Author Topic: Herman Cain wins Florida straw poll...  (Read 8877 times)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Herman Cain wins Florida straw poll...
« on: September 27, 2011, 06:38:23 PM »
...with 37% of the vote (compared to 15% for 2nd place Perry and 14% for 3rd place Romney). 

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/cain-nearly-quit-campaign-florida-straw-poll-says-115734617.html

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: Herman Cain wins Florida straw poll...
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 06:48:27 PM »

ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF REPUBLICAN RACISM!!!
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 06:50:47 PM »
Dude is HUGE in the south.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 07:06:29 PM »
I love Herman Cain.

He could be our first black president.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 07:15:59 PM »
I love Herman Cain.

He'd be perfect but there's a blacks scar on his resume (Fed)

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 07:16:39 PM »
Then again he's racist towards Muslims like the rest of the party.

RP 2012

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 07:58:39 PM »
Then again he's racist towards Muslims like the rest of the party.

RP 2012

Muslim isn't a race, it's a religion   :nono:

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 08:48:58 PM »
I love Herman Cain.

He'd be perfect but there's a blacks scar on his resume (Fed)

Hey, at least he'll know how it works.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 09:00:36 PM »
9-9-9!!!

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 07:48:22 PM »
9-9-9!!!

Just another example of the lack of ideas coming from the Party of NO!!!

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 05:00:02 PM »
The most embarrassing group of presidential candidates of all-time?  Yes.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 05:07:28 PM »

That was 2008, hands down, but only because there were twice as many and from both sides.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 05:18:11 PM »

That was 2008, hands down, but only because there were twice as many and from both sides.

McCain was a strong Republican candidate until he was forced to take Palin as his vice presidential candidate.  Obama is one of the strongest presidential candidates of all-time.  He's the first African-American President in the history of the United States.

:rolleyes:

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 05:27:04 PM »

McCain was a strong Republican candidate until he was forced to take Palin as his vice presidential candidate.  Obama is one of the strongest presidential candidates of all-time.  He's the first African-American President in the history of the United States.

His greatest attribute is that he's black, and he's a snake oil salesman. Told more lies in his campaign then Bush and Cheney did leading up to Iraq.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 05:33:33 PM »

LOL.  McCain almost won in spite of himself and Obama won on a platform of lies and unkempt promises. Glad you're still in his corner.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 05:47:43 PM »

His greatest attribute is that he's black, and he's a snake oil salesman. Told more lies in his campaign then Bush and Cheney did leading up to Iraq.

What did he lie about?  It seems to me like you're just regurgitating the same filth that resonates from the right wing echo chamber on a daily basis. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/obamas-promises/

And a lot of those promises that were "in progress" back in 2010 have since been achieved (such as reforming the government earmark system, for example).  He has tried to fight for the middle class as well as improving our alternative energy system, but the Republicans in Congress have made it impossible for him to get anything passed.  He has the most filibusters of any President in history, and he hasn't even been in office for three full years yet. 

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 05:48:43 PM »

LOL.  McCain almost won in spite of himself and Obama won on a platform of lies and unkempt promises. Glad you're still in his corner.

Almost won?  What alternative universe were you living in at the time of the 2008 election? 

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2011, 05:54:04 PM »

What did he lie about?  It seems to me like you're just regurgitating the same filth that resonates from the right wing echo chamber on a daily basis. 

And a lot of those promises that were "in progress" back in 2010 have since been achieved (such as reforming the government earmark system, for example).  He has tried to fight for the middle class as well as improving our alternative energy system, but the Republicans in Congress have made it impossible for him to get anything passed.  He has the most filibusters of any President in history, and he hasn't even been in office for three full years yet. 

This is why he's so successful. His supporters (you) will stand up for him no matter how many promises he breaks. It's a LOL fest.

- Ending the wars
- Gitmo
- Patriot Act
- the whole "transparency in government" thing. Yeah rough ridin' right.

That's just off the top of my head.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2011, 05:57:28 PM »

That link is pretty hilarious.  Thanks beems.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2011, 06:19:40 PM »

This is why he's so successful. His supporters (you) will stand up for him no matter how many promises he breaks. It's a LOL fest.

- Ending the wars
- Gitmo
- Patriot Act
- the whole "transparency in government" thing. Yeah rough ridin' right.

That's just off the top of my head.

We're withdrawing from Iraq.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/10/us-usa-iraq-troops-idUSTRE7890LQ20110910

By Phil Stewart

WASHINGTON | Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:13am EDT

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - When it comes to the tricky political calculus of deciding how many U.S. troops to keep in Iraq, President Barack Obama may truly have no good options.

Obama was an Iraq war opponent who repeatedly promised no U.S. troops will remain in the country beyond 2011, the deadline for the U.S. withdrawal under a bilateral pact.

But his past two defense secretaries have publicly advocated keeping some U.S. forces there on a training mission, should Iraq ask for it. To that end, Iraq and the United States agreed to start formal negotiations last month.

Sources tell Reuters the Obama administration is now considering options including a training force as small as 3,000 troops in the country. Obama's Democratic base may still feel that is too many and Republican critics say that number is too few to guard against a dangerous escalation in violence.

