Author Topic: phog.net realignment gems  (Read 136570 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: phog.net realignment gems
« Reply #850 on: September 17, 2021, 08:50:18 PM »
Oh man, all this uppity KU fan talk reminds me of a great story that happened the first time the Katz played Stanford a couple of years ago and possibly the best one liner of all time.

My friend had started dating a girl who went to KU and brought her to a watch party where she met all of the friends for the first time.

Eventually the conversation went like this (We thought she was joking at first but she wouldnt back down)

Friend1 "So now that you are dating (our friend) are you going to start cheering for kstate too"?
Girl "Never, I can't stand K-state, their trashy"
Friend1 "Excuse me, everyone here is trashy?"
Girl "Kind of yeah, just trashy, KU is a much better school and the fans are classier"
Friend1 "So you think KU grads are better than Kstate grads?"
Girl "Yes, absolutely"
Friend1 "Are you kidding me? YOU GREW UP IN A SPLIT LEVEL HOUSE, YOUR NOT BETTER THAN US"
The girl immediately started blushing and stopped the conversation.

Later I asked friend1 how he knew she grew up in a split level house since we had just met her that night and he said "I didn't but I knew she grew up close to your parents and they have a split level house so I took a guess"

Well, we're certainly better at navigating the treacherous waters of homophones. I also take umbrage with the gauche premise that the kind of house one grew up in defines one's value as a person. Lastly, Friend1 sounds trashy.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 17, 2021, 09:58:11 PM »
Oh man, all this uppity KU fan talk reminds me of a great story that happened the first time the Katz played Stanford a couple of years ago and possibly the best one liner of all time.

My friend had started dating a girl who went to KU and brought her to a watch party where she met all of the friends for the first time.

Eventually the conversation went like this (We thought she was joking at first but she wouldnt back down)

Friend1 "So now that you are dating (our friend) are you going to start cheering for kstate too"?
Girl "Never, I can't stand K-state, their trashy"
Friend1 "Excuse me, everyone here is trashy?"
Girl "Kind of yeah, just trashy, KU is a much better school and the fans are classier"
Friend1 "So you think KU grads are better than Kstate grads?"
Girl "Yes, absolutely"
Friend1 "Are you kidding me? YOU GREW UP IN A SPLIT LEVEL HOUSE, YOUR NOT BETTER THAN US"
The girl immediately started blushing and stopped the conversation.

Later I asked friend1 how he knew she grew up in a split level house since we had just met her that night and he said "I didn't but I knew she grew up close to your parents and they have a split level house so I took a guess"

Well, we're certainly better at navigating the treacherous waters of homophones. I also take umbrage with the gauche premise that the kind of house one grew up in defines one's value as a person. Lastly, Friend1 sounds trashy.

The moral of the story is she ended up judging herself the same way she judged K-State grads, thus realizing her own shortcomings.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: September 17, 2021, 10:10:16 PM »
TIL that split-level homes are considered trashy or lesser than other homes. I've never lived in one but I feel like I've been in some nice ones. Upon Googling it appears they are cheaper to build due to a lack of excavation and need for retaining walls so maybe that's where the perception comes from?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: September 17, 2021, 10:25:50 PM »
TIL that split-level homes are considered trashy or lesser than other homes. I've never lived in one but I feel like I've been in some nice ones. Upon Googling it appears they are cheaper to build due to a lack of excavation and need for retaining walls so maybe that's where the perception comes from?

There are a crap-load of them in Olathe. JOCOs look down their noses at Olathites, or at least they used to.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: September 18, 2021, 01:25:08 PM »

There are a crap-load of them in Olathe. JOCOs look down their noses at Olathites, or at least they used to.

Yep! This is what it's about. I had one JoCo tell me Olathe is the RC Cola of all the KC suburbs.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: September 18, 2021, 06:29:34 PM »

Yep! This is what it's about. I had one JoCo tell me Olathe is the RC Cola of all the KC suburbs.
Funny comparo no doubt but JoCo can GTFOOMF w/ the snobbery

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: September 21, 2021, 02:06:51 PM »
I work with people who absolutely think that KU is "harder to get into" than kstate

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: September 21, 2021, 02:26:52 PM »
I work with people who absolutely think that KU is "harder to get into" than kstate

Seems like this should be pretty easy to figure out arithmetically.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
phog.net realignment gems
« Reply #858 on: September 21, 2021, 02:38:26 PM »
I don’t get that talking point, but regardless I think MIR hinted at it elsewhere that the comical part is KU folks being convinced that, outside of the Lawrence/KC Megaplex, there is any perceived difference between a KU and KSU degree. With of course the exception of specific programs within the schools that have their own prestige.

