that's cool.  We just need to eliminate the 750 or so seats from the student section that have been consistently never filled for the last 10 years and open them up for season ticket sales.  The AD knows they can oversell to the students if they don't want to show up and I'm cool with it.  They can sit on the grass in an overflow scenario like they used to.

We're losing out on a substantial amount of high revenue generating seats at midfield that we could be capitalizing on.  Might as well sell them to season ticket holders and keep the lower bowl of the stadium full.

Under the "use it or lose it" theory, shouldn't the section taken away from the students be the shitty one that's furthest north that nobody wants to sit in?  I don't think you can assume that the same number of students will show up (assuming football quality/atmosphere stays generally where it's been) and slide one section over with 1/5 of them being shoved into the section that's barely in the stadium, regardless of how nice it would be for people like us to be able to slide into section 24 at midfield.

here's the fact about those empty seats. people aren't stupid and those are crap seats. students are going to a) cram together in better seats and/or b) go find empties that are better around the stadium to sit it. of course those shitty seats are going to be empty.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2011, 08:00:43 PM »
The student section is a different animal.  I'd actually like to see its size reduced by one section if it's not filled from this point forward.  Use it or lose it.  If you want to buy a ticket and stay in the parking lot drinking or playing a game of corn hole in your front yard instead of attending, that's cool.  We just need to eliminate the 750 or so seats from the student section that have been consistently never filled for the last 10 years and open them up for season ticket sales.  The AD knows they can oversell to the students if they don't want to show up and I'm cool with it.  They can sit on the grass in an overflow scenario like they used to.

We're losing out on a substantial amount of high revenue generating seats at midfield that we could be capitalizing on.  Might as well sell them to season ticket holders and keep the lower bowl of the stadium full.

Under the "use it or lose it" theory, shouldn't the section taken away from the students be the shitty one that's furthest north that nobody wants to sit in?  I don't think you can assume that the same number of students will show up (assuming football quality/atmosphere stays generally where it's been) and slide one section over with 1/5 of them being shoved into the section that's barely in the stadium, regardless of how nice it would be for people like us to be able to slide into section 24 at midfield.

here's the fact about those empty seats. people aren't stupid and those are crap seats. students are going to a) cram together in better seats and/or b) go find empties that are better around the stadium to sit it. of course those shitty seats are going to be empty.

They should be like a minor-league baseball stadium's party deck seats and let BYOB boozecats in for $30.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 11, 2011, 08:02:30 PM »
They should be like a minor-league baseball stadium's party deck seats and let BYOB boozecats in for $30.
Would transfer seats tomorrow :cheers:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 11, 2011, 08:05:26 PM »
Would transfer seats tomorrow :cheers:

I bet the website would buy 30-50 for entertaining our high profile clients.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 11, 2011, 08:13:18 PM »
Looks like I need to raise ticket prices for TUB 28.