Author Topic: Dogs  (Read 194824 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Dogs
« Reply #2200 on: September 16, 2023, 11:19:10 AM »

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: September 18, 2023, 12:34:45 PM »
Appears to be a full sized Australian Shepherd.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: September 18, 2023, 12:36:40 PM »
Actually that's a horse
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: November 13, 2023, 10:02:52 AM »
My stupid dog that my wife and daughters love more than anything jumped out the window of my wifes car on sunday while they were driving.

ER Vet said probably tore up her knee

She's about 50 pounds of Mutt, anyone have experiences with surgury vs letting it go?

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: November 13, 2023, 10:32:19 AM »
My stupid dog that my wife and daughters love more than anything jumped out the window of my wifes car on sunday while they were driving.

She's about 50 pounds of Mutt, anyone have experiences with surgury vs letting it go?

you are a monster

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2205 on: November 14, 2023, 12:38:40 PM »
Sorry Surgery

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: November 15, 2023, 02:01:06 PM »

https://kck9ortho.com/

They did Taters ACL.  If the dog is older and not in pain vs a young, active dog was kind of how they presented our options.

Tom

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: November 15, 2023, 02:17:21 PM »

They did Taters ACL.  If the dog is older and not in pain vs a young, active dog was kind of how they presented our options.

Tom

Ours is young and very active.  before the injury she ran with my wife multiple days a week.  Not hunting active, not really around other dogs either.

kstate quoted 4k for the procedure which I was hoping would be cheaper.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: November 15, 2023, 02:51:41 PM »
after spending a bazillion dollars on my last best pal, I got insurance for the latest. its like $40 a month but that also covers shots and some visits or something. You can get it cheaper without the shot add on, but it prob works out to be about the same. This will only work for you if you have a time machine though.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: November 15, 2023, 03:13:52 PM »
after spending a bazillion dollars on my last best pal, I got insurance for the latest. its like $40 a month but that also covers shots and some visits or something. You can get it cheaper without the shot add on, but it prob works out to be about the same. This will only work for you if you have a time machine though.

Pets seem like something you should definitely self insure on. In fact, I think the list of things worth insuring is pretty short. Life, health, home, auto (by law). Am I missing anything?

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: November 15, 2023, 03:16:12 PM »

Pets seem like something you should definitely self insure on. In fact, I think the list of things worth insuring is pretty short. Life, health, home, auto (by law). Am I missing anything?

Travel insurance should probably be something I should look in to...........

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: November 15, 2023, 03:20:00 PM »

Travel insurance should probably be something I should look in to...........

Lol. Perhaps. But that's more of a "you" thing.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: November 15, 2023, 03:22:43 PM »

Tom

Ours is young and very active.  before the injury she ran with my wife multiple days a week.  Not hunting active, not really around other dogs either.

kstate quoted 4k for the procedure which I was hoping would be cheaper.
Seems to be going rate.  Taters ACL was $4k, and I didn't even get a KState DVM.

FWIW, he has recovered nicely.  Prior, he limped around and favored the injured leg.  He even puts all his weight on the repaired leg to pee.

Tom

« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 03:30:17 PM by KST8FAN »