Author Topic: 12 Things the MSM are keeping quiet about  (Read 8265 times)

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 12 Things the MSM are keeping quiet about
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2011, 04:33:20 PM »
Without reading any of the garbage, I wonder why the main stream media, who is only really concerned with ratings, would not want to run these stories?

Because they're ran by globalist douche bags, who know that reporting on American Idol and Bristol Palin is more entertaining....and sure enough people eat it up.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2011, 04:35:27 PM »
Without reading any of the garbage, I wonder why the main stream media, who is only really concerned with ratings, would not want to run these stories?

Because they're ran by globalist douche bags, who know that reporting on American Idol and Bristol Palin is more entertaining....and sure enough people eat it up.

you are such a tool  :facepalm:

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2011, 04:38:21 PM »

Well, it's true.

Same reason reality TV has taken over pretty much every channel. There's more money in that than something you can actually learn from. I mean, even History and Discovery have bought into it.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2011, 04:40:45 PM »

Well, it's true.

Same reason reality TV has taken over pretty much every channel. There's more money in that than something you can actually learn from. I mean, even History and Discovery have bought into it.

JFC.

Reality TV is cheaper than a sitcom.  Period.  Also, it's not like pre reality TV programing was educational. 

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2011, 04:44:26 PM »

Well, it's true.

JFC.

Reality TV is cheaper than a sitcom.  Period.  Also, it's not like pre reality TV programing was educational. 

What does reality TV being cheaper than a sitcom have to do with what I'm saying? I'm saying it makes a crap load of money, which is why everyone has migrated towards it....leaving behind anything thought provoking or educational, which yes did exist before the pre-reality era.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2011, 04:45:58 PM »

So the globalists are cool w/ reporting on some controversial things, just not all of them?

I don't get it.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2011, 04:47:46 PM »

Well, it's true.

JFC.

What does reality TV being cheaper than a sitcom have to do with what I'm saying? I'm saying it makes a crap load of money, which is why everyone has migrated towards it....leaving behind anything thought provoking or educational, which yes did exist before the pre-reality era.

Not really.  Did you pick up all your social cues from Friends or Seinfeld?  No.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2011, 04:50:04 PM »

So the globalists are cool w/ reporting on some controversial things, just not all of them?

I don't get it.

Well yeah I guess. If you want to mention Afghanistan in between the Kardashians and Ozzy Osbourne, and still keep people in the dark about the over 4 wars were fighting, then why not.

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2011, 04:57:48 PM »
Not that I'd ever rely on any 3 of these for "breaking news" or w/e...but if Fox is the most accurate, albeit ~40% clip, we're so beyond mumped it doesn't matter anyway   :goodbyecruelworld:

http://reason.com/blog/2011/06/21/is-jon-stewart-correct-that-fo?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reason%2FHitandRun+%28Reason+Online+-+Hit+%26+Run+Blog%29

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2011, 05:18:26 PM »
Not that I'd ever rely on any 3 of these for "breaking news" or w/e...but if Fox is the most accurate, albeit ~40% clip, we're so beyond effed it doesn't matter anyway   :goodbyecruelworld:

http://reason.com/blog/2011/06/21/is-jon-stewart-correct-that-fo?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reason%2FHitandRun+%28Reason+Online+-+Hit+%26+Run+Blog%29

No, they didn't say Fox was the most accurate.  They said their viewers were more 'informed'.  That simply means that they can regurgitate more facts.

I'm not surprised.  A lot of folks that watch Fox shows are religious in their devotion to the channel and the time slot.  Most of my family members that watch Fox News have it on in the background nearly three or four hours a day.  While I, conversely, watch an hour of Anderson Cooper and call it good*.

*Except on the weekends when I watch Meet the Press, State of the Union, and GPS.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2011, 05:35:32 PM »
Not that I'd ever rely on any 3 of these for "breaking news" or w/e...but if Fox is the most accurate, albeit ~40% clip, we're so beyond effed it doesn't matter anyway   :goodbyecruelworld:

No, they didn't say Fox was the most accurate.  They said their viewers were more 'informed'.  That simply means that they can regurgitate more facts.

I'm not surprised.  A lot of folks that watch Fox shows are religious in their devotion to the channel and the time slot.  Most of my family members that watch Fox News have it on in the background nearly three or four hours a day.  While I, conversely, watch an hour of Anderson Cooper and call it good*.

*Except on the weekends when I watch Meet the Press, State of the Union, and GPS.

HOW DARE THEY KNOW FACTS!!!!!!!!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2011, 07:27:46 PM »

Well, it's true.

JFC.

Eric Williams once again stole the show on Basketball Wives last night.  :thumbs:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2011, 08:17:14 AM »

Well, it's true.

JFC.

He has a point with the history channel. That channel is nothing but reality tv and alien shows now.

Offline husserl

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2011, 08:37:00 AM »
They said their viewers were more 'informed'.

Than who? 

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2011, 08:47:13 AM »
:lol:

So are globalist like the penultimate statists just below universalists?

crap forgot solar-systemists and galaxists too...

ALINSKY YOU ROTTEN SON OF A BITCH