Author Topic: phog.net realignment gems  (Read 135369 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
phog.net realignment gems
« on: September 08, 2011, 08:14:20 AM »
I'm too lazy to wade through all the gabrage, someone needs to do a Phog.net realignment gems thread at some point.

Here's a few:

from the thread "Pat Forde is a Hack":

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6941542/baylor-bears-biggest-obstacles-texas-aggies-join-sec.

According to him, KU is certainly the brother of the poor, but Missouri is neither mentioned with the heavyweights, nor with the bottom feeders. Jackass. I mean, it's not altogether untrue, but at this point, no one other than OU, UT, and aTm really can say they have a seat at another table, but he sure finds a way to make sure KU isn't sitting pretty without bothering to mention where MU is.

I'm too lazy to wade through all the gabrage, someone needs to do a Phog.net realignment gems thread at some point.

Here's a few:

from the thread "Pat Forde is a Hack":

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6941542/baylor-bears-biggest-obstacles-texas-aggies-join-sec.

According to him, KU is certainly the brother of the poor, but Missouri is neither mentioned with the heavyweights, nor with the bottom feeders. Jackass. I mean, it's not altogether untrue, but at this point, no one other than OU, UT, and aTm really can say they have a seat at another table, but he sure finds a way to make sure KU isn't sitting pretty without bothering to mention where MU is.

From the thread "Regents prefer Kansas, K-State remain together":

For the record, the state of Kansas has the most asinine system to run its universities on the planet.  I have dealt with those morons.  Over half of the regents hope for KU to fail.  A former Regents Chairman told me repeatedly how much he disliked KU and loved KSU because that bufoon former President of KSU would send him flowers every year at the beginning of the school year.  GIve me a break.  He was an ESU hornet and literally hoped KU would fail. What KU has in common with the state's community colleges and Fort Hays State is beyond me.  On a more positive note,  I have been surprised, and pleased, to see BGL actually show some stones and stand up for KU.  KSU is a cesspool and the farther KU moves from it the better. 

There are lots more, add if needed.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: phog.net realignment gems
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 08:19:03 AM »
Taken from-  Little Brother fan thinks the BE wants them more than KU

Hilarious stuff over there. Let the delusions continue! I so hope we seperate from them.

our athletic dept revenue dwarfs ksucks. Not sure but I think even our football revenue is at least as good if not better. I can guarantee that any conference if they had to choose only one would choose ku, not even a discussion.

I cannot wait until KSU is playing in Conference USA, Mtn West, or the Missouri Valley Conference.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 08:19:16 AM »

there are just too many. it would be a full time job for one person to sit at a computer and cut and paste all day. goEMAW would have to get an intern or something and we are on a hiring freeze currently due to the current big12 conference issues.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 08:25:19 AM »

there are just too many. it would be a full time job for one person to sit at a computer and cut and paste all day. goEMAW would have to get an intern or something and we are on a hiring freeze currently due to the current big12 conference issues.

yeah, kansascitysportsfan could have his own intern. A sample of his work from "Article:KU and KSU have BE offer if ACC does not come":

Why on earth would the Big East or any other conference take both KU and KSU?? If you want the KC market and the rest of Kansas, all you need is KU. KU and MU would be a much more attractive pairing. Any scenario that has us tied with ksu will not get us into a good conference. The BE needs to be the last resort for KU.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 08:28:10 AM »
Better FB: Okie State, or KU?

On one of the threads, can't recall which, somebody opined that OSU has a far better football program than KU.   Is that really true?   Where do reputations begin and facts end?     Here are some facts on this question:

1)  All-Time Head-to-Head:      29-29-3.    Avg margin:  1.83 points.     Since 1990 it is 7-6 Kansas.
2)  All-Time winning %:    KU 572-561-58  (50.5%) vs. OSU:    521-522-48 (49.9%).
3)  Bowl history:   KU  6-6   vs. OSU 13-8.
4)  Major Bowls:   KU 3 (OB 1948, OB 1969, OB 2008)   OSU 1  (Sugar, 1946)
5) Recent History (wins since 1990 ):    KU   116,    OSU 119.

So if anyone can......please tell me how these two programs differ?   You'd be hard pressed to find any two programs more similar than KU and OSU.

Track around field:

KU       1
OSU    0
:lol: ^chemhawk

Are they better as of today, Sept 4 2011?   Yeah.    Good thing we didn't ask that question in November 2007 after we beat them handily there to move to 10-0 and they to 5-5.    And that's kinda the point:  picking the proper data point at which to ask that question, only begs the actual question in the first place.

If you're going to go by current FB results, I know of a certain "football powerhouse" with their own exclusive contract on NBC....who just got punked at home by South Florida.

Over the past 20 years, we are nearly identical in every way. Over the past 100 years, we are nearly identical in every way. If you want to pick the specific time frame of 1971-2011 then that's your business. But I think you look really stupid doing so.

