Author Topic: Jobs  (Read 10614 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Jobs
« on: September 06, 2011, 06:33:54 PM »
I heard we didn't add any last month.   :thumbs:

I heard the shitty jobs numbers from the last two months were revised down 57,000.   :thumbs:

I blame the half of the half of the legislative process the GOP controls.  Clearly more government spending, a 2% tax on "rich people", and some govt. mandated green innovation would cure all this.   Perhaps the govt. should mandate cash bloated, uber-profitable corporations fire people overseas and hire them here.

This would solve all of the problems the GOP created when the dems controlled all of the half of the legislative process.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Jobs
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 06:55:14 PM »
This isn't good is it?

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=^DJI+Interactive#chart4:symbol=^dji;range=3m;indicator=volume;charttype=line;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=on;source=undefined

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 12:29:24 PM »

I heard the shitty jobs numbers from the last two months were revised down 57,000.   :thumbs:

I blame the half of the half of the legislative process the GOP controls.  Clearly more government spending, a 2% tax on "rich people", and some govt. mandated green innovation would cure all this.   Perhaps the govt. should mandate cash bloated, uber-profitable corporations fire people overseas and hire them here.

This would solve all of the problems the GOP created when the dems controlled all of the half of the legislative process.

at least yur admitting that the mega-corps are sitting on record profits while foreclosures are at an all-time high.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 12:57:04 PM »
I need a job  :curse:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 01:12:06 PM »
I need a job  :curse:

They aren't very hard to find unless you want to work in a factory or something.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 03:52:39 PM »

at least yur admitting that the mega-corps are sitting on record profits while foreclosures are at an all-time high.

What does one have to do with the other?

Mega-corp is watching out for their investors money during a recession and waiting for common sense to take over the government.

Meanwhile, Barney Frank Mortgage Mega-Corp, Inc gave loans to people that couldn't afford them. Don't see the correlation. School me.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 07:27:15 PM »

This should be the hottest topic, given the big speech the Pres has prepared!!!!   

:comeatme:   :blah: jobs saved     :blah: middle class         :blah:  fair share          :blah:   challenges I inherited      :blah: racism

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 09:41:05 PM »
Never mind.  Labor Dept. has this new awesome way to figure out the strength of the job market.  Job postings!

WASHINGTON (AP) — Companies in July advertised the most jobs in three years, and layoffs declined — a bit of hope for a weak economy. Still, many employers are in no rush to fill openings.

The Labor Department said Wednesday that employers increased their postings to 3.23 million from 3.17 million in June. That is the largest number of openings since August 2008. Typically, it takes anywhere from one to three months to fill an opening.

More openings don't guarantee more jobs. The government said last week that employers failed to add any net jobs in August, the worst month for hiring since September 2010. The unemployment rate stayed for the second straight month at 9.1 percent.

The worsening jobs outlook has put pressure on President Barack Obama. He is expected on Thursday to introduce a $300 billion jobs package before a joint session of Congress. The plan will likely include extensions of the payroll tax cut and long-term unemployment benefits, tax incentives for businesses that hire and money for public works projects.

There's heavy competition for each job. Nearly 14 million people were out of work in July. So roughly 4.3 unemployed workers were competing for each opening. That's a slight improvement from June, when the ratio was 4.45. In a healthy economy, the ratio is closed to 2 to 1.

Total openings are about 1.1 million higher than they were in July 2009, one month after the recession officially ended. But they are still far below the 4.4 million openings that existed in December 2007, when the recession began.

The biggest gains in openings were reported in manufacturing, trade, transportation and utilities.

The report, known as the Job Openings and Labor Turnover survey, or JOLTs, illustrates the high degree of churn that takes place in the job market each month. Total hiring in July slowed, to 3.98 million from 4.06 million.

Total layoffs and quits also dropped to 3.92 million from 3.99 million. The difference between total hires and total quits and layoffs is similar to the net jobs gain of 85,000 reported for July.

The economy isn't growing enough to spur much hiring. It expanded at an annual pace of only 0.7 percent in the first six months of this year, the slowest growth since the recession ended. Growth may improve to a 2 percent rate in the second half, economists forecast, but that's still too weak to encourage much hiring.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 08:48:15 PM »

Did anyone watch the pee tingling speech.  I know I didn't  :emawkid:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 10:22:49 PM »

So in reading about the Obama "big speech" for his "jobs bill" to save the economy it appears that:

After 3 years of trying bullshit run of the mill dem policy which predictably failed, he's abandon that plan for one similar to what the repubs wanted back in the days of "stimulus". 

And he's trying to pretend it's his idea.

What a rough ridin' baffoon.  This guy is a political side show.  He's a walking parody on politics.  How can people be so blind to this? 

The republicans should shove it up his ass and say no.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 01:43:45 PM »
So after years of disagreeing with me, now that stupid son of a bitch is trying to do what I've always said needs to be done. What a dumbass! I hope the republicans say no to prove how stupid he is.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 10:41:46 AM »
So after years of disagreeing with me, now that stupid son of a bitch is trying to do what I've always said needs to be done. What a dumbass! I hope the republicans say no to prove how stupid he is.

Agreed.

As politicians, what rough ridin' incentive to the repubs have to go along with this bad person?  They proposed this and he demogogued them.  Three years later, he's pretending to propose this and "dares" them not to go along with "his plan".  MSM plays dumb (or is dumb), he has carte blanche to lie and deceive the unwashed masses some more. 

It's complete political bullshit.  The person to blame for this rough ridin' nonsense is the so-called commander in chief.  If he wasn't such a divisive, manipulative, psychopathic little crap and actually acted like a president this country would be in much better shape.  He's asking a bunch of arrogant repub politicians to fall on the sword for him and diminish their chance at reelection in exchange for what?  So he can take credit for their idea?  He's never done anything but crap on them and blame every one of his fuckups on them.  He's a rough ridin' assclown, and he knows it's not going to get done.  Just another chance to posture for 2012.  An unbelievable narcissistic POS.  This guy has put himself ahead of the country every day of his life, which was fine until he became president.

It's incomprehensible that so many people stand in support of this crap.  Worst president ever.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2011, 07:49:21 PM »
This guy has put himself ahead of the country every day of his life

and the Tea Party refused to budge one inch on the debt ceiling compromise and it cost us our credit rating..

oh wait that's Obama's fualt too.

:jerk:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2011, 10:51:31 AM »
This guy has put himself ahead of the country every day of his life

and the Tea Party refused to budge one inch on the debt ceiling compromise and it cost us our credit rating..

oh wait that's Obama's fualt too.

:jerk:

:facepalm:

If the president would have done what the tea party wanted, we wouldn't have lost our credit rating you stupid ignorant dumb [redacted].  There plan certainly wasn't implemented, so how did they "not budge"?

Do you actually believe everything you type or are you just some ignorant lib caricature? 

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2011, 11:26:24 PM »
So angry.  So full of hate. 

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2011, 08:20:35 PM »

excellent personification of the current POTUS and the liberal base

:thumbs:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 07:06:37 PM »

excellent personification of the current POTUS and the liberal base

:thumbs:

Where were you when we lost almost 2 million jobs in the last few months of the Bush adminstration?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 07:23:13 PM »
Can you feel it?  Can you feel all of those job creators trickling down all of those jobs?  Thank God for the Bush era tax cuts. 

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2011, 07:41:25 PM »
:frown: I'm sorry Ben I am sure you will find work soon. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2011, 07:46:33 PM »
Seriously, can you feel it trickling down?  Can you feel all of those job creators creating all of those jobs?  It's amazing, isn't it?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2011, 08:35:17 PM »
Well, if cutting taxes for companies/rich doesn't create jobs and "injecting" billions of dollars via stimulus doesn't create jobs then what does?  Maybe nothing creates jobs. Or maybe there are the right number of jobs just too many people.  Hmmmm.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2011, 08:37:43 PM »
Well, if cutting taxes for companies/rich doesn't create jobs and "injecting" billions of dollars via stimulus doesn't create jobs then what does?  Maybe nothing creates jobs. Or maybe there are the right number of jobs just too many people.  Hmmmm.

Genocide is the only solution.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2011, 08:42:57 PM »

Ideas are the foundation behind job creation.  Taxes have no correlation with economic growth.  None.  Marginal tax rates were higher during the Clinton adminstration than they are now, and over 23 million jobs were created during that time period. 

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2011, 08:52:52 PM »

Ideas are the foundation behind job creation.  Taxes have no correlation with economic growth.  None.  Marginal tax rates were higher during the Clinton adminstration than they are now, and over 23 million jobs were created during that time period. 

We need someone to invent something huge again, like the internet. It's our only hope  :frown:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2011, 08:54:59 PM »

We need someone to invent something huge again, like the internet. It's our only hope  :frown:

In the 1950's they put people to work on infrastructure projects.  We built highways, bridges, roads, etc, etc.  It's time to upgrade our mass transportation system and put steel foundries, construction companies, contractors, and others back to business.  This isn't hard.