Author Topic: Things in Wichita that don't suck  (Read 191552 times)

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Things in Wichita that don't suck
« Reply #575 on: March 19, 2015, 03:08:09 PM »
I'm not 100% sure luke and his gal are ready for the big city
This is probably true. I lived in a town of 3000 before Manhattan.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 19, 2015, 03:08:49 PM »
Luke, you should just rent my house from me.
@mikec2w

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 19, 2015, 03:11:15 PM »
Luke, there is an apartment building in the 1300 block of Franklin Street that is about the coolest place I've ever seen. https://www.google.com/maps/@37.699359,-97.353202,3a,75y,189.45h,79.91t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sOdmAyaQZevJEcidWwbOstw!2e0!6m1!1e1
Since we weren't able to go look at apartments after Spring Break, we just decided to go with an apartment complex for the first year. All of the houses/duplexes for rent wouldn't hold the place for us until June 1st. It will be a lot easier to find one of those when we live in Wichita.
Hey that's near my house!  I jog by that place a couple times every week.... I kinda thought it was a semi-retirement home, is it rentable by average Lukes?

Theres not a ton of good places for rent downtown unfortunately.  Innis Station can be manageable if you can score a spot in the private parking garage.  Eaton Place is pretty good, but kinda dumpy in some places.  Theres some converted lofts on 430 S Commerce that I friend of mine used to live in that as I recall, she liked pretty well.

Just live somewhere and save up to buy a house somewhere, the rental market in Wichita is way overpriced and houses are cheap.
It's rentable by average. I didn't see any older people there while I was there.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 19, 2015, 03:13:39 PM »
Luke, there is an apartment building in the 1300 block of Franklin Street that is about the coolest place I've ever seen. https://www.google.com/maps/@37.699359,-97.353202,3a,75y,189.45h,79.91t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sOdmAyaQZevJEcidWwbOstw!2e0!6m1!1e1
Since we weren't able to go look at apartments after Spring Break, we just decided to go with an apartment complex for the first year. All of the houses/duplexes for rent wouldn't hold the place for us until June 1st. It will be a lot easier to find one of those when we live in Wichita.
Hey that's near my house!  I jog by that place a couple times every week.... I kinda thought it was a semi-retirement home, is it rentable by average Lukes?

Theres not a ton of good places for rent downtown unfortunately.  Innis Station can be manageable if you can score a spot in the private parking garage.  Eaton Place is pretty good, but kinda dumpy in some places.  Theres some converted lofts on 430 S Commerce that I friend of mine used to live in that as I recall, she liked pretty well.

Just live somewhere and save up to buy a house somewhere, the rental market in Wichita is way overpriced and houses are cheap.
It's rentable by average. I didn't see any older people there while I was there.
Well no crap.  So you actually looked at that place?  If the accommodations are good go for it, I've been living in that neighborhood for 5 years now, I'm full #TeamRiverside.  It's a great place.

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 19, 2015, 03:15:41 PM »

Shut up, idiot. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 19, 2015, 03:18:49 PM »

Well no crap.  So you actually looked at that place?  If the accommodations are good go for it, I've been living in that neighborhood for 5 years now, I'm full #TeamRiverside.  It's a great place.

You two are talking about two different places.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 19, 2015, 03:25:49 PM »

:facepalm:

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 19, 2015, 03:31:02 PM »

Shut up, idiot.
The truth can be uncomfortable.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 19, 2015, 03:40:59 PM »

Yeah, that place isn't in Riverside.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 19, 2015, 03:42:41 PM »

I was referring to nic's original link.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: March 19, 2015, 03:45:01 PM »

No, Luke is talking about the Villas of Waterford where he was and picked out an apartment and saw no old people.  Herr is talking about the place in nicname's google maps link that he runs by.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 19, 2015, 03:45:57 PM »
TF is wrong with people today?  Primarily talking about non-gE'rs but my sanctuary here's pretty mumped up now too.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 19, 2015, 03:47:16 PM »
Airhead Capital of the World up in here*

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 19, 2015, 03:50:49 PM »
This is all my fault. Can we please continue to talk about things in Wichita that don't suck? I'm using this thread to guide my move.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 19, 2015, 03:57:16 PM »
This is all my fault. Can we please continue to talk about things in Wichita that don't suck? I'm using this thread to guide my move.

Well I'll tell you something that does suck....having to drive on that K-96/I-235/I-135 interchange area in the morning. So living somewhere that would help you avoid that is a good thing.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 19, 2015, 04:31:17 PM »

Well I'll tell you something that does suck....having to drive on that K-96/I-235/I-135 interchange area in the morning. So living somewhere that would help you avoid that is a good thing.

big city traffic problems, Luke! Are you ready??!!??

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 19, 2015, 04:39:17 PM »
Luke, the good news is you've got 3 weeks to get it together.  See you that Thursday night or Saturday afternoon.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 19, 2015, 04:43:25 PM »
@Herrsonntag

It was rentable by regular people in 2008. I'm not sure about now. It's pretty awesome inside, especially the apt on the left wing. It's two stories and has a bunch of awesome hardwood and a walkway/ balcony thing overlooking the living room. It's like something out of Harry Potter. Very cool.

The I'm guessing the other wing is similar as well. The middle apartments are neat, but not as cool. 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 20, 2015, 02:18:05 AM »
I host a pick-up game of Ultimate every Monday, you should check it out!

When and where?
6:00 PM Mondays in the grass field south of Koch Arena.  Just started up for the season a week ago, we run as long as DST does.

I get off work at 6:30, would I be too late if I came at 6:45ish?

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 20, 2015, 03:39:41 AM »
I had a double Royal Castle cheeseburger at Jimmys Diner on North Rock road yesterday.  Does not suck.

Decent non-chainey place for diner food. 

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 20, 2015, 10:41:22 AM »
I host a pick-up game of Ultimate every Monday, you should check it out!

When and where?
6:00 PM Mondays in the grass field south of Koch Arena.  Just started up for the season a week ago, we run as long as DST does.

I get off work at 6:30, would I be too late if I came at 6:45ish?
You'd probably be able to catch a game or two, generally we play for like an hour and a half.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: March 22, 2015, 09:26:45 PM »
Which public golf courses are the best? I qualify for the 18-23 season pass, so I will only have to pay $150, which is FREAKING AWESOME.

This link let's you see the packages for public golf course season passes.
http://www.golfwichita.com/Pages/SeasonPasses.aspx

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: March 22, 2015, 09:49:44 PM »
I live really close to Sims, its my favorite.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: March 22, 2015, 09:51:21 PM »
have you played all of them?

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 22, 2015, 09:58:18 PM »
have you played all of them?
Never played Clapp but have the rest.  Im admittedly biased towards my home course.  Auburn Hills is the nicest outright, but Sims is less busy and i don't spend all day looking for balls (im a bad golfer)