Author Topic: auto purchase sug.(not to be confused with hundreds of other sd request threads)  (Read 40300 times)

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2011, 06:32:01 PM »
also, now that Fiat owns Chrysler/Jeep/Etc., I thought their reliability may be better.  the Grand Cherokee is built on the same platform as the Mercedes M class.

Mods, please get SD under control and move this post to the help sd buy a car thread
I'm purple down

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
Jeep will be mocked/laughed at.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2011, 06:36:06 PM »
also, now that Fiat owns Chrysler/Jeep/Etc., I thought their reliability may be better.  the Grand Cherokee is built on the same platform as the Mercedes M class.

Mods, please get SD under control and move this post to the help sd buy a car thread

good lord  :frown:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

what's your recomendo saul?

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Trim is going to eff you up.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The new Explorers are pretty increds, especially for folks that aren't great with 4x4 systems.  AWD is the way to go and they have a terrain selection knob deal.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Get the Sahara.  And get a pak head spare tire cover.  Buy the guys at the jeep shop a $50 gift card to the Omaha equivalent of the Scotch every Christmas and you'll be fine.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Also, paying the premium price of the Mercedes is pretty silly here.  That Jeep was designed by Mercedes and Jeep still buys many of the parts from Daimler.  The only issue I have with the Grand Cherokee is the difficulty in locating a V-6 (Pentastar) in a Limited or Overland trim.  There is basically no reason to drive the V-8 unless you tow stuff a lot.  And I don't really care for the Sahara trim level on the WUs now that they started putting body colored hard tops on them, they look like little G-Classes now.  I like the Rubicon-  same interior, 17 'vs 18' wheels, and you can still find the regular black tops.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If you do end up with a Wrangler Unlimited, absolutely make sure you get a '12 and not an '11.  The new 3.6 liter engine is much more powerful and fuel efficient; it's the same Pentastar they use in the GCs and several other vehicles.  Also, the '12s have a 5 speed transmission.  The 4 speed tranny (!) on the '11s is pretty pathetic. 

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
or the Audi

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm confused as to when Pete became Jeffy.   I guess I didn't notice it during the off season.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
subaru or audi

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Mrs. Gooch is in the market for a new car too. Really want her to get on of these so i can drive the crap out of it.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
My Mom had an Audi Q5. Really nice car until these two ass fuckers stole it and wrecked it in a ditch

Offline BBF$$Kat

• Fan
    • View Profile
Since SD will never decide, I am considering an Infiniti G37 coupe AWD, please advise
Have the G37x AWD 4dr ....... very pleased with the purchase

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
cars are stupid. and people that care a lot about them are even stupider. there. i said it.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
cars are stupid. and people that care a lot about them are even stupider. there. i said it.

It needed to be said.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
:comeatme:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

It needed to be said.

when i realized that this thread was about to reach three pages and it hadn't been brought up yet i just couldn't take it any longer. jesus.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
<----------- #teamlikesaniceautomoblie

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
buying an SUV/Crossover.  current options are Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, Wrangler Sahara 4 door, Mercedes GLK, Audi Q5, other.  Anyone own any of these or have recommendations for other similar sized/priced options?  Anyone work at a dealership that wants to sell me one?

I'd get a Volkswagen Touareg, they look elite (better than the Q5 and less girlish).
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 08:32:41 PM by kim carnes »

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Most folks that want a suv only for the occasional deep snow would be happy with a CRV;  RX if they are  :kstategrad:

Why not get an awd sedan, better mileage, more vehicle for the money, and more fun to drive

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Honestly, a Highlander is probably the best buy for like 75% of suv seekers.  But since SD is looking for something a bit tougher looking, a 4Runner would be a great vehicle.  4Runner/Explorer/GCherokee, in that order.  The Wrangler would be the coolest/most fun but also the least practical.  Those things are much more refined and quiet these days but they're still not much fun to drive on the highway.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Find out exactly what you want, then call all the dealers within a couple hour drive of you, tell them exactly what you want and let them know you are talking to all the others.  ASk them what their lowest price is, then lie like  [redacted] about the last guy you just talked to and what what he offered.

Works like a charm on new cars.  Does not work at all on used.

Works especially well with cars that have a lot of local dealerships, like chevy, ford, nissan, etc.

Had a guy at work do this with a mass fax.  Never even spoke to a guy until he saw the offer he wanted then just went and signed the papers and picked the crap up.

Some of them get pretty pissed, but most of them squirm pretty bad. It's entertaining(no offense to pete).