Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1356451 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #15925 on: September 27, 2023, 05:21:19 PM »
I have no idea what the point of global entry is since customs usually takes about 45 seconds now that they just face scan you and identify you as a non-threat or whatever.  Took under a minute at both CDG and ORD.
the point of global entry is why not?
you pay $22 extra over pre check and get pre check plus expedited customs screening

for most of us, this cost is being covered by our credit card perk so why not opt up to GE?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #15926 on: September 27, 2023, 10:21:30 PM »

Oregon is real pretty
:adios:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #15927 on: September 28, 2023, 07:53:22 AM »
have you considered pointing the camera directly at the sun so it's centered in the frame?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15928 on: September 28, 2023, 08:05:23 AM »
yes, as per usual sd offers great advice here
i took the liberty of cropping your photo

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #15929 on: September 28, 2023, 09:20:30 AM »
Need a direct shot of the bridge graffiti.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #15930 on: September 28, 2023, 10:24:37 AM »
yes, as per usual sd offers great advice here
i took the liberty of cropping your photo

:Wha:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15931 on: September 28, 2023, 10:59:40 AM »
incredible time capsule from facebook (desktop) ca. 2007

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15932 on: September 28, 2023, 10:31:03 PM »
I have no idea what the point of global entry is since customs usually takes about 45 seconds now that they just face scan you and identify you as a non-threat or whatever.  Took under a minute at both CDG and ORD.
you pay $22 extra over pre check and get pre check plus expedited customs screening

for most of us, this cost is being covered by our credit card perk so why not opt up to GE?

GE app just released to shoot your own face and not have to deal with crunching down to fit their short people cameras (74"+ get it)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15933 on: September 29, 2023, 06:50:53 AM »

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15934 on: September 29, 2023, 06:50:07 PM »
Is that still LDM? Because it looks identical to the Duluth airport (DLH, if you will).

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15935 on: September 29, 2023, 09:00:54 PM »
I’m guessing that’s the tail end of a one drive that started at RDM.  So another podunk Oregon airport like Medford or something.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #15936 on: September 29, 2023, 09:32:25 PM »
I’m guessing that’s the tail end of a one drive that started at RDM.  So another podunk Oregon airport like Medford or something.
Google Maps agrees

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15937 on: October 02, 2023, 02:08:41 PM »
Google Maps agrees

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

https://jacksoncountyor.org/airport/Amenities/Sky-House-Bar-Grill

Nails

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15938 on: October 04, 2023, 08:13:36 PM »
I went 10 nights in london and paris in november with mrs. dave and I just having carry ons. I think we actually did the same in edinburgh and london same time of year. checked baggage is a massive pita international.

Was this a joint agreement or did you have to pressure to pack that small. That's not happening for me ever and there is really no further discussion about it nor something I'm willing to die on a hill for.

Just saw a picture of Mrs. Titola’s bed covered in clothes as she packs, :lol: at the thought of her trying to pack to an overseas trip with carry ons.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15939 on: October 04, 2023, 08:48:47 PM »
I went 10 nights in london and paris in november with mrs. dave and I just having carry ons. I think we actually did the same in edinburgh and london same time of year. checked baggage is a massive pita international.

Was this a joint agreement or did you have to pressure to pack that small. That's not happening for me ever and there is really no further discussion about it nor something I'm willing to die on a hill for.

Just saw a picture of Mrs. Titola’s bed covered in clothes as she packs, :lol: at the thought of her trying to pack to an overseas trip with carry ons.

:peek:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15940 on: October 10, 2023, 08:57:40 AM »
I'm cold thinking about it

bitch it's going to be 83 degrees and these kids are going to get sent into orbit when I put about 20 yards of slack in this line

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15941 on: October 10, 2023, 09:28:54 AM »
Yes, it was Medford

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15942 on: October 11, 2023, 05:21:29 PM »
I'm cold thinking about it

bitch it's going to be 83 degrees and these kids are going to get sent into orbit when I put about 20 yards of slack in this line
First off all I’d like to thank my father for absolutely brutalizing me on a tube growing up. Lil sd got a lot of stories about it and after a couple mild and then medium runs wanted the gas. Did my best Jesus Christ of nazareth impersonation and said forgive him lord for he knows not what he asks. But HE STILL KEPT ASKING. So I skipped him across the lake on his ass probably 5 full skips. Was so pure. Was ready to go play mini golf from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #15943 on: October 11, 2023, 08:48:24 PM »
I remember [mention]stunted [/mention]that poor unsuspecting fella being right next to the boat in a tube and then said boat gunning it. Then stunted going about 10 feet airborne as soon as the slack was out of the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15944 on: October 21, 2023, 08:14:29 AM »

my global entry was set to expire this week and i’ve been reading that renewal was taking months to complete.  mine took one day, i’m safe and the government knows it.  brag about some stud thing?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15945 on: October 21, 2023, 09:57:33 AM »

my global entry was set to expire this week and i’ve been reading that renewal was taking months to complete.  mine took one day, i’m safe and the government knows it.  brag about some stud thing?

the new global entry kiosks that don't require fingerprints and the camera aimed high enough for anyone of any height kick ass. Got to use it this week. It was weird they still had an agent checking passports after though, the time I used the new kiosks prior to that they just called out your name and let you pass.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15946 on: October 22, 2023, 11:29:50 PM »

The wait times that they tell you that they have is exactly why I didn't get it. I don't have 4-6 months to wait.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #15947 on: October 23, 2023, 07:40:34 AM »
Going to Sedona this week with the in-laws.  Really looking forward to it.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15948 on: October 23, 2023, 08:27:13 AM »

I mine renewed in like a week. So yeah, I think the wait is to set expectations, and if you're clean as a whistle it goes fast.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15949 on: October 23, 2023, 10:44:34 AM »
My global entry has been scheduled to expire for almost 6 months and they just have been giving me a grace period