It’s just funny to think a recruiter in Florida, Texas, California, DC, New York, etc. would look at a resumes of candidates who got BS degrees in business from KU vs. KSU as being any different at all.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: September 21, 2021, 02:48:36 PM »
In 2020, acceptance rate for K-State was 95.4% whereas KU was 93.1%.   :dunno:

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: September 21, 2021, 03:01:14 PM »
You don't have to dive very far under the surface to get the primary reason KU fans obsess with moving to the BIG or elsewhere is to avoid their annual K-State football beat down.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: September 21, 2021, 03:32:46 PM »

I mean.... if the shoe fits  :dunno:

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #862 on: September 21, 2021, 03:35:41 PM »
Most people don't know the difference outside if B12 country.

I went to KState.

Oh a Jayhawker

Uh. No. Wildcats.

Or they see a logo shirt....

Oh. Cool. Northwestern is a good school.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 21, 2021, 03:51:48 PM »

The admissions requirements appear to be exactly the same...

https://www.k-state.edu/admissions/undergrad/manhattan/apply/incoming-freshmen/requirements.html

https://admissions.ku.edu/apply

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: September 21, 2021, 04:42:27 PM »
Most people don't know the difference outside if B12 country.

I went to KState.

Oh a Jayhawker

Uh. No. Wildcats.

Or they see a logo shirt....

Oh. Cool. Northwestern is a good school.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

I have a couple Wildcats shirts that don't say K-State they just have old school Willy and Wildcats so I'm more forgiving.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: September 21, 2021, 04:43:24 PM »

The admissions requirements appear to be exactly the same...

https://www.k-state.edu/admissions/undergrad/manhattan/apply/incoming-freshmen/requirements.html

https://admissions.ku.edu/apply
This is and indication we get higher quality applicants as well.   :gocho:
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: September 21, 2021, 06:43:56 PM »
It was a few days ago, so I technically could find some quotes, but there were some discussion as to whether Duke would be desirable to other conferences. I think the general consensus was no, at least by some. Thought that was interesting.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 21, 2021, 07:59:37 PM »
It was a few days ago, so I technically could find some quotes, but there were some discussion as to whether Duke would be desirable to other conferences. I think the general consensus was no, at least by some. Thought that was interesting.

I think I read the same post. Something along the lines of UVA and, especially UNC, wouldn’t leave Duke behind. Though they believed that may all change 5-10 years post K if their Bball brand diminishes. Talked about how it was a similar situation to us, but the difference was KU has long wanted to rid themselves of the purple albatross around their neck. It was quite ironic IMO.

Another gem was found in their cfb week 3 other games thread. Poster was bitching about us whipping ass, how the taters better not have found another Snyder, and how the only way to surpass us in football would likely be a B10/SEC invite that would give them more money.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: September 21, 2021, 08:24:58 PM »
We could solve all our funding problems if we started charging rent for all the real estate we own in your dome pieces, lmao.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: September 21, 2021, 09:12:01 PM »
We could solve all our funding problems if we started charging rent for all the real estate we own in your dome pieces, lmao.
Tell us how many ku threads are on the first page!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: September 21, 2021, 09:18:56 PM »
I charge rent for my brain space, so.....
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: September 21, 2021, 09:22:45 PM »

Do you have a written lease I can examine to back up your claim?

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: September 21, 2021, 10:15:17 PM »

Rents due [redacted]

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: September 21, 2021, 10:25:38 PM »

Rents due [redacted]

No written proof, then? I'm sorry, but the 38-year lease you've given KU in your dome piece is not enforceable unless in writing. Sorry, but that's the statute of frauds for you. That means KU is now a tenant at will, and on behalf of KU please accept our notice of intent to vacate. We owe you one month's rent. PM me your address and I'll send payment for FMV of the real estate for 1 month.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: September 22, 2021, 06:36:34 AM »

Rents due [redacted]

No written proof, then? I'm sorry, but the 38-year lease you've given KU in your dome piece is not enforceable unless in writing. Sorry, but that's the statute of frauds for you. That means KU is now a tenant at will, and on behalf of KU please accept our notice of intent to vacate. We owe you one month's rent. PM me your address and I'll send payment for FMV of the real estate for 1 month.

Funny post, but you've been on the phog. We're not the ones with the complex.