Author Topic: KS Highschool Football Thread  (Read 38944 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KS Highschool Football Thread
« Reply #275 on: November 18, 2022, 10:42:54 PM »
Uh oh is starting mhs qb and son of head coach joe schartz out of the champ game with an injury from tonight?!!!!!  :ohno:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 18, 2022, 10:52:16 PM »
Wait, wut?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 18, 2022, 10:56:39 PM »
Phew. Injured but sounds like he’ll play next week.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 19, 2022, 07:48:23 AM »

What’s the scouting report on this MHS squad? I think they are the best team in the state at all classes and I’m not sure they even have a P5 player on the roster.  Is Schartz the Nick Saban of Kanasas HS football?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 19, 2022, 09:10:51 AM »

What’s the scouting report on this MHS squad? I think they are the best team in the state at all classes and I’m not sure they even have a P5 player on the roster.  Is Schartz the Nick Saban of Kanasas HS football?

Maize is clear, probably Mill Valley too. Manhattan should easily win the 6A state championship tho.

Maize plays Mill Valley in the state championship. Maize is the best offense in the state, Mill Valley might have the best defense in state history. They only give up 5 points a game, for the whole season. They lost to Olathe North 20-6, since that game they've won 5, including 4 playoff games by a combined score of 274-3.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 19, 2022, 09:13:17 AM »
more worried about our RB  :ohno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 24, 2022, 04:41:30 PM »
Surprisingly quiet from the townies in this thread this week. I'm thinking about going to the 6A championship game then the sunflower showdown. I want to see Avery, but Pittsburg is too far away and too dirty.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 24, 2022, 05:22:18 PM »
Surprisingly quiet from the townies in this thread this week. I'm thinking about going to the 6A championship game then the sunflower showdown. I want to see Avery, but Pittsburg is too far away and too dirty.

Pittsburg is 2 hours from me and it might as well be another country. Just can’t do it.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 24, 2022, 05:54:46 PM »
I actually went be to the MHS-Wichita East game a few weeks ago and am all in on this team. Beating WNW two weeks ago was a blast, and the Derby game last week was a thriller. Exorcised a lot of late 90s (and beyond) demons this season. Would’ve been cooler to play a team in the championship game that we have a little more history with, like would be fun to beat Olathe North. But I’ll take it however I can get it.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 24, 2022, 05:55:44 PM »
And yeah, what’s the scoop with Deandre Auckland? He gonna play in the state championship?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: November 24, 2022, 09:02:06 PM »

Maize is clear, probably Mill Valley too. Manhattan should easily win the 6A state championship tho.

Maize plays Mill Valley in the state championship. Maize is the best offense in the state, Mill Valley might have the best defense in state history. They only give up 5 points a game, for the whole season. They lost to Olathe North 20-6, since that game they've won 5, including 4 playoff games by a combined score of 274-3.

Mhs is 6a, undefeated. I’d say that makes them the best in state. Maize does have a good offense but their defense gave up more points in a single game to derby than mhs did in the two wins they had over them.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 25, 2022, 03:01:55 AM »
Paid $12 to stream last week's game against Derby. Riding that subscription out at the tailgate tomorrow before canceling.  :billdance:

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 25, 2022, 06:25:25 AM »

Mhs is 6a, undefeated. I’d say that makes them the best in state. Maize does have a good offense but their defense gave up more points in a single game to derby than mhs did in the two wins they had over them.

It would be fun if the state champions did an additional playoff to crown one true champion.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 25, 2022, 07:50:04 AM »

Maize won at Derby though, Manhattan got them at home, twice. Agree with wetwillie that it would be a great game to watch.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 25, 2022, 10:06:17 AM »

Maize won at Derby though, Manhattan got them at home, twice. Agree with wetwillie that it would be a great game to watch.

The first Manhattan win over derby was at derby but yeah it would be a fun game to watch.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 25, 2022, 10:21:08 AM »
Fresh scoop- mhs qb and rb both injured but both will play. I will not disclose the injuries here just in case there are any Gardner edgerton spies lurking.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 25, 2022, 10:48:20 AM »
Fresh scoop- mhs qb and rb both injured but both will play. I will not disclose the injuries here just in case there are any Gardner edgerton spies lurking.

My son goes to GEHS and I couldn’t even be bothered to go to Emporia tomorrow. Roll Tribe.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 25, 2022, 11:08:12 AM »
A good K-State pal of mine has a kid that is place kicker for Mill Valley.  Apparently very good especially for a jr. and is have a nice year. He has visited K-State but won't have a chance if Gramatica comes.  KU is also following him and has been on the sideline twice for games this year too.  Would hate to see him be a squak. 
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 26, 2022, 02:23:31 PM »
MHS needs to get this rout going already.  :bang:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 26, 2022, 03:16:51 PM »
 :cry: Avery threw a pick to seal the game
Wamego is going to lose
Brooks Barta got shut out
Manhattan better finish or is going to be a bad guy sweep

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 26, 2022, 03:33:33 PM »
Manhattan wins 21-20 by stopping a 2 point conversion in second part of 2OT.

They did not lead until they scored a touchdown in the first part of 2OT after missing a 29 yard FG in the second part of the first OT.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 26, 2022, 03:34:06 PM »
 :surprised: :eek: :surprised: :eek: :surprised: :eek: :surprised: :eek:

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 26, 2022, 03:34:06 PM »
Championships run through Manhattan in everything
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 26, 2022, 03:46:01 PM »
They came up short but Avery has so much class, so good.
https://twitter.com/solvingfootball/status/1596595261001777152

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 26, 2022, 03:51:13 PM »
I can’t stop watching the LG on that play, can’t believe a state caliber team has someone that bad.