Author Topic: auto purchase sug.(not to be confused with hundreds of other sd request threads)  (Read 40324 times)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah, that edition of the Explorer was pretty lackluster, which is a large reason why they spent so much time/money designing the new model.  The new ones certainly appear to be very nice vehicles, in pretty much every facet.  Time will tell if the reliability has improved as much as Ford says it has.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Wife drives an 05explorer.  I'm 6'2'' no leg room issues.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
My dad used to have like an '04 or '05 Explorer.  Dude is 6'7" and I never heard him complain about leg room.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
My dad used to have like an '04 or '05 Explorer.  Dude is 6'7" and I never heard him complain about leg room.

6'-5" and my head touches the ceiling slightly(yes we have a sunroof) and my legs are v close to the dash. V unconfy

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
huge selling point? you can switch the thing to "snow".  deal with that summercats. 

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You can also raise/lower it like 4 inches.  Pretty sweet vehicles.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
internet price says 42,000, id love to have seen the salesmens face when he sold it for 32,500 and three years worth of free scheduled maintenance :kstategrad:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
Trade your old car in or selling it?  How much you get for it if trade in?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Trade your old car in or selling it?  How much you get for it if trade in?

got $10k for the blizzard coffin

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
internet price says 42,000, i'd love to have seen the salesman's face when he sold it for 3.2 million miles.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
Isn't an Altima front wheel drive?  It should be decent in the snow.  sd not a good driver?

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
FWD certainly helps but SD said he kept getting stuck in snow so I'd assume it's alot of snow and the car is too low for it. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Well hopefully this wont get stuck as often when SD goes high speed drifto in the snow

I'll reserve judgement until I see what Fiat has done to Dodge/JP/CHR reliability
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Nissan Murano   :thumbs:
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
I have a grand cherokee right now.  I know nothing about cars so here are the things I notice about my car:

1. It gets pretty dirty
2. Wind shield wipers consistently do a bad job.  I've got them replaced a few times, but invariably, they are bad.  The front ones just mush around the water and don't clear it completely off.  The back ones don't even touch the back windshield.  Weird.
3.  Tires go flat all the time.
4. Sunroof  :love:
5. Folding down the seats allows me to put an moped into my car.  Crazy big interior space with seats folded down.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
I have a grand cherokee right now.  I know nothing about cars so here are the things I notice about my car:

1. It gets pretty dirty
2. Wind shield wipers consistently do a bad job.  I've got them replaced a few times, but invariably, they are bad.  The front ones just mush around the water and don't clear it completely off.  The back ones don't even touch the back windshield.  Weird.
5. Folding down the seats allows me to put an moped into my car.  Crazy big interior space with seats folded down.

Great review.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

1. It gets pretty dirty

I will keep an eye out for the wipers and tires.  good to hear about the moped space. 

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Isn't an Altima front wheel drive?  It should be decent in the snow.  sd not a good driver?

I drove an altima through 2 of what the natives called "the worst" winters in recent memory, times stuck = 0, sd = not a good driver
I'm purple down

Offline Lynchmobrules

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

1. It gets pretty dirty

I also have a grand cherokee and know nothing about cars, but wouldn't the flat tires be due to buying shitty tires?  Also  :love: the sunroof.
"Wednesday if they don't come in and compete, I am going to destroy them." - Frank Martin

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Maybe the tires are actually really good tires but he keeps coming across really good nails?

Offline BW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Fun fact: The leather in SD's (and every new Grand Cherokee) came frome a Dodge City processed steer.