Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: jobs
« Reply #200 on: June 26, 2015, 01:37:56 PM »
I'm trying to sale ppl $46,000 associate degrees when I can't find a good job with a masters. :lol:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 26, 2015, 01:39:39 PM »
I'm trying to sale ppl $46,000 associate degrees when I can't find a good job with a masters. :lol:

:D

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 26, 2015, 01:43:03 PM »
:lol: but also, are you having a manic episode?  :frown:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 26, 2015, 01:44:21 PM »
I think I'm going a little crazy you guys!

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 26, 2015, 01:47:10 PM »
I'm trying to sale ppl $46,000 associate degrees when I can't find a good job with a masters after graduating from a school just like the one I am trying to sale them on. :lol:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 26, 2015, 01:48:56 PM »
I kid because I care. How is the resume company working out for you? How many jobs did you apply for this week? What did you do to network this week to increase the awareness that there is an awesome guy in KC named WackyCat08 that some company should be trying to hire RIGHT NOW?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 26, 2015, 01:53:08 PM »
can ms wacky not transfer to the same/similar job in a different UA office?
It's a weird setup, she technically works for gear for sports, but specializes in their UA golf department. Gear for sports corporate is here in KC, so I don't think so. I want her to keep that job too. I think it's super cool what she gets to do. She just had a couple photos taken with Spieth at the office yesterday. I mean, what in the world?!!

She will get sick of Gear.  Everyone does

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 26, 2015, 01:54:48 PM »
Meh. It was free, but yeah, I get it (masters from UOP). I've done really well this week. I have a few friends at good companies (like kiewit, state street, etc.) that work in their HR departments. I applied for over 35 jobs this week and I'm getting some good feedback, but some of these jobs have really shitty bases that I'm not willing to lower to. I'm just not patient.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 26, 2015, 02:03:43 PM »
Meh. It was free, but yeah, I get it (masters from UOP). I've done really well this week. I have a few friends at good companies (like kiewit, state street, etc.) that work in their HR departments. I applied for over 35 jobs this week and I'm getting some good feedback, but some of these jobs have really shitty bases that I'm not willing to lower to. I'm just not patient.
Good job!
Next week apply for 35 jobs where you don't have a good friend in HR. Cast a wider net. It would seem that applying at a place because you know somebody in HR is not a great idea to land your perfect job.
Applying for your perfect job at a place that happens to have somebody you know in HR is fortuitous.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 26, 2015, 02:08:38 PM »
I'd look into dobber's qualifications before taking his advise. I mean, here's a guy who does not and will never have the money to buy a lake house. Ltsifam

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 26, 2015, 02:09:57 PM »
he has two A/C units, tho

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 26, 2015, 02:11:20 PM »
Dobber installed a drip irrigation system in his garden. That's not cheap.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 26, 2015, 02:11:52 PM »
I'd look into dobber's qualifications before taking his advise. I mean, here's a guy who does not and will never have the money to buy a lake house. Ltsifam
THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT!!!!

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 26, 2015, 02:12:29 PM »
he has two A/C units, tho
That you know of!

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 26, 2015, 02:12:54 PM »
:surprised:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 26, 2015, 02:14:11 PM »
Dobber installed a drip irrigation system in his garden. That's not cheap.
It's not even for a garden. It's for ornamental plants. At least a garden would cut down on my food bill. This drip irrigation system serves no purpose but to provide me aesthetic pleasure.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 26, 2015, 02:15:25 PM »

Are you applying for jobs in KC or Denver?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 26, 2015, 02:17:11 PM »
Wacky, I'd look into taking a new job with a lower base pay, as long as it's from a reputable company that you could see a future for yourself with.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 26, 2015, 02:22:01 PM »
Wacky, I'd look into taking a new job with a lower base pay, as long as it's from a reputable company that you could see a future for yourself with.
I agree with this. Don't stay at a better paying-crappy job where you have the fear of getting let go nearly once a month. Go get a job that has some stability and opportunity for growth.
What would happen if you got let go today? Then that lower paying job would look pretty effing good.

Most of what people are trying to tell you applies to everyone. Nothing is really directed at you specifically, so don't take it personally (just in case you are taking it personally).

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 26, 2015, 02:29:32 PM »
Mrs. Gooch is asking another great question, and I know it was discussed yesterday, but take advantage of your fiance's willingness to move. Cast a big ass net! Do nothing to limit the possibilities. Don't think you have to 'have an in' to get every job. That is a crutch that losers use.

My bro applied for a job in an industry that he had no experience in. When he showed up for the interview, the hiring manager said, "I am going to be straight with you, this position is going to be filled from within. We have two well qualified internal candidates. That being said, I flipped through a bunch of resumes from the outside and yours is the only one that piqued my interest. I told HR I wasn't hiring anyone until I had the chance to meet you."
My bro did not have any friends in the company.
My bro spent about $1500 with a company in KC that does resumes and strength finders and such.
My bro had a really good job when he was interviewing for the new job. (he was not unemployed)
My bro got the job.

To finish this little exercise...

CASE CLOSED!

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 26, 2015, 02:33:25 PM »
interesting story dobbsler. did your brother get/take the job and does he like it?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 26, 2015, 02:34:08 PM »
I've done really well this week. I have a few friends at good companies (like kiewit, state street, etc.)

My little bro worked there for like 3 weeks, decided it sucked ass and changed jobs immediately, FWIW
:adios:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 26, 2015, 02:38:32 PM »
interesting story dobbsler. did your brother get/take the job and does he like it?
Yes, he took the job and he likes it. He was wanting to do something different, but didn't want to just fall into a different position/company.
He has been there for a few years now. I know there are times that he wants to move away from corporate america, but he is happy.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 26, 2015, 02:41:21 PM »
I've done really well this week. I have a few friends at good companies (like kiewit, state street, etc.)

My little bro worked there for like 3 weeks, decided it sucked ass and changed jobs immediately, FWIW
Good to know. Our friend just got promoted to VP. That's why I was considering it. Also, I've just applied to KC jobs. I'll start looking into Denver this weekend.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 26, 2015, 02:46:11 PM »
Yes, he took the job and he likes it. He was wanting to do something different, but didn't want to just fall into a different position/company.
He has been there for a few years now. I know there are times that he wants to move away from corporate america, but he is happy.

maybe you could post the $1500 resume and wacky or anybody else could just put their name on top