Author Topic: Volleyball  (Read 173416 times)

Spaces and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: Volleyball
« Reply #1375 on: December 18, 2023, 02:59:06 PM »
It was nice to see Nebraska get rough ridin' hammered like that, a complete a total embarrassment on the biggest stage. I don't know if any of you saw the opening montage of that game, I flipped over during the first TV timeout of our basketball game, but John Cook is really feeling himself these days, even more than he has in the past.

Cook is almost universally viewed as "weird" in the VB coaching community. It was a while back, but at some point, he was opening pondering to anyone who would listen about the thought of switching sports because he felt like he was such a good coach that it would translate to just about any sport.

After the match yesterday, he made it a point to say that Texas won because it had a bunch of transfers, which was funny because the last time Nebraska had made the title game (2021) it was largely on the arm of Lexi Sun, who, coincidentally, was a transfer from... Texas.

He's a tool...
This checks out.. Akana that transferred from nub to texas also probably the hottest gal on texas' squad.

is everyone on these teams like 6'1? good grief.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: December 18, 2023, 04:18:47 PM »
It was nice to see Nebraska get rough ridin' hammered like that, a complete a total embarrassment on the biggest stage. I don't know if any of you saw the opening montage of that game, I flipped over during the first TV timeout of our basketball game, but John Cook is really feeling himself these days, even more than he has in the past.

Cook is almost universally viewed as "weird" in the VB coaching community. It was a while back, but at some point, he was opening pondering to anyone who would listen about the thought of switching sports because he felt like he was such a good coach that it would translate to just about any sport.

After the match yesterday, he made it a point to say that Texas won because it had a bunch of transfers, which was funny because the last time Nebraska had made the title game (2021) it was largely on the arm of Lexi Sun, who, coincidentally, was a transfer from... Texas.

He's a tool...

https://twitter.com/BroBible/status/1736759517084336433

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: January 03, 2024, 09:14:12 PM »
These are two big-time transfers who should be starters from day 1...

https://www.kstatesports.com/news/2024/1/3/two-added-to-k-states-2024-volleyball-roster.aspx

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: January 04, 2024, 10:57:39 AM »
Yeah, those signings are fantastic

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: June 20, 2024, 01:20:18 PM »
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPRERkYuY/

We have a Volleyball tiktoker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: August 30, 2024, 08:32:47 AM »
Season starts tonight with three matches in three days at Purdue (currently ranked No. 8). We play the Gene Keady's tonight at 6 CT in what should be a good barometer type of match - hopefully, we'll be competitive. Then, we get UC-Davis tomorrow at 3:30 CT and UMBC at 10:30 CT on Sunday. Should easily win the last two matches - if we don't, not a great sign.

All matches will be on the Big Ten Network

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: August 30, 2024, 03:35:27 PM »
the nebraska huskers play volleyball saturday after the football game and it's going to be a drunken rowdy crowd and mrs. dave is going with her friend. not sure they know what they're getting themselves into.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: August 31, 2024, 12:52:18 AM »
Unfortunately, the match was on shitty BTN+, so had to pay for that crap. We lost 3-1 but looked really good. We'll compete for the Big 12 championship.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: September 15, 2024, 02:50:00 PM »
Lost at home 3-1 today to North Carolina (preseason No. 10 team in the ACC). Really sloppy, mistake filled match across the board.

We really, really miss Bolding and Morris from last year - back end play was pretty bad today and there's no real threat in the middle (timing issues damn near every time we tried to set a middle).

We've played a very tough schedule so far, but have a long ways to go to be in the hunt in the Big 12.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: September 21, 2024, 06:45:41 AM »
They're bad . . .

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: September 22, 2024, 06:19:44 PM »
Good Lord :flush:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: September 23, 2024, 11:58:00 AM »
I tuned in for a few points here and there over the weekend, and I don't know crap about Vball from a strategy perspective, and even I was giving their alignment the side eye. Sure enough while I was watching the opposing team drilled about 60% of their scoring shots right into the middle of K-State's alignment. It was was way too easy.

They've played a tough schedule for sure, but that ain't it.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: September 25, 2024, 09:56:21 PM »
Swept by a mediocre Houston team tonight at home.

To her credit(?), Suzie partially masked her bad teams with weak non-conference schedules. Mansfield went all-in on a tough non-conference and unless something changes, this team could very well finish with 20+ losses and 5 or fewer wins.

Not good.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: September 26, 2024, 07:50:36 AM »
I tuned in for a few points here and there over the weekend, and I don't know crap about Vball from a strategy perspective, and even I was giving their alignment the side eye. Sure enough while I was watching the opposing team drilled about 60% of their scoring shots right into the middle of K-State's alignment. It was was way too easy.

They've played a tough schedule for sure, but that ain't it.

That's not a product of alignment, although the continual switching of systems can't help, it's because we have no blocking, at all. In volleyball you set your defense around your block, you're most vulnerable directly behind the block, which should be designed, in most cases, to take away the middle of the court and force the hitters to go at sharp angles. When I was critical of the team early last year, my biggest red flag was the players couldn't figure out, or simply execute, how Mansfield wanted them to block. We utilized swing blocking under Suzie and Mansfield doesn't use that method. Eventually they figured it out, and the defense became stout. It absolutely helped last year's team, and subsequently hurt this team, that they don't have 6'5" Sydney Bolding, who might be one of the best blockers we've ever had. Brenna Schmidt is 6'6" but she's not nearly the blocker that Bolding was. That lack of blocking threat is really damaging to the defense.

What's wild is that there's been a focus on the attack by many, because we've had some sets and matches with really ugly numbers, but statistically the attack is actually better this year than last.

The defense is really bad right now.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: September 26, 2024, 09:29:18 AM »
Makes sense, thanks. . . lost in another sweep last night.  :frown:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2024, 09:49:56 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: September 27, 2024, 08:33:41 PM »
Played a 6-2 and swept a middle-of-the-pack Big 12 team in UCF tonight (first two close, third was a blowout).

In that system, it means Carter doesn't play in the back row and we've got another pure passer instead. Definitely made a difference offensively.

The block is still pretty non-existent, but at least offensive efficiency was better (largely due to better passing).

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: October 06, 2024, 11:59:34 AM »
Reverse sweep against flood aggie yesterday. The block was virtually non existent the first two sets then they were blocking everything in sight the last three sets. Fought off a couple of match points in the third set. Really gritty performance. Also there was no one at that match, pretty stunning but unsurprising attendance.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: Today at 08:03:50 PM »
we’re up 2-1 in lawrentucky, hope I don’t jinx us

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: Today at 08:56:20 PM »
Gregorski goes down, Williams isn't playing and it's just too much to overcome when we have to play bad passers in the back row (coupled with a lack of terminators - especially when Brown is out).

A helluva lot of impressive digs in this match for us, though.