Author Topic: Things in Wichita that don't suck  (Read 191555 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Things in Wichita that don't suck
« Reply #650 on: April 08, 2015, 12:28:24 PM »
I don't know that I'll be able to happy hour pak as early tomorrow as I'd hoped, but can still start for sure by 5:30-ish.  Saturday lunchPAK should be great too.  Maybe I can get so pak'd that I'll feel like taking a shower at ORD.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: April 08, 2015, 01:42:31 PM »
is it legal or what?

It is not legal, but the proposed ordinance passed which reduces the fine to $50 for possession of a small amount. It is superseded by state law though, so now there is going to be a big uproar and the AG is going to sue Wichita or something.

Define small.

AN ORDINANCE REDUCING THE PENALTY FOR FIRST OFFENSE CONVICTION FOR POSSESSION OF THIRTY-TWO (32) GRAMS OR LESS OF CANNABIS SATIVA L., OTHERWISE KNOWN AS MARIJUANA, AND/OR DRUG PARAPHERNALIA RELATED THERETO, BY PERSONS TWENTY-ONE (21) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, TO AN INFRACTION WITH A FINE NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00).

so they're completely leaving fans of indica out to dry?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: April 08, 2015, 02:21:36 PM »
is it legal or what?

It is not legal, but the proposed ordinance passed which reduces the fine to $50 for possession of a small amount. It is superseded by state law though, so now there is going to be a big uproar and the AG is going to sue Wichita or something.

Define small.

AN ORDINANCE REDUCING THE PENALTY FOR FIRST OFFENSE CONVICTION FOR POSSESSION OF THIRTY-TWO (32) GRAMS OR LESS OF CANNABIS SATIVA L., OTHERWISE KNOWN AS MARIJUANA, AND/OR DRUG PARAPHERNALIA RELATED THERETO, BY PERSONS TWENTY-ONE (21) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, TO AN INFRACTION WITH A FINE NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00).

so they're completely leaving fans of indica fans out to dry?

Apparently. I'm not a chemistry major so I don't really understand the current statue all that well.

