Author Topic: what if collein klein is a complete badass?  (Read 81091 times)

Offline Johnny Thunderbone

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: what if collein klein is a complete badass?
« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2011, 09:07:31 PM »
KSU offense will score at least 35 ppg this year.  Will it be enough?

Or EXACTLY 35.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2011, 12:26:52 AM »
gotta love ksu-football day dreaming during the lazy days of summer..  :blush:

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2011, 12:37:13 AM »
Or have i just taken too much nyquil again? hahah.  :D

No fatts, it wasn't your nyquil!  :D

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 13, 2011, 01:50:04 AM »
Ck and crew are number 8 on SC's Top Plays.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 13, 2011, 04:23:29 AM »
Signing autographs after his 6 td show.  What a humanitarian.  :love:
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 13, 2011, 05:36:00 AM »
I'm kind of pissed I got him 3 stars now.  He would be much more of a hero with 2.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2011, 09:14:09 AM »
Ck and crew are number 8 on SC's Top Plays.

Which play?

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2011, 09:30:59 AM »

If he wasn't such a genuine good guy he would be taking advantage of this with the local females.
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2011, 10:03:11 AM »

If he wasn't such a genuine good guy he would be taking advantage of this with the local females.

One of my favorite things he did last night was when he ran down to Curry Sexton after he got facemasked and turned around all weird and made sure he was okay.

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2011, 10:15:40 AM »
5 rushing TD's and he'll have the second most rushing TD's in a season.  Barry Sanders way out there with 37.

Offline bigwilliestyle1407

• Combo-Fan
  • "when the eff did we get ice cream?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2011, 10:31:49 AM »
Is there any scenario where Klien gets serious Heisman consideration? Or do you think with the poor showing in the OU game, complied with two loses it's a lost cause? Because when push comes to shove, He is K-State football and a damn good player. I really wanna see him and Tebow face off in the octagon :emawkid:
"Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
 John Wooden

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2011, 10:33:30 AM »
If we win out and he breaks the single season record (which he'll have to battle Montee Ball for), he'll get as much heisman love as Ricky Dobbs.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2011, 01:45:37 PM »
Is there any scenario where Klien gets serious Heisman consideration? Or do you think with the poor showing in the OU game, complied with two loses it's a lost cause? Because when push comes to shove, He is K-State football and a damn good player. I really wanna see him and Tebow face off in the octagon :emawkid:
yeah those 2 Ls, although one isn't that bad for him really hurt. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 09, 2012, 10:48:17 PM »
1)He's big
2)His running skills are VERY GOOD! He proved this last year
3)He's a nice guy
4)He gives AMAZING! interviews.

Anyway, what if klein turns out to be amazing? I'm holding out hope that he's really friggin good. But if he was really good, i'm assuming we would have heard some "rumblings" from some sources, and i haven't heard much.

What do you guys think? Is there a chance? Or have i just taken too much nyquil again? hahah.  :D

Now that we have proven that CK is, indeed, a badass, can CK take it to the next level (Bishop, E3)?

I say yes.

The WR's are there, the line seems solid, the TE's are solid as well...if we can get good help from the running backs, who knows how good this kid can be?

What if Sams ends up playing some RB?  OH MAN....

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2012, 12:24:23 AM »
1)He's big
3)He's a nice guy

Anyway, what if klein turns out to be amazing? I'm holding out hope that he's really friggin good. But if he was really good, i'm assuming we would have heard some "rumblings" from some sources, and i haven't heard much.

What do you guys think? Is there a chance? Or have i just taken too much nyquil again? hahah.  :D

Now that we have proven that CK is, indeed, a badass, can CK take it to the next level (Bishop, E3)?

I say yes.

The WR's are there, the line seems solid, the TE's are solid as well...if we can get good help from the running backs, who knows how good this kid can be?

i catch myself day dreaming about klein's stats. i'm embarrassed to say the numbers i think he can achieve. 

because the offense wasn't spectacular last year it is hard to know how being a year better at 10 positions will take form. i'm going to be so bold as to predict that we blow out(21+) three big XII teams this year.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 10, 2012, 08:55:18 AM »
1)He's big
3)He's a nice guy

I say yes.

Look at the improvement in numbers for Bish, Bease and El from Jr. to Sr.  I think it's reasonable to expect similar results for Klien.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2012, 11:09:48 AM »
He needs a running back.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2012, 11:35:15 AM »
Please save these questions for his bachelor party hosted by goEMAW.

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2012, 03:20:40 PM »
when Snyder returns a lot of players on the offensive side and has a senior QB...the numbers tend to explode.  I fully expect some pinball machine type torrid scoring contests.

I think Klein will throw for about 2800 but I'm not sure if he runs quite as much this year.
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 10, 2012, 03:22:17 PM »
I think Klein will throw for about 2800

lol

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 10, 2012, 03:40:44 PM »
I think Klein will throw for about 2800

lol

he'll throw 7 to 10 times more per game.  All of Snyder's senior QBs did - Bishop, Beasley, and Roberson - compared to their junior years.

1) He'll complete a higher percentage of his passes.

2) His yardage per completion will increase due to improved decision-making and chemistry with his receivers.

3) he threw the ball 281 times last year, hit 57% of his passes, and his yards per completion was about 11.9.

If he attempts approx 8-9 more per game he will have around 400 passes.  If he completes 60% of his passes he will have 240 completions.  If each completion is 12 yards per completion he'll throw for 2,880 yards.

It may be that he attempts only 5 more passes per game.  If he completes 60% of those passes he's around 210 completions or so...13.3 yards per completion gets him 2,800.

Bottom line...this SHOULD be a more athletic OL to give him better protection.  If only minimal it will help.  His pocket presence, understanding of the passing game, chemistry with receivers, decision-making, reads, etc. should ALL be improved.  The addition of Clark and an extra year with Lockett (more experienced) all can improve completion percentage and yards per completion.

It isn't rocket science.  2800 yards over 13 games isn't a whole helluva lot of yards per game (215).  He had that vs. Arkansas if his receivers hold on to the ball.  He threw for that against OSU and aTm.

We'll see who is lol'ing come january, steve dave.
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 10, 2012, 03:47:07 PM »
For what it's worth, I hope we are all lol'ing come January.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 10, 2012, 03:57:54 PM »
For what it's worth, I hope we are all lol'ing come January.
yes, lol'ing all over South Beach

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 10, 2012, 04:35:30 PM »
The real question is how will he matchup against Alabama in the title game down in Miami

"Brent Musberer here, coming to you live from the 2013 BCS National Championship game, I'm Joined in the booth by Kirk Herbstreit. How are you doing today Kirk"

"Its hot Brent! I know its Miami but its not supposed to be 80 degrees and humid at kickoff!"

"I'll tell you one person that's not concerned though and that's Kansas State Quarterback Colin Klein. Whether it was through the heat in that simmering day down in Norman where made a last second scramble over the goal line or through the snow in that November blizzard against Texas, this kid has been the pillar of consistency guiding Kansas State to their first perfect season"

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2012, 07:51:09 PM »
OU and K-State in the National Championship. OU pulls an LSU, beats us in the regular season, but we spank them in the NC.