Any deterioration in Iraq could come back to haunt Obama during the 2012 U.S. presidential election year. It would remind Democrats that American forces are still in danger there while bolstering a Republican narrative of policy blunder.

In his State of the Union address, Obama vowed to "finish the job of bringing our troops out of Iraq." Civilians, he said, would forge a lasting partnership with the Iraqi people, a nod to an expanded role planned for the State Department.

To counter the impression of backpedaling, the Obama administration appears to be flirting with the idea of rebranding current military operations in Iraq as "combat" and future ones as "training."

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said last month, at event where she was flanked by Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, "our combat mission in Iraq ends at the end of this year."

"Our support and training mission, if there is to be such a one, is what the subject of this discussion (with the Iraqis) would be," she said at the National Defense University.

There is a problem though: Obama has already announced the end of the U.S. combat mission in Iraq. The remaining 43,000 or so forces in the country are already in an 'advise and assist' role, even though the U.S. military still sometimes conducts air strikes.

SPLIT WITH THE MILITARY?

Declaring that the "tide of war is receding," Obama announced in June a faster withdrawal from Afghanistan than his military had recommended. That may now happen in Iraq, although there are competing visions within the military itself about just how big a force may be needed.

Eight years after the United States ousted Saddam Hussein, Iraq is still building its police and army to battle a lethal Sunni Islamist insurgency and Shi'ite militias within, as well as defending against external threats.

Anti-U.S. Shi'ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, a key member of Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki's coalition government who openly opposes any continued U.S. presence, has threatened to escalate protests and military resistance if any American troops stay.

So, the U.S. military has emphasized that "force protection" for American troops will be key to any future mission in Iraq.

The Pentagon declined to comment on internal deliberations, but sources familiar with the matter said U.S. officers have felt at least 10,000 troops would be necessary to help Baghdad address all the shortcomings in its security forces.

Even so, Army Chief of Staff General Raymond Odierno, until last year the top U.S. commander in Iraq, has not expressed alarm at the possibility of keeping on just 3,000 troops.

He told reporters at the Pentagon on Thursday: "I always felt that we had to be careful about leaving too many people in Iraq. I'm not saying 3,000 to 5,000 is the right number. But what I would say is there comes a time when ... it becomes counter-productive" to have too many forces.

Too many troops risk being seen as an occupying force, he said.

KURDS VS ARABS

One example of a mission that could fall by the wayside is U.S. operations to keep the peace between Arabs and Kurds.

The president of Iraq's semi-autonomous Kurdish region warned this week that the withdrawal of U.S. forces will increase the possibility of a civil war.

"If you're doing 3,000, you could do a scaled-back version of the Northern Iraq mission and that's all you'd be doing," said a U.S. official, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Odierno, who had long been the face of the Iraq mission before General Lloyd Austin took over this year, said that wasn't necessarily the case.

"I've heard some discuss where we need 5,000 people to work the Arab-Kurd issue. Well, I've read some things lately that we think that they are starting to handle that," he said.

"So if that's the case, then we don't need those 5,000," he added, without directly taking a position on the issue.

Look, even the military is split on what would be the best way to withdraw from Iraq.  The bottom line is that we're withdrawing.  If we leave all of a sudden and allow the Arab-Kurd issue to devolve into an all-out civil war, the United States looks even worse.  Also, if we hadn't increased troop levels in Afghanistan for a while, we never would have assassinated bin Laden.  And yes, I realize that the assassination of bin Laden doesn't mean much to some people, but for the families of those 9/11 victims, it meant a lot.  It was a win for the United States as a whole. 

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2011, 07:22:42 PM »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG, BMW, you've got to be kidding

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

B.O. is, without question, the worst president of any of our lifetimes.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2011, 07:35:24 PM »

He hasn't proposed legislation, delegated all to dem controlled congress.  Earmarks are the name of the game in his stimulus package, all earmarked for crony capitalism and unions.  He had supermajority in senate, then large majority, and majority in the house for 2 years.  Nothing, its the repubs fault, teaparty is racist.  Spend spend spend. The republicans take half of the legislative branch, its the repubs fault the economy is an abortoin.  All he does is campaign, pander and demagogue.  His job, and campaign promise, was to bring everyone together.  Within minutes of taking office it was lectures and snide remarks across the aisle.  "We don't need you, we won, no one likes your ideas, car in a ditch, go it alone, nuclear option".  A political fool, a horrible leader, a liar, a complete and utter failure.

You're are a joke.  An embarrassment to real liberals.  The ones who, although psychotic, actually have some semblance of principal, however misguided.  You support this pandering, meandering, cluemaster blindly, just like the nazis supported hitler.  :sdeek:  No questions asked, its for the good of the "middle class" (i.e., "working class"), look at me, look at you.

Disgusting

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2011, 11:19:49 PM »
Not to mention Barry framed the second amendment down in Mexico, which has led to the deaths of several people in the US and god knows how many in Mexico.

Way to go, Barry  :frown:

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2011, 09:51:16 PM »
Obama clearly said "if the troops are not out by the time I am elected president. It will be the first thing I DO!!"

Ya.....
EMAW

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2011, 12:11:26 PM »
I like Herman Cain and hope he wins.  According to the latest worthless poll, people hate Obama so much, it really doesn't matter who the repubs put in against him.  :dunno: