Author Topic: phog.net realignment gems  (Read 135373 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: phog.net realignment gems
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2011, 09:46:35 AM »

Probably not.. But I say KS, is still better off with one BCS school as opposed to two. We don't have the population that Missouri has, and Mizzou gets the privilege of being the only BCS school in their state. I think longterm wise, the money invested into 1 BCS school will benefit the state greater than trying to feed two mouths in a state this tiny when neither will ever be anything more than bad at football with a few good stretches sprinkled in here-and-there.

The state is better off pouring all state funding, fan support, and recruiting into one school see Nebraska versus two see KU and KSU. You have a better chance of producing a big time football program that way that can bring in revenue in the millions like the true powerhouse football schools. KU and KSU will never be that, they cancel each other out and play in small stadiums. Its like trying to make chicken noodle soup without the chicken. When and if the day ever comes when 3 million people relocate to the state, KS will never have the population to support a dublicate BCS institution, not with a declining population growth outside of JOCO.

So do these guys think the state funds the football teams?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2011, 09:46:49 AM »
gallows humor?  but for who?  us or them?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2011, 09:58:54 AM »
true story,

fescoe's wife spent a LOT of time over at a HS kid(that she taught and coached) house one summer when she still taught at my HS.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2011, 10:05:27 AM »
I'm kind of rooting for the Pac now with KU just for the all-time BBSing oppys.

Also, Colorado will become so nasty to us, it won't even be funny.  Good oppys there too.  But they kind of suck at BBSing, so it may not amount to much other than some good ol' fashioned hippie butthurt.

Yeah, I'm kind of rooting for the Big 10 or SEC for K-State.  We both seem to have about equal odds of our contenders coming through for us. 

Any scenario involving KU and KSU to the Pac together isn't much crazier than any scenario where KU going to the Pac alone. Serious.

i honestly think solo ku to the pac makes less sense then ku and ksu. dead serious. i really do think the bor is serious in keeping the schools together and both schools know that and maybe wouldn't even bother trying to work towards something that didn't satisfy that end.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2011, 10:25:22 AM »
true story,

fescoe's wife spent a LOT of time over at a HS kid(that she taught and coached) house one summer when she still taught at my HS.

Can confirm. Southside!

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2011, 10:31:46 AM »

Probably not.. But I say KS, is still better off with one BCS school as opposed to two. We don't have the population that Missouri has, and Mizzou gets the privilege of being the only BCS school in their state. I think longterm wise, the money invested into 1 BCS school will benefit the state greater than trying to feed two mouths in a state this tiny when neither will ever be anything more than bad at football with a few good stretches sprinkled in here-and-there.

The state is better off pouring all state funding, fan support, and recruiting into one school see Nebraska versus two see KU and KSU. You have a better chance of producing a big time football program that way that can bring in revenue in the millions like the true powerhouse football schools. KU and KSU will never be that, they cancel each other out and play in small stadiums. Its like trying to make chicken noodle soup without the chicken. When and if the day ever comes when 3 million people relocate to the state, KS will never have the population to support a dublicate BCS institution, not with a declining population growth outside of JOCO.

So do these guys think the state funds the football teams?

They probably think the state would fund their football team if it wasn't for that pesky KSU. They probably think the state funds the basketball team.

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2011, 10:39:14 AM »
true story,

More details, plz.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2011, 10:44:28 AM »
Here is where it gets complicated.  If KU gets a Pac 12 or Big 10 offer, can KS still go to the Big East?  Probably not.  So will the idiots in Topeka conclude 2 Big Easts are better than one Pac 12?

:facepalm:

These people are very low IQ

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2011, 11:05:20 AM »
some gems from facebook:

"What is Kansas to do? Reports says we could get an invite from Pac 12 or Big East if the Big 12 explodes. Really just depends on how selfish Texas is. Just want to end up in the same conference as Missouri. Really enjoy beating the crap out of them every year."

"The Big East should be Kansas fall back position. The Board of Regents better not get in the way if we get an offer from PAC12 or Big 10"

:lol:
Dax fan club member!

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2011, 11:07:41 AM »
KU's chances of getting in the Big 10 vs. my chance of dating Halle Berry. 

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2011, 11:08:53 AM »
some gems from facebook:

"What is Kansas to do? Reports says we could get an invite from Pac 12 or Big East if the Big 12 explodes. Really just depends on how selfish Texas is. Just want to end up in the same conference as Missouri. Really enjoy beating the crap out of them every year."

"The Big East should be Kansas fall back position. The Board of Regents better not get in the way if we get an offer from PAC12 or Big 10"

:lol:
The fact they even think the Big 10 is even a remote possibility is hilarious.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2011, 11:10:46 AM »
true story,

More details, plz.

