Author Topic: QuikTrip  (Read 50027 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: QuikTrip
« Reply #325 on: August 15, 2022, 07:48:58 AM »
The best thing about Casey’s, and it’s outrageously good, is that they give me my Hy-Vee fuel rewards plus generally have a 5% Chase Sapphire Reserve cash back going. I’m basically getting paid to get free gas there at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow did not know this.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 15, 2022, 08:38:48 AM »
Dull ass overrated gas station.

I’m curious about this take. I’m not going to say it’s anything special product wise, but they’re so fast.

They put a Casey’s in a mile from my house & it’s unusable.

Edit: I will say I get the further away you get from Tulsa, the worse they are. I stopped at one on I-49 just south of KC (Harrisonville maybe) and if that store was in Tulsa everyone would have been fired.

When I lived in Wichita I thought that QT was the best gas station ever. I moved to the Des Moines area, where we have 4 different large chain gas stations and QT is absolutely 4th. What I discovered is that QT thrives on exclusivity. QT is very popular in Tulsa, Wichita, and KC where they have the markets to themselves. Since I've lived here exactly half of the QTs have closed or been sold.

Their hot food is significantly worse than Kwik Star/Kwik Trip and Casey's. It's right on par with Kum and Go but K&G has way better store rewards. As mentioned there's a QT, with at QT kitchen, next door to my former office so I ate there enough to know the food is mediocre.

Kwik Star is the best convenience chain I've been too, haven't been to a Bucees yet.
Casey's is second
K&G third, I really want to like them more, they give a lot of money to lib causes, spend a lot in improving downtown DSM, and now own a soccer team and are building a soccer specific stadium here, on a former superfund site.
QT is undoubtedly worse than all of these places, although they are way cleaner than most Casey's and like 7 pointed out, almost certainly treat their employees better. Kwik Star and K&G are also known to be employee friendly.

I am close w some people that are close friends with the Krause family (owners of K&G) they have a major complex when it comes to Casey’s and QT. I know they’ve tried to break into some of QTs stronghold markets and have failed pretty miserably at it.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 15, 2022, 08:42:44 AM »
It must just be a distance from the home base thing. I get the food at QT isn’t the best, but it’s not worse than a cold Casey’s hamburger that’s been spinning for 3 hours. The shelves are 1/3 bare. When I walk up to the counter half the time I have to vocalize that someone is at the counter before someone takes 30 seconds to walk over. I only drink water without a lid. Half the time I have to argue with them that it gets charged as an ice cup & I’m not trying to steal Sprite.  I’ve had multiple people there put their hand right over the lip of my cup to feel to see if is fizzing, like that’s how they’re trained to distinguish between pop/water.

I usually stop at Casey’s in Salina when I visit my parents & it’s not usually much better, but I’m never getting hot food there.

We have the same gas rebate thing here with Reasors/QT.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 08:51:55 AM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 15, 2022, 08:46:27 AM »
Every time I've been in Caseys in the past couple of years, I've had terrible service (4 or 5 times).

Every time I've been in QT in the past couple of years (dozens of times), I've had efficient service.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 15, 2022, 09:58:26 AM »
Why don’t you people put the gas in your car and drive to a restaurant?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: August 15, 2022, 11:20:09 AM »
Casey's is coming for QT, and will publicly surpass them within 5 years at most. Their gas pump handles are something you only read about in fantasy stories. And their receipt printers work 20% of the time, a mark significantly higher than QT's.

I can't stand how slow Casey's pumps are.

I figured everybody complimenting Casey's did was gE'ing. That place is nasty

Have you been in one the last 5 years or one that's not in BFE?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 15, 2022, 11:26:45 AM »
It must just be a distance from the home base thing. I get the food at QT isn’t the best, but it’s not worse than a cold Casey’s hamburger that’s been spinning for 3 hours. The shelves are 1/3 bare. When I walk up to the counter half the time I have to vocalize that someone is at the counter before someone takes 30 seconds to walk over. I only drink water without a lid. Half the time I have to argue with them that it gets charged as an ice cup & I’m not trying to steal Sprite.  I’ve had multiple people there put their hand right over the lip of my cup to feel to see if is fizzing, like that’s how they’re trained to distinguish between pop/water.

I usually stop at Casey’s in Salina when I visit my parents & it’s not usually much better, but I’m never getting hot food there.

We have the same gas rebate thing here with Reasors/QT.

QT has a better selection of food, for sure, but the only real two things Casey's does, pizzas and subs, they absolutely dominate QT.

