Author Topic: Volleyball  (Read 148690 times)

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Volleyball
« Reply #900 on: October 02, 2020, 09:30:43 PM »
Another 5-set win against WVU tonight... Carlson didn't play again- hopefully it's not a major issue..

Will find out what we're made of vs. Texas next Friday-Saturday.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: October 02, 2020, 11:27:31 PM »
That was nearly an all time pants shitting. I hope Suzie learned a lesson with not using that challenge up 6 in the third set. That being said, I don't know how the linesman and R1 missed that call, the ball was completely in.

It would have been nice to see the 5th set, damn Appalachia.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 16, 2020, 05:57:55 PM »
Just saw on the ESPN bottom line that we are #13. Seems good?
:adios:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: October 16, 2020, 09:32:40 PM »

They are only ranking the teams that are playing. We're much better but not that good. This performance against UT is a much better gauge of how good we are because they are a legit top 5 team. The women look great, I'm thrilled.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: October 16, 2020, 09:37:37 PM »

They are only ranking the teams that are playing. We're much better but not that good. This performance against UT is a much better gauge of how good we are because they are a legit top 5 team. The women look great, I'm thrilled.
I’m watching, we look good!
:adios:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: October 16, 2020, 09:43:34 PM »
 :surprised:
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: October 16, 2020, 09:44:07 PM »
HOLY crap

CONFIDENCE RISING

:ksu:

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: October 16, 2020, 09:47:33 PM »
LFGGG

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: October 16, 2020, 10:33:05 PM »
Well, it was fun while it lasted. The focus wasn't as sharp the fourth set, therefore the passing was horrendous. Suzie made a terrible mistake by sitting Carter to start the 5th, she tried to steal some points and we got buried before she could get on the floor.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: October 17, 2020, 12:38:01 AM »
Sue Eying a 16 run? E8 down the line?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 12:51:26 AM by nicname »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: October 17, 2020, 01:27:53 AM »
Waaayyyyy too early for that

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: October 17, 2020, 10:05:05 AM »

I’m impressed by the talent. I’d heard the ‘cruitin’ had a real uptick, but wow. I honestly wasn’t sure Sue had another run in her. Happy for her to be getting much deserved facilities and money support as well.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: October 17, 2020, 10:35:10 AM »

I’m impressed by the talent. I’d heard the ‘cruitin’ had a real uptick, but wow. I honestly wasn’t sure Sue had another run in her. Happy for her to be getting much deserved facilities and money support as well.

She's had three straight recruiting classes, although most from the first class are gone. It's probably going to be a while before Suzie sees that new arena, they don't have the money yet.

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: October 17, 2020, 07:11:39 PM »
They should leave Carter in the back row. One of our DS is not good.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: October 17, 2020, 10:13:33 PM »

Have you seen something to indicate she can dig and pass?

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: October 18, 2020, 05:44:07 PM »

Have you seen something to indicate she can dig and pass?
Well it’s not ideal to recruit 3 rotation OH’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: October 18, 2020, 07:02:57 PM »
I haven’t seen her play much defense but I know she can hit from back there which would give them another option.

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: October 18, 2020, 07:44:35 PM »
I like Carter but it’s very early.  Teams are seeing her for the 1st time.  Film will identify how to defend her & she’ll have to adjust.  I love that her offspeed stuff is already very good.  That’s pretty rare for a frosh.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: October 18, 2020, 08:52:14 PM »
I haven’t seen her play much defense but I know she can hit from back there which would give them another option.

Can she though? Her height makes me very leery about her ability to hit from the back row. Even if she can, this level of volleyball has players who can absolutely expose anyone who is a defensive liability. You can't be defending with 5 players and expect to win.

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: October 18, 2020, 09:09:51 PM »

Can she though? Her height makes me very leery about her ability to hit from the back row. Even if she can, this level of volleyball has players who can absolutely expose anyone who is a defensive liability. You can't be defending with 5 players and expect to win.
Serve receive can be a brutal initiation.  They’ll find you.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: October 18, 2020, 09:36:38 PM »

Serve receive can be a brutal initiation.  They’ll find you.

Receiving with 5 and trying to hide the bad passer in the back corner of zone 5 doesn't work past club ball.

Offline Cardiac Cats

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: October 23, 2020, 08:49:40 AM »
How does Stonestreet let his niece go to ISU? (low VB IQ and maybe we recruited over her, but still!)

https://twitter.com/ericstonestreet/status/1319417452892180480?s=20

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: October 23, 2020, 09:16:49 AM »
I don't know if we recruited her or not. I do know she committed there over a year ago, so if he's just finding out about this via tweet, I have to wonder how close he is to her.

She plays for KC Power, which is the best club in the country. The team brooke played on had every player receive a D1 scholarship, including one who is coming here. We don't do as well with that club as any of us would like, I think we've had 5 or 6 signings from Power the last decade or so, but those girls all get recruited nationally. They aren't regional recruits we're missing on because we don't know who they are.

Offline Cardiac Cats

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: October 23, 2020, 10:28:38 AM »
I don't know if we recruited her or not. I do know she committed there over a year ago, so if he's just finding out about this via tweet, I have to wonder how close he is to her.

She plays for KC Power, which is the best club in the country. The team brooke played on had every player receive a D1 scholarship, including one who is coming here. We don't do as well with that club as any of us would like, I think we've had 5 or 6 signings from Power the last decade or so, but those girls all get recruited nationally. They aren't regional recruits we're missing on because we don't know who they are.

Just spent the last 30 minutes down a "KC Power" rabbit hole. Wow. The college commitment list was definitely impressive. Thanks for the additional depth.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: October 23, 2020, 11:24:36 PM »
Yeesh, that was almost an all-time choke job. That 4th set was UGLY. We got it together just in time. Win your clunkers.