Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1356964 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #1750 on: May 01, 2013, 01:59:37 PM »
seems like it would take two days to get anywhere in Alaska from Juneau. I'd ask the locals to recommend something local when you're there.

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: May 01, 2013, 10:24:52 PM »
Headed to New Orleans on Thursday for Jazz Fest. Any NO protips?

EuroCat, check PMs for pro-iest of pro-tips.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: travel thread
« Reply #1752 on: May 03, 2013, 02:42:07 PM »
Jesus Christ how much are you going to spend? Just eat the atm fee (not at the airport lol) and be done with it.
I don't exactly have all my purchases mapped out, but like I said, I'd like some pesos if needed. also like I said, I'm willing to eat the atm fee which isn't a big deal at all, but we're staying at the hilton in the corridor b/w the airport and cabo so I don't exactly have the option of walking down the street to find a major bank atm.  my options are pretty much an airport atm, somewhere in san jose, or the resort.

well if you don't want to leave the Hilton just put everything on your room. When you're out and about (if you go out) you can find an atm.

Also report back on the trip. Cabo is an easy trip from Cali.

brief update: scrapped the money exchange. called an audible and rented a car for a day at the airport. wanted $65, told him to gtfoomf and talked him down to $20 for 24 hours. rolled the windows down, cranked the ac and tunes up, drove to the Mega store in San Jose, grabbed a sixer of pacifico, drove to a taco stand and grabbed some tacos, drove to the beach for a picnic, drove to the hotel, tossed keys to concierge and told him to have the company come pick it up. would do again.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: May 03, 2013, 02:43:51 PM »

send those to me as well please. tia.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: May 03, 2013, 02:51:35 PM »
I hate planning for this trip to london and paris..  :dubious: (steve dave has been a huge help) but this sucks

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: May 03, 2013, 02:55:05 PM »
I hate planning for this trip to london and paris..  :dubious: (steve dave has been a huge help) but this sucks

Just get plane tickets and wing it from there.  That sounds pretty fun.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: May 03, 2013, 03:00:15 PM »

jfc...

planning that trip was a blast.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: May 03, 2013, 04:01:35 PM »

Too good for everyone to see?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: May 03, 2013, 04:07:24 PM »

Skip london and stay in paris. easy.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: May 03, 2013, 04:19:32 PM »
Jesus Christ how much are you going to spend? Just eat the atm fee (not at the airport lol) and be done with it.
I don't exactly have all my purchases mapped out, but like I said, I'd like some pesos if needed. also like I said, I'm willing to eat the atm fee which isn't a big deal at all, but we're staying at the hilton in the corridor b/w the airport and cabo so I don't exactly have the option of walking down the street to find a major bank atm.  my options are pretty much an airport atm, somewhere in san jose, or the resort.

well if you don't want to leave the Hilton just put everything on your room. When you're out and about (if you go out) you can find an atm.

brief update: scrapped the money exchange. called an audible and rented a car for a day at the airport. wanted $65, told him to gtfoomf and talked him down to $20 for 24 hours. rolled the windows down, cranked the ac and tunes up, drove to the Mega store in San Jose, grabbed a sixer of pacifico, drove to a taco stand and grabbed some tacos, drove to the beach for a picnic, drove to the hotel, tossed keys to concierge and told him to have the company come pick it up. would do again.

all this and no mention of how you got the cash? (This inspired my anti-picnic rant, BTW. HOW DID THE SAND TASTE, BEE-YOTCH??? (I don't really think you're a bitch, just wanted to type that out))

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: May 03, 2013, 04:26:31 PM »

Me too, pls.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: travel thread
« Reply #1761 on: May 03, 2013, 04:50:23 PM »

all this and no mention of how you got the cash? (This inspired my anti-picnic rant, BTW. HOW DID THE SAND TASTE, BEE-YOTCH??? (I don't really think you're a bitch, just wanted to type that out))

like I said I skipped the money exchange. paid with csp at Mega and usd at taco stand (raped on rate but only a couple bucks so wgaf).

generally anti-picnic as well but wanted to enjoy the beach and weather. we literally parked on the beach and I wanted to sit in the car and eat but my wife told me to stop being a bitch so I caved. sand was delish washed down with cerveza.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: May 03, 2013, 06:19:22 PM »
they've been posted up here pak'n since 9:00am. all chairs around them have been removed to set up the restaurant patio for the evening. these girls have no fucks to give. #boss

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: May 03, 2013, 07:00:51 PM »
Headed to europe in month, just thought i would post that here.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: May 03, 2013, 07:03:37 PM »

what are you going to wear

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: May 03, 2013, 07:05:49 PM »
Germany this summer....go with pro tips.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: May 03, 2013, 09:11:07 PM »

jfc...

the tube just seems scary bro

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: May 03, 2013, 09:23:02 PM »

jfc...

the tube just seems scary bro
oh man.  you'll have a blast.

i assume you're taking the chunnel to Paris? 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
travel thread
« Reply #1768 on: May 03, 2013, 11:55:20 PM »
I've got him squared away dlew

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: May 04, 2013, 12:30:42 AM »

what are you going to wear

I don't know, I will do my best not to look super americany. Either that or I just wear a bunch of ksu shirts. Those are my 2 options.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: May 04, 2013, 01:11:48 AM »
I've got him squared away dlew
Jolly good, govnah!

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: May 08, 2013, 02:22:34 PM »
Crushing a New Glarus at Mitchell field

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: May 08, 2013, 02:40:45 PM »
Two weeks til San Fran.  Let me know when/where we are paking michigancat

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: May 08, 2013, 03:18:13 PM »
Lady pilot!   :runaway:

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: travel thread
« Reply #1774 on: May 08, 2013, 03:19:02 PM »

alright I'm back and settled in.  not sure what all you want to know.  cabo is gorgeous and will definitely go again but will do some things differently.  seems like there would be a lot more to do in the busy season (whale watching, marlin fishing, etc.)  don't want to write a boring complete trip report that nobody gives a crap about, so you can ask specifics or pm me.