I was a sophomore. She taught sophomore year Health. She was always flirting with the soccer players in my class. One of said soccer players told us she partied with his older brother and his friends (also soccer players). She coached the swim team. Allegedly it was the really good dude on the swim team that she was banging. She did not return to teach the following year. A couple years later she's married to Fescoe. Not sure why anyone would want to bang her, she was short, chunky and had Trichotillomania

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2011, 11:11:41 AM »
I think if the proverbial sh*t hits the fan which is OU leaving, KU and MU get grabbed by the Big 10.  It makes sense geographically and both institutions are AAU members.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2011, 11:15:21 AM »
I think if the proverbial sh*t hits the fan which is OU leaving, KU and MU get grabbed by the Big 10.  It makes sense geographically and both institutions are AAU members.

Like Nebraska?

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2011, 11:21:50 AM »
KU's chances of getting in the Big 10 vs. my chance of dating Halle Berry. 

I would bet the moneyline on your date,  :facepalm: dumbass squawks

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2011, 11:22:03 AM »
I'm kind of rooting for the Pac now with KU just for the all-time BBSing oppys.

Also, Colorado will become so nasty to us, it won't even be funny.  Good oppys there too.  But they kind of suck at BBSing, so it may not amount to much other than some good ol' fashioned hippie butthurt.

Yeah, I'm kind of rooting for the Big 10 or SEC for K-State.  We both seem to have about equal odds of our contenders coming through for us. 

Any scenario involving KU and KSU to the Pac together isn't much crazier than any scenario where KU going to the Pac alone. Serious.

i honestly think solo ku to the pac makes less sense then ku and ksu. dead serious. i really do think the bor is serious in keeping the schools together and both schools know that and maybe wouldn't even bother trying to work towards something that didn't satisfy that end.

BGL doesn't have the knowledge or concern to really care all that much.  Schulz does.  And he has Currie and KU has Zulu.

KU may have the better hand to play, but we have a better poker player at the table.  Odds are that we'll walk away with the same stuff they do.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2011, 11:24:36 AM »

The Big Ten is the one conference in this nation that trumps all due to the viability of their network and the prestige of the CIC.

They have a pecking order, and it starts with ND and ends somewhere around Mizzou.  KU is probably three or four schools removed from Mizzou.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2011, 11:26:46 AM »
Not from phog, but from the KU/KSU to the pac article comments:

KU has more money than Oregon, Oregon State, and ASU combined.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegesports/2011/09/07/pac-12-expansion-the-case-for-the-oklahoma-schools/

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2011, 11:32:40 AM »
damn, got to love these squaks thinking that their from MO! nice......

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2011, 11:54:17 AM »
I suspect Scott's done his homework. He knows who's got the money and the young demographic advertisers want.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2011, 01:02:59 PM »
"Stuff out there now that KU KSU ISU to maybe join Baylor in the lawsuit. I sure hope not because KU has options unlike BU KSU & ISU".

HAS OPTIONS!

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2011, 01:13:13 PM »
The Big Ten is the one conference in this nation that trumps all due to the viability of their network and the prestige of the CIC.

They have a pecking order, and it starts with ND and ends somewhere around Mizzou.  KU is probably three or four schools removed from Mizzou.

Um. Okay dude. Thanks for the update.

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2011, 01:44:47 PM »
true story,

More details, plz.

I was a sophomore. She taught sophomore year Health. She was always flirting with the soccer players in my class. One of said soccer players told us she partied with his older brother and his friends (also soccer players). She coached the swim team. Allegedly it was the really good dude on the swim team that she was banging. She did not return to teach the following year. A couple years later she's married to Fescoe. Not sure why anyone would want to bang her, she was short, chunky and had Trichotillomania

lol, thanks

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2011, 01:58:01 PM »
This thread should be bronzed.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2011, 02:09:22 PM »
http://boards.kusports.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=2073669&page=0&fpart=all&vc=1

The best option is staying in a BCS conference with Missourah. Hopefully, ksu doesn't get in the way of that.

KU could compete in the ACC in football.

Frankly, without KU, ksu wouldn't be even a thought to any BCS conference.

If the Big 12 implodes, the best case scenerio would be KU & MU joining OU & OSU in the Pac(16). Kansas State has no room in that conference. Let the Big East try to survive by bringing on ksu, bu and isu. Please, please, please don't couple us with ksu. MU is much more important than the staties

The idea that KSU has 99% the same chances as KU is just delusional. The Big East is the only possible option for KSU. Period. End of story and it's largely predicated on the Big East getting KU and MU as well.

You wish. KSU absolutely does not have 99% of the options KU does.