You sound like a KSU football fan, picking and choosing what years to accept sports results from.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 08:28:32 AM »
And then you have the "reasonable" ku fans, such as jhwklvr, who seem reasonable in that cesspool, but are pretty crazy when looked at alone:

The reality for KSU is that it doesn't matter who likes who in Western KS. In the population centers, which is what is important for the TV deals, KU owns the state. Now, I think KSU lands in the Big East almost no matter what; however KU IMO has the Big East as somewhat of a fall back after the Pac (more likely than a lot think) and Big 10 (less likely). Maybe even the ACC, although I find that pretty unlikely too.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 08:48:47 AM »
From kusports.com, but still pretty good.  I didn't realize that ku was the sole school of the conference putting UT in its place.  At least he didn't list K-State among the carcasses left by Texas:

"The more I ponder this whole thing, I'm starting to see where it is possible that OU may be, in a way, standing up for the old Big8. First, they see Texas demanding that the Big12 headquarters be moved to Dallas. Then they see Texas demand that the basketball tourney that had been in the same place forever be moved. Then they see one of their long time friends but rivals get so tweaked that they leave the conference that had been around for a very long time. But the biggest thing to think about is the fact that Texas was not on the map in football or basketball when they joined the Big8 to form the Big12. Don't get me wrong, Texas had had some good football historical success. But when they joined the Big8, they were a non-entity. So, what do these egomaniacs do? They latch on to the best basketball school and the best football school and sort of ride on the coat tails of these two schools while they figure out what recruiting methods etc. they can scam. They were able to power their way to the top of the Big12 leaving dead MU/OU/OSU/NU carcasses all over the place. But you could tell they never were happy that they couldn't power their way over KU in basketball (and they HATED Roy with a passion because he, as Bill also does, pounded them), so they started all of a sudden getting top NBA type recruits out of nowhere. "

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 08:51:57 AM »
From kusports.com, but still pretty good.  I didn't realize that ku was the sole school of the conference putting UT in its place.  At least he didn't list K-State among the carcasses left by Texas:

"The more I ponder this whole thing, I'm starting to see where it is possible that OU may be, in a way, standing up for the old Big8. First, they see Texas demanding that the Big12 headquarters be moved to Dallas. Then they see Texas demand that the basketball tourney that had been in the same place forever be moved. Then they see one of their long time friends but rivals get so tweaked that they leave the conference that had been around for a very long time. But the biggest thing to think about is the fact that Texas was not on the map in football or basketball when they joined the Big8 to form the Big12. Don't get me wrong, Texas had had some good football historical success. But when they joined the Big8, they were a non-entity. So, what do these egomaniacs do? They latch on to the best basketball school and the best football school and sort of ride on the coat tails of these two schools while they figure out what recruiting methods etc. they can scam. They were able to power their way to the top of the Big12 leaving dead MU/OU/OSU/NU carcasses all over the place. But you could tell they never were happy that they couldn't power their way over KU in basketball (and they HATED Roy with a passion because he, as Bill also does, pounded them), so they started all of a sudden getting top NBA type recruits out of nowhere. "

OMG, that's a good one.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 08:55:36 AM »
Fescoe has been hilarious to follow during this ordeal as well.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 08:59:56 AM »
will add some when i have a break today.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 09:00:27 AM »
Fescoe has been hilarious to follow during this ordeal as well.

yes!

Quote from: Fescoe
I cant imagine KU is involved in lawsuit w baylor. Everyone i talk to at KU seemed happy TAMU was going so everyone else could move on.

I can see KSU, ISU being involved as their options are less

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 09:01:36 AM »
 :popcorn:

more please.  tia

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 09:15:44 AM »
If it's a race to get to (4) 16 team conferences, then I don't see how the Big 10 doesn't take both KU & MU, then Syracuse & maybe Iowa State (for Iowa?). Buh-bye, K-State.

The BOR can ask KU to use their leverage, but that doesn't mean KU has enough leverage to find a spot for KSU.  Let's be honest here, I think we all know KU doesn't have the leverage of a Texas or Oklahoma.  KSU has one thing going for them and that is that the KU leadership seem to be very pro-BOR (based on Zenger's quotes and BGL's history with the BOR).  So they may take a Big East invite over a Pac invite simply to appease the BOR.  Sucks for KU fans having two inexperienced leaders in position for a situation like this.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 09:19:55 AM »
One word:  politics

If this gets political, KU is in trouble.  Everyone with a brain knows that KU is the overall more attractive player in this game over KSU.  The problem for KU is politics.  The legislature and BOR want to play this like a sports game and win for ksu not what is best for the state or each school.

BGL played it well and has effectively (I think) laid down the KU rule - we will do what is best for KU.  Hope she sticks to her guns.

Probably not.. But I say KS, is still better off with one BCS school as opposed to two. We don't have the population that Missouri has, and Mizzou gets the privilege of being the only BCS school in their state. I think longterm wise, the money invested into 1 BCS school will benefit the state greater than trying to feed two mouths in a state this tiny when neither will ever be anything more than bad at football with a few good stretches sprinkled in here-and-there.

