Author Topic: Volleyball  (Read 148661 times)

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Volleyball
« Reply #950 on: October 27, 2021, 05:20:09 PM »

Awful loss tonight. This should have been a tournament team, but they're tied for last place in the conference. I'm officially done with this staff. Suzie had a cool pullover on tonight tho, but I'm done.
When they recruit outsides they want to see all of the shots.  Carter is a really good athlete that's now getting defended.  She doesn't have all the shots.  That's on Suzie.  The good ones get to wail away in HS, it doesn't work against P5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: October 27, 2021, 09:14:28 PM »
Flipping back in between tech cats game and Nubb wisky.. holy moly night and day between those teams (obvs) but we are sooo far off from being a good team.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: October 27, 2021, 10:46:38 PM »
Flipping back in between tech cats game and Nubb wisky.. holy moly night and day between those teams (obvs) but we are sooo far off from being a good team.

It's all gonna change when Susie gets that new arena

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: October 28, 2021, 12:44:12 PM »
Fritz is about to miss NCAAs for the fifth straight year (with a team that went wall-to-wall with Nebraska earlier in the year). She will have missed NCAAs eight times in the last 13 years. During that stretch, the highest finish in the league is tied for fourth (not counting COVID year) and she has never had a record better than 9-7 not counting last year's abbreviated season. This year will probably make nine non-winning Big 12 seasons in 13 years. But, Suzie will probably need at least 4-5 years in the new facility for a fair evaluation.

Our VB program - like just about every other program at K-State - is a poster-child for mediocrity and/or failure as well as serving as the athletics equivalent of non-fireable tenure for under/poor-performing coaches.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: October 28, 2021, 03:42:04 PM »
We got screwed out of a bid last year with the smaller field, and have a chance to get up to 3rd in the Big 12 this evening. With a strong finish, we can still make it to the tournament.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: October 28, 2021, 05:09:50 PM »
We're 46th in the RPI right now. Tech is 38th, KU is 26th, and ISU is 47th. We need to make up some ground to get off the bubble. We need to win tonight, sweep either the KU or ISU series and split the other one we don't sweep to get off the bubble. This all assuming we get swept by Texas.

The Big 12 not having a post season tournament is triple dumb.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: October 28, 2021, 05:39:38 PM »
With this team, splits with KU and ISU and being swept by Texas seems like the most likely outcome. I don't think that will be enough to get us in, but we'll see. As always, the losses to bad teams/teams you should beat is a killer for a Fritz team.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: October 28, 2021, 07:33:10 PM »
With this team, splits with KU and ISU and being swept by Texas seems like the most likely outcome. I don't think that will be enough to get us in, but we'll see. As always, the losses to bad teams/teams you should beat is a killer for a Fritz team.

I agree with that as a likely outcome, also agree that it won't get us in. I'd like to know why tonight's match isn't on espn+.

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: October 28, 2021, 08:12:26 PM »
They aren't beating KU.  Their dipshit coach can at least recruit.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: October 29, 2021, 08:58:36 AM »

I agree with that as a likely outcome, also agree that it won't get us in. I'd like to know why tonight's match isn't on espn+.

Could be wrong, but my guess is that K-State provides the production team for the ESPN+ contests and might not have the staff to handle two contests at the same time. With soccer having senior night, they chose that over VB. And, it's perfectly fitting that soccer pooped their pants with a bid to the Big 12 tournament on the line.

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: October 29, 2021, 05:29:40 PM »
They aren't beating KU.  Their dipshit coach can at least recruit.

I think we can at least split with them. With a NCAA bid on the line hopefully come to play

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: October 31, 2021, 12:50:42 AM »

Could be wrong, but my guess is that K-State provides the production team for the ESPN+ contests and might not have the staff to handle two contests at the same time. With soccer having senior night, they chose that over VB. And, it's perfectly fitting that soccer pooped their pants with a bid to the Big 12 tournament on the line.

Good point with espn+. That soccer match was very disappointing but felt inevitable.

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: November 27, 2021, 09:15:54 PM »
I told you.

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: November 28, 2021, 12:40:10 AM »
I told you.

Good for you. K-State sports keeps on impressing.   :sdeek:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: November 28, 2021, 05:00:54 PM »
This was a lost opportunity, complete and total disappointment. Now we get to wait to see which good players transfer out.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: November 28, 2021, 06:40:59 PM »
Think Ward Morgan should put the pressure on to can suzie's ass

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: November 28, 2021, 06:56:42 PM »
Frustrating to watch KU get right with in state talent.  K-State not in the conversation with those kids.  That's a problem & it's not going away.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: November 28, 2021, 08:29:03 PM »

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: November 28, 2021, 08:50:40 PM »
In for the first time since 2016... here's to another 10-year contract extension for Suzie.

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: November 28, 2021, 09:36:00 PM »
In for the first time since 2016... here's to another 10-year contract extension for Suzie.
Shocking

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: November 28, 2021, 11:21:52 PM »
 :ROFL: I didn't even watch the selection show. How in the hell did that happen? Arkansas has a better RPI, conference record, and overall record and they were left out.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: November 28, 2021, 11:22:40 PM »
:ROFL: I didn't even watch the selection show. How in the hell did that happen? Arkansas has a better RPI, conference record, and overall record and they were left out.

I guess it's sort of like losing to Alabama Football (KU vball).

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: November 29, 2021, 07:10:20 AM »
Big 12 Volleyball!

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: November 29, 2021, 07:31:50 AM »
What in the world ??

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: November 29, 2021, 09:58:27 AM »
We have the best outside hitter in school history on this damned team, any way cats are gonna get freaking rolled. Susie succcckkkkkks
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023