Quote from: K.S.A. 65-4105
(h)?Any of the following cannabinoids, their salts, isomers and salts of isomers, unless specifically excepted, whenever the existence of these salts, isomers and salts of isomers is possible within the specific chemical designation:
(1)  Tetrahydrocannabinols  7370  Meaning tetrahydrocannabinols naturally contained in a plant of the genus Cannabis (cannabis plant), as well as synthetic equivalents of the substances contained in the plant, or in the resinous extractives of Cannabis, sp. and/or synthetic substances, derivatives, and their isomers with similar chemical structure and pharmacological activity such as the following: Delta 1 cis or trans tetrahydrocannabinol, and their optical isomers Delta 6 cis or trans tetrahydrocannabinol, and their optical isomers Delta 3,4 cis or trans tetrahydrocannabinol, and its optical isomers (Since nomenclature of these substances is not internationally standardized, compounds of these structures, regardless of numerical designation of atomic positions covered.)
(2)  NaphthoylindolesAny compound containing a 3-(1-naphthoyl)indole structure with substitution at the nitrogen atom of the indole ring by an alkyl, haloalkyl, alkenyl, cycloalkylmethyl, cycloalkylethyl, 1-(N-methyl-2-piperidinyl)methyl or 2-(4-morpholinyl)ethyl group, whether or not further substituted in the indole ring to any extent and whether or not substituted in the naphthyl ring to any extent.
(3)  NaphthylmethylindolesAny compound containing a 1H-indol-3-yl-(1-naphthyl)methane structure with substitution at the nitrogen atom of the indole ring by an alkyl, haloalkyl, alkenyl, cycloalkylmethyl, cycloalkylethyl, 1-(N-methyl-2-piperidinyl)methyl or 2-(4-morpholinyl)ethyl group whether or not further substituted in the indole ring to any extent and whether or not substituted in the naphthyl ring to any extent.
(4)  NaphthoylpyrrolesAny compound containing a 3-(1-naphthoyl)pyrrole structure with substitution at the nitrogen atom of the pyrrole ring by an alkyl, haloalkyl, alkenyl, cycloalkylmethyl, cycloalkylethyl, 1-(N-methyl-2-piperidinyl)methyl or 2-(4-morpholinyl)ethyl group whether or not further substituted in the pyrrole ring to any extent, whether or not substituted in the naphthyl ring to any extent.
(5)  NaphthylmethylindenesAny compound containing a naphthylideneindene structure with substitution at the 3-position of the indene ring by an alkyl, haloalkyl, alkenyl, cycloalkylmethyl, cycloalkylethyl, 1-(N-methyl-2-piperidinyl)methyl or 2-(4-morpholinyl)ethyl group whether or not further substituted in the indene ring to any extent, whether or not substituted in the naphthyl ring to any extent.
(6)  PhenylacetylindolesAny compound containing a 3-phenylacetylindole structure with substitution at the nitrogen atom of the indole ring by an alkyl, haloalkyl, alkenyl, cycloalkylmethyl, cycloalkylethyl, 1-(N-methyl-2-piperidinyl)methyl or 2-(4-morpholinyl)ethyl group whether or not further substituted in the indole ring to any extent, whether or not substituted in the phenyl ring to any extent.
(7)  CyclohexylphenolsAny compound containing a 2-(3-hydroxycyclohexyl)phenol structure with substitution at the 5-position of the phenolic ring by an alkyl, haloalkyl, alkenyl, cycloalkylmethyl, cycloalkylethyl, 1-(N-methyl-2-piperidinyl)methyl or 2-(4-morpholinyl)ethyl group whether or not substituted in the cyclohexyl ring to any extent.
(8)  BenzoylindolesAny compound containing a 3-(benzoyl)indole structure with substitution at the nitrogen atom of the indole ring by an alkyl, haloalkyl, alkenyl, cycloalkylmethyl, cycloalkylethyl, 1-(N-methyl-2-piperidinyl)methyl or 2-(4-morpholinyl)ethyl group whether or not further substituted in the indole ring to any extent and whether or not substituted in the phenyl ring to any extent.
(9)  2,3-Dihydro-5-methyl-3-(4-morpholinylmethyl)pyrrolo[1,2,3-de]-1,4-benzoxazin-6-yl]-1-napthalenylmethanone. Some trade or other names: WIN 55,212-2.
(10)  9-(hydroxymethyl)-6, 6-dimethyl-3-(2-methyloctan-2-yl)-6a,7,10,10a-tetrahydrobenzo[c]chromen-1-olSome trade or other names: HU-210, HU-211.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: April 08, 2015, 09:34:03 PM »
I don't know that I'll be able to happy hour pak as early tomorrow as I'd hoped, but can still start for sure by 5:30-ish.  Saturday lunchPAK should be great too.  Maybe I can get so pak'd that I'll feel like taking a shower at ORD.

:emawkid:
@mikec2w

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #655 on: April 08, 2015, 09:49:50 PM »
A client brought me to a fundraiser event at the botanical gardens. Holy crap that place is great. It was a blast. Pretty sure I could never find it again though.  :Crybaby:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: April 08, 2015, 11:18:26 PM »
A client brought me to a fundraiser event at the botanical gardens. Holy crap that place is great. It was a blast. Pretty sure I could never find it again though.  :Crybaby:

I've only been to events there during the holiday lights. That entire area is nearly impossible to navigate.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: April 09, 2015, 01:16:12 AM »
This place sucks.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: April 09, 2015, 08:41:46 AM »
You want to know what doesn't suck about Wichita?  The Lost Sock Laundromat at Pawnee and SE Blvd.  They've got 19 pinball machines in there, by far the most of any single location in the state of Kansas, including all of KC.  Most of the games are only 25 cents to play and they have a few classic arcade games in there as well.  Now while they have a ton of games in there, most are older machines.  I think 11 of them are from the late 70's and 80's, 7 are from the 90's, and only one from the 2000's.  But that's OK because the operator does a good job of maintaining them, and you simply don't see a lot of those older games on location anymore.  To find a larger selection of pinball machines, you would have to go to Cactus Jack's in Oklahoma City which is not a fair comparison because that place is easily the best arcade in a 1000-mile radius.  If you are not good at pinball, Lost Sock is a very good place to practice because the games are so cheap there.  The only thing that kind of sucks is that the whole place is carpeted, so you really can't slide the machines at all.  You just have to nudge in a more subtle way.   

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: April 10, 2015, 07:47:26 AM »
We need a bbq spot for Saturday lunch before I get out of here.  Booze required.  The best I can think of is the patio at 2 brothers near College Hill.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: April 10, 2015, 01:06:21 PM »
We need a bbq spot for Saturday lunch before I get out of here.  Booze required.  The best I can think of is the patio at 2 brothers near College Hill.

Go get some Julius' and take it to JW's pool.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: April 10, 2015, 01:13:03 PM »

Go get some Julius' and take it to JW's pool.

He looked pretty frazzled last night. JW, not Julius.

If he could time it right, I'd be down for Gooch to smoke a bunch and get pak'd there.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Rob_Cassidy

• Fan
  • patchy bearded douchebag in Miami
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: April 10, 2015, 05:11:55 PM »

Didn't they recently open an independently owned barbecue joint somewhere near old town? I've not been, but I've seen people talking about it on social media. All I know is that it's one of those places with a gimmick bloody mary that comes with brisket or ribs as garnish.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: April 10, 2015, 06:01:52 PM »

Didn't they recently open an independently owned barbecue joint somewhere near old town? I've not been, but I've seen people talking about it on social media. All I know is that it's one of those places with a gimmick bloody mary that comes with brisket or ribs as garnish.

Bite Me BBQ. There was a problem there during an attempt to watch hoops there. It's banned.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: April 10, 2015, 07:32:36 PM »
I'm in for wherever. I'll probably even make it through the whole event.
@mikec2w

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: April 10, 2015, 09:24:40 PM »
I also still have to make the all-important guayaberas for mios swap.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: April 13, 2015, 08:27:35 AM »
I also still have to make the all-important guayaberas for mios swap.

I will still have the aforementioned guayaberas with me while in MHK for the next couple of days.  I would be happy to drop them off with a responsible party if they are to be a Fattyfest item.
@mikec2w

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: April 13, 2015, 11:13:20 AM »
I got a sunburn, sucks.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: April 21, 2015, 10:40:01 AM »
I drove up to Leavenworth last night after the SKC match to stock up on Kroger Fitness Water fitlat (not like mio but a cheaper but better tasting propel) and I brought a cooler to get Blue Bell Ice Cream. That shifty Dillon's only had one flavor of fitness water and Blue Bell is still recalled in Kansas and Missouri  :curse:

I might have a hookup for you on the ice cream.

Goddammit :flush:

The Big Train

« Reply #671 on: April 21, 2015, 11:08:49 PM »
 :lol:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: April 21, 2015, 11:10:56 PM »
Nothing's changed.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: April 21, 2015, 11:31:08 PM »
Go on  :excited:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: April 21, 2015, 11:34:32 PM »
Just got this email

We would like to let our most loyal customers and fans know...

From our CEO and President Paul Kruse

We’re committed to doing the 100 percent right thing, and the best way to do that is to take all of our products off the market until we are confident that they are all safe. At every step, we have made decisions in the best interest of our customers based on the evidence we had available at the time. We have brought in one of the world’s most respected food safety microbiologists to inspect our plants and systems to help us get to the bottom of this issue.

Through further internal testing, we learned today that Listeria monocytogenes was found in an additional half gallon of ice cream in our Brenham facility. While we initially believed this situation was isolated to one machine in one room, we now know that was wrong. We need to know more to be completely confident that our products are safe for our customers.

As Blue Bell moves forward, we are implementing a procedure called "test and hold" for all products made at all of our manufacturing facilities. This means that all products released will be tested first and held for release to the market only after the tests show they are safe.

In addition to the “test and hold” system, Blue Bell is implementing additional safety procedures and testing including:

-Expanding our already robust system of daily cleaning and sanitizing of equipment
-Expanding our system of swabbing and testing our plant environment by 800 percent to include more surfaces
-Sending samples daily to a leading microbiology laboratory for testing
-Providing additional employee training
At this point, we cannot say with certainty how Listeria was introduced to our facilities. We continue to work with our team of experts to eliminate this problem.

We urge consumers who have purchased Blue Bell products to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with any concerns or questions should call 1-866-608-3940 Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. CST or go to www.bluebell.com for the most up-to-date information.

We are heartbroken about this situation and apologize to all of our loyal Blue Bell fans and customers. Our entire history has been about making the very best and highest quality ice cream, and we intend to fix this problem. We want enjoying our ice cream to be a source of joy and pleasure, never a cause for concern, so we are committed to getting this right.