The state is better off pouring all state funding, fan support, and recruiting into one school see Nebraska versus two see KU and KSU. You have a better chance of producing a big time football program that way that can bring in revenue in the millions like the true powerhouse football schools. KU and KSU will never be that, they cancel each other out and play in small stadiums. Its like trying to make chicken noodle soup without the chicken. When and if the day ever comes when 3 million people relocate to the state, KS will never have the population to support a dublicate BCS institution, not with a declining population growth outside of JOCO.
- chunkles

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 09:23:46 AM »
Still gotta believe Philip Anschutz is a big player on KU to Pac 12.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 09:24:23 AM »
Here is where it gets complicated.  If KU gets a Pac 12 or Big 10 offer, can KS still go to the Big East?  Probably not.  So will the idiots in Topeka conclude 2 Big Easts are better than one Pac 12?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 09:25:34 AM »
It would suck seperating from MU into different conferences and not playing each other every year. I so hope Texas stalls out on the Pac 12 and it Snags KU and MU in the process. The best case scenario is KU/MU to the Big Ten but I don't know if thats ever going to happen.

I will be bummed if KU ends up in the BE with ksu.. This would've been potentially our best chance to get rid of the KSU albatross once and for all and become the only AQ school in our small state. Now, it looks like we may be stuck with those annoying bastards even longer. Looks like the BE will take ksu to get KU, no other conference will.
- chunkles

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 09:25:44 AM »
I'm kind of rooting for the Pac now with KU just for the all-time BBSing oppys.

Also, Colorado will become so nasty to us, it won't even be funny.  Good oppys there too.  But they kind of suck at BBSing, so it may not amount to much other than some good ol' fashioned hippie butthurt.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2011, 09:26:41 AM »

Also, Colorado will become so nasty to us, it won't even be funny.  Good oppys there too.  But they kind of suck at BBSing, so it may not amount to much other than some good ol' fashioned hippie butthurt.

Yeah, I'm kind of rooting for the Big 10 or SEC for K-State.  We both seem to have about equal odds of our contenders coming through for us. 

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2011, 09:27:17 AM »
First, clearly 2010 was a down year for KU football and it showed at the gate.  KU averaged only 44,851 last year in what was a pretty disappointing season.  And after just over 41,000 on Saturday it will be difficult in 2011 to match those 2009 numbers.

However, in 2009 KU averaged over 50,000 fans (50,581 to be exact) and that was a trend from 2005 to 2009.  With a mediocre football team, KU will average what, according to the NCAA, is over 100% of capacity at Memorial Stadium.  (In 2008, KU averaged 50,907.)

As for those 2009 rankings, KU would have placed 10th out of 13 teams in the big 10, very close to #9 Minnesota at 50,805/game.

KU would place 7th in the Pac-12, behind #6 Arizona at 52,555/game.

And KU would place 4th in the Big East, behind West Virginia,  Pittsburgh, and South Florida.

But, again, the big point here is that these two seasons were not anomalies.  They were an upward trend that began in 2005 with KU breaking attendance records every season.  For mediocre football teams.
- chunkles

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2011, 09:31:14 AM »
those are incredible attendance numbers

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2011, 09:31:47 AM »
The KSU Albatros? I could get use to that. Good bye Willie.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2011, 09:34:55 AM »

Yeah, I'm kind of rooting for the Big 10 or SEC for K-State.  We both seem to have about equal odds of our contenders coming through for us. 

i'm holding out for the afc west, nl central and nba northwest. denver nuggets and okc in same bball conf would make for great bbsing.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 09:41:38 AM »
First, clearly 2010 was a down year for KU football and it showed at the gate.  KU averaged only 44,851 last year in what was a pretty disappointing season.  And after just over 41,000 on Saturday it will be difficult in 2011 to match those 2009 numbers.

However, in 2009 KU averaged over 50,000 fans (50,581 to be exact) and that was a trend from 2005 to 2009.  With a mediocre football team, KU will average what, according to the NCAA, is over 100% of capacity at Memorial Stadium.  (In 2008, KU averaged 50,907.)

As for those 2009 rankings, KU would have placed 10th out of 13 teams in the big 10, very close to #9 Minnesota at 50,805/game.

KU would place 7th in the Pac-12, behind #6 Arizona at 52,555/game.

And KU would place 4th in the Big East, behind West Virginia,  Pittsburgh, and South Florida.

But, again, the big point here is that these two seasons were not anomalies.  They were an upward trend that began in 2005 with KU breaking attendance records every season.  For mediocre football teams.

I'd like to see KU's attendance if they played in the Big East without Nebraska, K-State, Oklahoma, and Texas fans to fill that place up.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2011, 09:43:05 AM »

Also, Colorado will become so nasty to us, it won't even be funny.  Good oppys there too.  But they kind of suck at BBSing, so it may not amount to much other than some good ol' fashioned hippie butthurt.

Any scenario involving KU and KSU to the Pac together isn't much crazier than any scenario where KU going to the Pac alone. Serious.