Author Topic: what if collein klein is a complete badass?  (Read 79168 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: what if collein klein is a complete badass?
« Reply #400 on: October 29, 2022, 11:15:28 PM »
Before this game I was laughing my ass off at people that thought we were gonna lose Colin Klein to potential head coaching jobs this year. Now I’m worried again.

@ me next time, hoe.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 29, 2022, 11:21:06 PM »
Before this game I was laughing my ass off at people that thought we were gonna lose Colin Klein to potential head coaching jobs this year. Now I’m worried again.

@ me next time, hoe.
lol.  I was including myself in that group that I was laughing my ass off at. I’m worried about Nebraska coming after Klieman now.   I still haven’t figured out why the playbook appears to be different when 9 AM is in at quarterback versus what they are doing with Will Howard. I can’t help but wonder it’s not Klein’s play calling but the different quarterbacks ability to make reads and throw the ball. I have a hard time believing that 9 AM doesn’t have as good arm as Will Howard.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 11:25:45 PM by HugeCat »

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 29, 2022, 11:41:33 PM »
MIR has zero clue too to be fair

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 29, 2022, 11:42:12 PM »

@ me next time, hoe.
lol.  I was including myself in that group that I was laughing my ass off at. I’m worried about Nebraska coming after Klieman now.   I still haven’t figured out why the playbook appears to be different when 9 AM is in at quarterback versus what they are doing with Will Howard. I can’t help but wonder it’s not Klein’s play calling but the different quarterbacks ability to make reads and throw the ball. I have a hard time believing that 9 AM doesn’t have as good arm as Will Howard.

He's already said so, but I absolutely believe Klieman doesn't want Nebraska. It's an absolute gong show. They have spent the last 25 years firing coaches at a rate as high as any job in the power 5. They have championship expectations but have had the success of Texas Tech as long as any current player or recruit has been alive. Klieman might have a top 10 cushy job in college football. The pay could be higher, but when you've spent your entire career in D3 and the FCS, I'm sure he feels like a Bolshevik making $3 million a year in Manhattan.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 31, 2022, 08:23:07 PM »

@ me next time, hoe.

He's already said so, but I absolutely believe Klieman doesn't want Nebraska. It's an absolute gong show. They have spent the last 25 years firing coaches at a rate as high as any job in the power 5. They have championship expectations but have had the success of Texas Tech as long as any current player or recruit has been alive. Klieman might have a top 10 cushy job in college football. The pay could be higher, but when you've spent your entire career in D3 and the FCS, I'm sure he feels like a Bolshevik making $3 million a year in Manhattan.
Just message board talk and Klieman is the flavor of the day. lol

https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/klieman.333640/

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: October 31, 2022, 09:04:01 PM »

@ me next time, hoe.
You know AM had shoulder surgery, right?

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 31, 2022, 09:08:27 PM »

@ me next time, hoe.
Yeah, I mean I couldn’t tell his spin rate, but it sure looked like he still was able to put some zip on his balls.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 31, 2022, 09:17:33 PM »

@ me next time, hoe.
Yeah, I mean I couldn’t tell his spin rate, but it sure looked like he still was able to put some zip on his balls.
But if he isn't 100% he could struggle with accuracy and/or confidence in delivery even if he can put zip on it. He might even if he was 100% physically but not ready mentally!

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 31, 2022, 09:23:31 PM »
I hope he’s mentally ready to run for 500 yards on Saturday
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 31, 2022, 09:26:28 PM »
Can we talk more about spin rate? I’ve zoomed in a bunch on his passes on my 16K TV and had noticed that the ball was spinning incredibly fast.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 31, 2022, 09:46:45 PM »

lol
9AM at QB
 WR’s can’t get separation
 Why isn’t CK running the offense we saw against LSU

Will Howitzer at QB
 WR’s are wide open
 CK is an offensive play calling wizard

I am a big Adrian Martinez fan, and his ability to run gives us an extra dynamic, but honestly, I don’t see how we can keep Will Howitzer out of the starting lineup.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 31, 2022, 09:54:17 PM »
spin rate is everything now a days and the qb I want on this field has the highest spin rate

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 31, 2022, 10:06:01 PM »

That'll be the ku game but yes, 9AM I bet if here's ready will have a great game, and if not, #takethewheelwill
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 31, 2022, 10:36:21 PM »
We’re in too good of a spot now to worry about next year. Will’s redshirt better no longer be a factor.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 01, 2022, 08:38:53 AM »

I hope he's mentally ready to stand on the sideline with his helmet on.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 01, 2022, 08:54:01 AM »
I’m encouraged that in a game we won 48-0 Howard threw the ball 37 times. So like our coaches aren’t stubborn enough to run the same crap for every quarterback. And if Avery can throw the ball as good as we hope, he’s going to throw it a ton.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 01, 2022, 11:48:16 AM »
We’re in too good of a spot now to worry about next year. Will’s redshirt better no longer be a factor.

I mean he's still the backup, if that's what you're asking, that hasn't changed.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 01, 2022, 12:56:52 PM »

I mean he's still the backup, if that's what you're asking, that hasn't changed.
I think Will Howitzer being the man and being able to absolutely kill the last few weeks he would love to start but we don't think Klie and Co would do that to him would we?
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 01, 2022, 01:01:21 PM »

I think Will Howitzer being the man and being able to absolutely kill the last few weeks he would love to start but we don't think Klie and Co would do that to him would we?

I feel like y'all keep finding new ways to ask the same question.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 01, 2022, 01:07:57 PM »

https://twitter.com/DerekYoungKSO/status/1587499209053409281?s=20&t=IdH-fCeug3v6XYJKNTMEcQ

Well this pretty much says if Will is down to lose the redshirt he will start.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: November 01, 2022, 01:52:05 PM »
ksu future opponents' national defensive ranks in yards per play allowed
total ypp allowed (rush/pass)

texas              #22 (22/16)
baylor             #29 (26/28)
west virginia  #118 (58/127)
kansas            #88 (60/107)

do we try to use both qb's during the next couple games to try and find a weakness? generally i think that's a bad idea, but idk we may need a changeup mid-game

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 01, 2022, 01:55:58 PM »
I think that as long as we are willing and able to attack 8 man fronts with the deep ball, we will be just fine.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 01, 2022, 01:57:09 PM »
I think that as long as we are willing and able to attack 8 man fronts with the deep ball, we will be just fine.

yep. it's like the opposite problem that pat mahomes has

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 01, 2022, 05:59:01 PM »

https://twitter.com/DerekYoungKSO/status/1587499209053409281?s=20&t=IdH-fCeug3v6XYJKNTMEcQ

Well this pretty much says if Will is down to lose the redshirt he will start.

I don't think that's what that says, at all. I mean I could see how someone could see that, but that quote could mean anything.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
what if collein klein is a complete badass?
« Reply #424 on: November 01, 2022, 06:03:08 PM »
He’s just a Sophomore, right?

Check that, Junior

Check that Soph eligibility, tho, right?

So confusing . . .