Kwik Star's food is so much better than Casey's or QT, it's not even funny. I was literally just in one, picking up a half dozen donuts, only Krispy Kreme has better donuts, and there was a woman giving out hot food samples. I nearly took a video tour of Kwik Star and posted it so y'all can see how I'm not BSing. If you find yourself in Iowa, Minnesota, or Wisconsin anytime soon, check one out. I imagine they'll be in Omaha soon enough.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 15, 2022, 11:42:57 AM »
Casey's is coming for QT, and will publicly surpass them within 5 years at most. Their gas pump handles are something you only read about in fantasy stories. And their receipt printers work 20% of the time, a mark significantly higher than QT's.

I thought they were all in BFE? I stopped in one in emporia 2 weeks ago. The pizza was below average

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 15, 2022, 11:45:40 AM »
I thought they were all in BFE? I stopped in one in emporia 2 weeks ago. The pizza was below average

This is a compliment to their pizza.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 15, 2022, 11:54:46 AM »

I thought they were all in BFE?

Only in Kansas. In Iowa and Nebraska they have modeled a lot of their stores similarly to the QT kitchens model.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 15, 2022, 11:58:31 AM »
I don't want to seem like I'm caping up for Casey's, I don't even get food or gas from there anymore. In the few places where they are actually around diverse neighborhoods they have hired armed security, even though their loss numbers are smaller in these locations. However, people who think QT is way better than Casey's, are crazy.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 15, 2022, 12:01:45 PM »
the new K&G's i have seen in IA, CO, and SD are very nice. there are none around KC though

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 15, 2022, 12:01:54 PM »

I thought they were all in BFE?

Only in Kansas. In Iowa and Nebraska they have modeled a lot of their stores similarly to the QT kitchens model.
Manhattan has a Casey's you sonuva  :shakesfist:

Offline Cardiac Cats

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 15, 2022, 12:15:18 PM »

I am close w some people that are close friends with the Krause family (owners of K&G) they have a major complex when it comes to Casey’s and QT. I know they’ve tried to break into some of QTs stronghold markets and have failed pretty miserably at it.

Are you an SAE?

K&G built a huge office downtown Des Moines  and it’s literally across the street from one of the last QTs in town. Which I find funny.

But as MIR said, Kwik Trip/Star is on a whole different level. Hand breaded chicken tender, angus cheeseburgers and this ridiculously cheap gas they market as E88 to fill up the rental car before returning. So much to love.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 15, 2022, 12:48:18 PM »
Right?!?
:adios:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 15, 2022, 12:54:22 PM »
Right?!?

The max I eat at a QT I'd a quick snack thing. Maybe breakfast if headed to Manhattan for tailgate. I like Qat for the tea and quick clean service.

I assume that kitchen thing is gross food overall.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 15, 2022, 01:16:20 PM »
Mods, please combine with the getting old AF thread.

TIA

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 15, 2022, 01:22:24 PM »
Who needs a paper receipt if going to your usual chain?  Do Casey’s, QT, etc. not have apps that allow you to activate pump, pay, get receipt all from your phone?  I thought that was standard these days? 

And unless you live in rural small town America, why are you eating there?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 15, 2022, 01:25:08 PM »

I don't understand how actually going into the gas station for any reason other than going to the restroom isn't a BFE thing.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 15, 2022, 02:01:34 PM »
They sell things on the inside too
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: August 15, 2022, 02:22:48 PM »
I agree that Kwik Shop and Casey’s have stepped up their newer stores to compete w/ QT, but the service is just far worse at both.

I’ve been going to Kwik Shop more recently because they added a SmartPay app that gives you at least $.20 off a gallon of gas, discounts on stuff in-store and sometimes free sodas, energy drinks, etc. Buying crap in the store also increases the gas discount. You aren’t allowed to link the app to a credit card tho, so that’s a bummer. Has to be bank account.

If I have crap loads of Dillons points, I’ll go to the Dillons gas stations (used to be Kwik Shops) or their gas islands. I’d probably go to these more if they were closer to my house. They also usually have prices closer to what are inside Dillons than most convenience stores, and give you like 4x fuel points. I’d go here more if they were closer to my house.

I rarely go to Casey’s, and their gas-type/pricing is confusing. It looks like they’re trying to fill their stores with Casey’s branded items. Not sure what to think of this. I do like their pizza and subs tho (but I usually go to jimmy John’s for subs).
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 15, 2022, 02:24:33 PM »
The people acting like going inside a convenience store or ordering their kitchen/ hot-food items is off are outing themselves as huge dorks/nerds, which isn’t surprising.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 15, 2022, 02:26:38 PM »
the soft pretzels at qt are pretty good
but I get my 93 octane fuel at BP on state line and 85th

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 15, 2022, 02:35:28 PM »
We have a new standalone hyvee gas station which is the new closest gas station to our house. Not sure if this is going to be a new thing for Hyvee or just a small side project to service their best customer (me).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 15, 2022, 02:37:04 PM »
The people acting like going inside a convenience store or ordering their kitchen/ hot-food items is off are outing themselves as huge dorks/nerds, which isn’t surprising.

Horrible things happen inside quiktrip.