« Reply #3226 on: September 14, 2022, 09:31:09 AM »
Here it goes then... :crossfingers: :pray:

Wacky, how did we do?

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: jobs
« Reply #3227 on: September 14, 2022, 10:40:43 AM »
I have a busy work week. They told me to think on it and reconnect with them on Monday after I get back from my work trip. Even if I don't take the main "Director" role, they want to increase my salary and be a mentor for my position as we hire new staffing for our department. Said they can't afford to lose me. Only thing that sucks right now, with all the turnover, is my workload has tripled, which is probably for the best, because it's keeping me out of trouble.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: September 14, 2022, 10:48:20 AM »
I have a busy work week. They told me to think on it and reconnect with them on Monday after I get back from my work trip. Even if I don't take the main "Director" role, they want to increase my salary and be a mentor for my position as we hire new staffing for our department. Said they can't afford to lose me. Only thing that sucks right now, with all the turnover, is my workload has tripled, which is probably for the best, because it's keeping me out of trouble.

Sounds like that job title may be able to help you down the line.  I would probably take it and the big raise but also make sure that you have a good emergency fund in case it goes tits up.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: September 14, 2022, 11:20:04 AM »
 :thumbs:

Offline Youngfei

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: October 14, 2022, 07:14:19 AM »
 I am glad that the modern generation has learned to appreciate their work and professional skills. My peers were willing to work on a song as a student. Many people who have reached the age of 30 or 40 experience impostor syndrome, which does not allow them to reach their potential.  While young professionals are 20 years old, they feel confident and are ready to learn new professions at https://www.becomeopedia.com/. The modern generation will make it possible to develop new work standards and more clearly form the concept of personal boundaries and recreation for the world community.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 07:20:26 AM by Youngfei »

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: October 14, 2022, 07:53:03 AM »
I am glad that the modern generation has learned to appreciate their work and professional skills. My peers were willing to work on a song as a student. Many people who have reached the age of 30 or 40 experience impostor syndrome, which does not allow them to reach their potential.  While young professionals are 20 years old, they feel confident and are ready to learn new professions at https://www.becomeopedia.com/. The modern generation will make it possible to develop new work standards and more clearly form the concept of personal boundaries and recreation for the world community.

eff yeah, dude.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: November 15, 2022, 01:53:51 PM »

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: December 07, 2022, 08:25:16 PM »
I obviously stayed, but now have a global company asking if I can do a start up as the main guy for the US for them now. They found me on LinkedIn and want to grow by 50% in the next year with my recruiting abilities. Do I leverage this with my current company and ask for another raise or take a jump with a crap ton of responsibility to grow their brand in the US for 40K more a year starting out, with opportunity to fail?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: December 07, 2022, 08:40:24 PM »
If it is Carvana then definitely say no.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: December 07, 2022, 08:58:32 PM »
If it is Carvana then definitely say no.
lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: December 07, 2022, 09:01:36 PM »
Wacky, as your (non legal) attorney and personal wealth advisor (not financial advice) and mortician (probably ok here) I feel qualified to say that your career is fast and exciting and it will always be risky. Is the new gig that much riskier than the current one? I don’t know. But is taking a flier on it a risk worth taking? I also don’t know that. What I do know is you. And you’ll do fine in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: December 07, 2022, 09:24:56 PM »
Thanks, friend! I think the most responsible thing to do here, without the unknown, is to ask for an increase, but I’m scared they’ll use it against me in the long run.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: December 07, 2022, 10:08:46 PM »
I have a friend who threatened to leave for a promotion/raise and it definitely backfired after he got it. (He got fired because his boss left and the new boss didn't think he deserved it and to be fair he did a skip level promotion)

But if you're worth it, you're worth it

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3240 on: December 08, 2022, 05:43:54 AM »
Do you get equity in the startup on top of your salary?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: December 08, 2022, 05:53:20 AM »
More thoughts

40k more cash? you should leave if it will be an interesting experience that gives you new skills or responsibilities.

Have you done anything to deserve $40k more at your current company or are you underpaid for the industry in your market? Are you struggling financially? If you like the stability and want to coast, I would recommend explaining why you deserve a raise at review time, but having a recruiter contact you on LinkedIn is not a reason you deserve a raise. If you don't feel like you have a good business case and want to coast, I'd shut up and coast.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: December 08, 2022, 08:02:50 AM »
I’m probably paid at the highest tier I could get at for my line of work right now. My current employer pays me very well and that’s why I haven’t left after all of the transition the past 8 months. I do feel very established and happy where I’m at. However, I should see all these offer details by tomorrow by the “competitor”. They’re might be some equity with it. They’ve just thrown potential numbers at me right now. I should know more by tomorrow.

If I did leverage for a raise, I wouldn’t ask them to match. Maybe just a 10% bump. Only reason why I feel comfortable doing it, is because I see these types of transactions daily in my line of work, to keep top talent around.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: December 08, 2022, 08:08:56 AM »
Also, it was more than a message from LinkedIn. I had 5 zoom calls this week. 1 with the CEO in Spain and another with the COO in Germany. I don’t know why, but global crap gets me excited. Corporate HQ’s would be Barcelona. As a peasant who barely traveled the world before the age of 18, that kind of stuff is exciting for me.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: December 08, 2022, 09:51:36 AM »
with DW69 jr a few years away from kicking ass in youth sports this may be a good time to go worldwide

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: December 08, 2022, 09:59:08 AM »
I’m probably paid at the highest tier I could get at for my line of work right now. My current employer pays me very well and that’s why I haven’t left after all of the transition the past 8 months. I do feel very established and happy where I’m at. However, I should see all these offer details by tomorrow by the “competitor”. They’re might be some equity with it. They’ve just thrown potential numbers at me right now. I should know more by tomorrow.

If I did leverage for a raise, I wouldn’t ask them to match. Maybe just a 10% bump. Only reason why I feel comfortable doing it, is because I see these types of transactions daily in my line of work, to keep top talent around.

So you're wanting your line of work to go above and beyond what they pay anyone because you see candidates in other industries stay for more money? My experience is a 10% raise won't keep people around for long :dunno:

And if you're comfortable financially, you shouldn't give up a great opportunity for 10% more money with your current employer.

Also, it was more than a message from LinkedIn. I had 5 zoom calls this week. 1 with the CEO in Spain and another with the COO in Germany. I don’t know why, but global crap gets me excited. Corporate HQ’s would be Barcelona. As a peasant who barely traveled the world before the age of 18, that kind of stuff is exciting for me.

is your family prepared for you to travel on longer international trips?

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: December 08, 2022, 10:25:54 AM »
Travel is only 10-15% of my job, so yeah, the Mrs seems on board, but she’s not pushing either decision.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: December 08, 2022, 10:33:45 AM »
I obviously stayed, but now have a global company asking if I can do a start up as the main guy for the US for them now. They found me on LinkedIn and want to grow by 50% in the next year with my recruiting abilities. Do I leverage this with my current company and ask for another raise or take a jump with a crap ton of responsibility to grow their brand in the US for 40K more a year starting out, with opportunity to fail?

bet on yourself wacks.  always

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: December 08, 2022, 10:35:14 AM »
wacks traveling abroad is exactly what this blog needs

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: December 08, 2022, 11:32:16 AM »
wacks traveling abroad is exactly what this blog needs

I can't wait for wacky to get to France and drive on the left side of the road.