Author Topic: what if collein klein is a complete badass?  (Read 80801 times)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: what if collein klein is a complete badass?
« Reply #375 on: September 03, 2022, 10:34:44 PM »
So lets say that we have some good to great seasons in the next 5 years, Klieman either takes another job or retires and CK7 is our new head coach.

He is never leaving us right? He is tried and true EMAW to the bone. Heisman finalist at EMAWu and married a EMAWu bball player who happens to be the daughter of a former great EMAWu Football player.

Even if Michigan State or some other BIG/SEC school offered to double his salary I still think he would stay here and keep riding 4wheelers in his backyard while kicking ass.

And who do we have to thank for this gift? None other than Ronald Prince for recruiting CK7 to EMAWu as a WR.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 03, 2022, 10:43:23 PM »
Perry sure Prince recruited him as QB, but Synder moved him to WR.  He played QB in Colo HS FB.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 03, 2022, 10:48:44 PM »
OCCK brings out his inner Larry the cable Guy, “Git Er Done”
https://twitter.com/KStateFB/status/1566265394406604800?s=20&t=uZ9u09iWcL4u4JpVNxZIOw

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 03, 2022, 11:08:27 PM »
CK7 is in love with early 2000's haircuts. He moved on from the Ceaser cut he was wearing in college and is now rocking the ski slope.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 03, 2022, 11:33:24 PM »
Pound the stone guy looks like he is going to crap himself
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 04, 2022, 10:58:15 AM »
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Not having a Skylar Thompson might have an impact
https://twitter.com/KellisRobinett/status/1566436156698394625?s=20&t=evj-aei7zK4LULNTPN5y5A

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 04, 2022, 11:41:15 AM »
Pound the stone guy looks like he is going to crap himself
Lmao

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 04, 2022, 12:06:25 PM »
I just hope last night was us truly keeping it conservative vs some others issues. It just seemed like offensively we were kinda meh.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 04, 2022, 02:56:02 PM »
I think they'll open things up next week.  I do wish there would have been more camera angles yesterday so we could see what was happening down field, but the announcers kept mentioning the good coverage.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 05, 2022, 08:19:41 AM »
CK7 is in love with early 2000's haircuts. He moved on from the Ceaser cut he was wearing in college and is now rocking the ski slope.
lol.  I think that is just the Ceaser haircut after wearing a visor all day

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 05, 2022, 01:51:56 PM »
I just hope last night was us truly keeping it conservative vs some others issues. It just seemed like offensively we were kinda meh.

Martinez did not throw the ball to open receivers, and checked down literally every time. He's gonna need to pull the trigger, and not be in his own head.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 05, 2022, 03:29:09 PM »

Martinez did not throw the ball to open receivers, and checked down literally every time. He's gonna need to pull the trigger, and not be in his own head.

Espn coverage was pretty poor on showing route trees, I think a lot of fan reaction was initially that we couldn’t get open and I’m starting to realize that may not have been 100% true

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 05, 2022, 04:08:54 PM »

Espn coverage was pretty poor on showing route trees, I think a lot of fan reaction was initially that we couldn’t get open and I’m starting to realize that may not have been 100% true

After the third or fourth drive I made it a point to watch the receivers and and the QB, we were open. South Dakota played over the top so the intermediate routes were available.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 05, 2022, 07:29:33 PM »
Game script counts for something, but it still would have been nice to see the attempts. Rubley looked much more comfortable slinging it and has a cannon by the looks of it.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 05, 2022, 08:58:31 PM »

After the third or fourth drive I made it a point to watch the receivers and and the QB, we were open. South Dakota played over the top so the intermediate routes were available.

I think that’s more encouraging than our WR not being able to get separation against an FCS secondary. Wish he would have worked out some of whatever his demons are around throwing INT’s but we should have a good idea what he’s got this week because we will have to throw it around better than we did.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: September 05, 2022, 09:04:55 PM »

I think that’s more encouraging than our WR not being able to get separation against an FCS secondary. Wish he would have worked out some of whatever his demons are around throwing INT’s but we should have a good idea what he’s got this week because we will have to throw it around better than we did.

Would be nice to see an all-22 version of the game.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 26, 2022, 08:49:14 AM »
I am embarrassed that I had to find this thread on page 3. I’ve let you down, fatty fat fat.
https://twitter.com/mzenitz/status/1574384322190233601?s=20&t=4FYsaKH_nyVHcymL_5911Q

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 26, 2022, 12:05:39 PM »
Nice to see Klein took my advice and implemented (at least partially) the qb battering ram offense. 21 carries for AM. It's how you win games at Kansas State.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 29, 2022, 04:54:35 PM »
Amazes me that the offense can both be so good at running with Martinez and so good at passing with Howard.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
what if collein klein is a complete badass?
« Reply #394 on: October 29, 2022, 05:22:55 PM »
Yeah good call. I think CK deserves some credit there

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 29, 2022, 07:23:43 PM »
Before this game I was laughing my ass off at people that thought we were gonna lose Colin Klein to potential head coaching jobs this year. Now I’m worried again.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 29, 2022, 07:28:35 PM »
Amazes me that the offense can both be so good at running with Martinez and so good at passing with Howard.

Need to get them on the field at the same time. 9AM could shift out the flat maybe (just spitballing here, but a master like CK could draw up something awesome).

Offline bunter

• Combo-Fan
  • I'm not a good poster.
    • View Profile
    • Investigate 3/11
« Reply #397 on: October 29, 2022, 07:29:48 PM »
Andy Reid made offense fun I'm about it

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 29, 2022, 08:31:02 PM »
Fun to score lots of points without the QB-as-battering-ram offense. Playmakers getting the ball and making plays. Really fun offense to watch.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 29, 2022, 08:54:49 PM »
Fun to score lots of points without the QB-as-battering-ram offense. Playmakers getting the ball and making plays. Really fun offense to watch.

You got a good point.  I think CK didn't appreciate HCBS's battering ram offense.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.