Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Dogs
« Reply #702 on: September 14, 2016, 09:01:38 PM »
i did get my cats harnesses this past weekend and they hung out and played cornhole.  that was fun

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Dogs
« Reply #703 on: September 14, 2016, 09:07:42 PM »
why did dog litter never catch on?

dogs don't like to crap in the house.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 14, 2016, 09:09:09 PM »
I just made my first inquiry into a specific dog, except it might be in Houston.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: September 14, 2016, 09:14:22 PM »
we did the bell thing and it worked for awhile but then p-dog would start ringing the bell whenever she saw a bird or squirrel or something and wanted to go party rock

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: September 14, 2016, 09:56:34 PM »
I just made my first inquiry into a specific dog, except it might be in Houston.

:curse: you had instructions

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: September 14, 2016, 10:01:31 PM »

:curse: you had instructions

These dogs are much bigger irl than they appear in the pictures.

That included Presto.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: September 14, 2016, 11:54:38 PM »
we did the bell thing and it worked for awhile but then p-dog would start ringing the bell whenever she saw a bird or squirrel or something and wanted to go party rock

house hunters international did an episode in japan last week and they made it out to be VERY anti-dog

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: September 15, 2016, 12:23:08 AM »
Had to have our pug put down a few weeks ago. That is the most soul-crushing experience in the world.
Sorry to hear this. I've lost a few pups, natural deaths, but still very hard. Ts and Ps

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: September 15, 2016, 01:39:44 AM »

house hunters international did an episode in japan last week and they made it out to be VERY anti-dog

it cuts your housing options by probably 75% but the killer is they demand a double security deposit.

many Japanese house finish materials are very fragile and don't stand up well to pets. think soft wall paper, rice paper interior doors/room dividers, tatami floors.

our house has engineered wood floors that are so soft even rolling my suitcase left indented tracks  :dubious:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 03:42:01 AM by puniraptor »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: September 15, 2016, 01:30:59 PM »

it cuts your housing options by probably 75% but the killer is they demand a double security deposit.

many Japanese house finish materials are very fragile and don't stand up well to pets. think soft wall paper, rice paper interior doors/room dividers, tatami floors.

our house has engineered wood floors that are so soft even rolling my suitcase left indented tracks  :dubious:

sanrio must be pissed, i mean- hello?  kitty?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: September 15, 2016, 11:10:05 PM »
Had to have our pug put down a few weeks ago. That is the most soul-crushing experience in the world.
Sorry to hear this. I've lost a few pups, natural deaths, but still very hard. Ts and Ps

thank you. He had a good run- 16 years. Really thought nature would take its course but his quality of life had just gotten too bad to let him suffer. great friend though.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: September 15, 2016, 11:12:16 PM »

thank you. He had a good run- 16 years. Really thought nature would take its course but his quality of life had just gotten too bad to let him suffer. great friend though.
My childhood dog actually passed away from natural causes as the vet was on his way. Was kind of sweet.

You're welcome. I'm sure he had a great life. I hope you heal soon.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: September 15, 2016, 11:52:52 PM »
The Houston (?) dog got adopted quick.  Thoughts on these?

https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/35599408 - seems chill, wants quiet and little chaos in my place as do I.  Purportedly crate-trained and house-trained; thinking I'm gonna want to use a crate for a while so my home office isn't ate.

https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/36184955 - maybe gets a little more hype, but also supposedly good w/crate #life and house-trained.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: September 16, 2016, 03:05:27 AM »
I think both of those dogs are fugly. Crate training a dog is incredibly easy if you don't get caught up in the lunacy of thinking it's bad for the dog. I went to Wichita to pick up my wife's dog, I put him in a crate in the car for his trip up here, it was the first time he was in a crate, he was crate trained by the end of the trip. He was crate trained for a month and I decided to buy him a 30 foot outdoor dog run and he hated it, still hates it four years later.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: September 16, 2016, 07:31:23 AM »
both those dogs are too small.

i've never understood what people are talking about when they say crate training. is it just that you tell a dog to go in a crate and he goes in?  because there's no training involved in that, that's just telling a dog to do something and the dog doesn't give a crap and mostly does whatever you tell it to naturally so it does what you tell it to w. regard to going in a crate.  is there supposed to be something more to it?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: September 16, 2016, 07:33:50 AM »
i mean. if that's all there is to it, my dogs are everything in the world trained, because if i point at anywhere in the world except maybe the middle of an ocean or jumping out of a plane and say - "hey go in there, or go over there", they'll do it, because they're dogs.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: September 16, 2016, 08:18:36 AM »
The two dogs I've tried to crate train have done a combination of: escape, crap/piss and stomp around in it, injure themselves trying to escape, whine and howl to piss off the neighbors.  Maybe I'm just horrible at crate training.

All the non-labs my family has had were very easily crate trained and had no problems with them tho.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: September 16, 2016, 08:38:14 AM »
They will eventuality stop doing that crap when they realize they are going in that create ever-y-day.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: September 16, 2016, 08:41:22 AM »
both those dogs are too small.

i've never understood what people are talking about when they say crate training. is it just that you tell a dog to go in a crate and he goes in?  because there's no training involved in that, that's just telling a dog to do something and the dog doesn't give a crap and mostly does whatever you tell it to naturally so it does what you tell it to w. regard to going in a crate.  is there supposed to be something more to it?

a true "crate-trained" dog doesn't need to be told to go to the crate. Example, my dog knows when I have keys in my hand I'm leaving the house, she goes in her crate. If we're on the couch watching TV the dog lies down in her crate, etc etc

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: September 16, 2016, 08:45:46 AM »
Sometimes I go to my parents place over lunch. The family dog buddy is very smart and he lays in his kennel when they're at work. I let him out when I come home and I trained him on how to go straight to his kennel without me having to say anything before I leave. How did I do it? I grab a treat, he sees what's going on, and he heads straight to his kennel.  :love:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: September 16, 2016, 09:00:18 AM »
Sometimes I go to my parents place over lunch. The family dog buddy is very smart and he lays in his kennel when they're at work. I let him out when I come home and I trained him on how to go straight to his kennel without me having to say anything before I leave. How did I do it? I grab a treat, he sees what's going on, and he heads straight to his kennel.  :love:

my dog would sense that you were thinking it was about time to go for the treat and then run to the other side of the kitchen table so that you couldn't get him.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 16, 2016, 09:03:48 AM »
 :ROFL: :love:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 16, 2016, 09:04:27 AM »
The Houston (?) dog got adopted quick.  Thoughts on these?

https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/35599408 - seems chill, wants quiet and little chaos in my place as do I.  Purportedly crate-trained and house-trained; thinking I'm gonna want to use a crate for a while so my home office isn't ate.

https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/36184955 - maybe gets a little more hype, but also supposedly good w/crate #life and house-trained.

Buddy.