Author Topic: Herman Cain wins Florida straw poll...  (Read 8875 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Herman Cain wins Florida straw poll...
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2011, 12:29:34 PM »
Cain does deserve credit for being the only candidate who is serious about the budget. I just think it's somewhat laughable that he is trying to say his tax plan is a tax cut, when in reality, 84% of Americans will pay more.

Paul proposed cutting 1 trillion in spending  :dunno:

Yes, but he also proposed zero taxes of any kind. I'm just not sure how he plans on funding the rest of the federal budget without any tax revenue.

You don't need additional taxes if you cut 1 trillion

He didn't say he wants no additional taxes. He said he wants no taxes at all. Nobody would pay anything.

I'd love to see a link to that, if true would be LOL worthy
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2011, 12:39:19 PM »
Cain does deserve credit for being the only candidate who is serious about the budget. I just think it's somewhat laughable that he is trying to say his tax plan is a tax cut, when in reality, 84% of Americans will pay more.

Yes, but he also proposed zero taxes of any kind. I'm just not sure how he plans on funding the rest of the federal budget without any tax revenue.

He didn't say he wants no additional taxes. He said he wants no taxes at all. Nobody would pay anything.

I haven't even looked into that much, although I see there's still a 15% corporate tax.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2011, 01:00:07 PM »

I don't have a link. He said it at last night's debate. I'll see if I can find one later.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2011, 05:34:01 PM »

I don't have a link. He said it at last night's debate. I'll see if I can find one later.

Yea went out and found it, he was rebutting Herman Cain's budget plan and said it was regressive. He says what you said he did, that much is very clear. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2011, 08:25:55 PM »

Yea went out and found it, he was rebutting Herman Cain's budget plan and said it was regressive. He says what you said he did, that much is very clear. 

Paul wants to abolish the income tax, always has.  He doesn't want to abolish all taxes.  He is/was a conservative libertarian, in that he believes taxes deprive people of their personal property and are unjust to the extent used to foster anything more than the minimum level of government (e.g. a police and military to protect the citizens from having their personal property unjustly taken).
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2011, 07:18:45 AM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2011, 10:31:32 AM »
LINK

I guess the owners of this website now have their candidate.

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2011, 11:29:48 AM »
LINK

Looks like craphound has crunched all the numbers. What does the tom the dancing bug say about this?

Offline husserl

• Fan
    • View Profile

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2011, 07:54:45 PM »
LINK

Looks like craphound has crunched all the numbers. What does the tom the dancing bug say about this?

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/numbers/displayatab.cfm?Docid=3222&DocTypeID=2

you know the "tax policy center" is left-leaning don't you?

However, I'm with the libs on this one.  No one that currently isn't paying any income taxes, should have to pay income taxes.  Their fair share is somewhere between zero and negative infinity.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd