Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1356538 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #14725 on: May 28, 2022, 05:55:40 PM »
You know, in Iceland, being communally naked with members of the oppo sex is considered normal. Consider booking your Summer 2022 vacations in Iceland. I approve this message.

https://twitter.com/cannonjw/status/1530676254718193665?s=20&t=abXPcwW4RUcV2qSEskw9Ww

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #14726 on: May 28, 2022, 11:33:28 PM »
eff yeah, I am Rick Steve's #teambeard

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #14727 on: May 29, 2022, 06:41:06 AM »
#NOTTOBEARD

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14728 on: May 30, 2022, 01:18:34 AM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #14729 on: May 30, 2022, 10:09:38 AM »
Live look of SD running away

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #14730 on: May 30, 2022, 12:44:30 PM »
TIL I could whip a grizzly bears entire ass

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14731 on: May 31, 2022, 03:47:22 PM »
flights are seriously expensive this summer

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14732 on: May 31, 2022, 03:56:09 PM »
flights are seriously expensive this summer
Outrageously so

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14733 on: May 31, 2022, 03:58:02 PM »
It's so disgusting
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14734 on: May 31, 2022, 05:45:01 PM »
just qualified for my first companion pass OAT, it took a lot longer than expected but whatever, got it locked in for the next 19 months.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #14735 on: June 01, 2022, 09:00:26 AM »
I'm back friends. Recap, Turks and Caicos was pretty great. Best beach and beach type scenery i've ever seen, just beautiful. Resort was pretty great. I haven't been to many all inclusives because I normally like to try different local places, but the food was all pretty good. Great place for kids. Once we got settled, we pretty much let them run to a few areas. They had a diner type restaurant where the kids could order themselves so we would go eat at good places and they went there and ate themselves a few nights which they loved. All in all, B+ to A- type resort.

The travel there and back was a rough ridin' nightmare. We got to MCI 2ish hours before our flight at 7am and the line to check your bag at American was through the whole terminal. We realized the self check line was a bit shorter so we went there. Got through with very little time, but the American people said we'd be fine......Nope, the security line was maybe longer. Everyone was yelling and losing their minds at how long it took just to check a bag. Security was worse, people were really pissed there. No pre check open which really pissed me off. I got back in the American line to see about rebooking as I knew there was no way we were going to make it. While in line Mrs SF asked if she should bribe someone ahead. I just told her good luck and don't get punched in the face. She called me back seconds later and said to haul ass. I thought she got punched in the face, but instead an amazing Go Cats family let us in front. I kept trying to give them money but they wouldn't take it. If that was anyone you guys know, please let me know, they really helped us. Our friends were not so lucky and missed. They rebooked with Southwest the next day and breezed right through. I saw some folks later at the airport on the way back and they said they rebooked with American the next day and it was the exact same. I haven't flown American much at all, but they apparently really suck ass at everything that comes to getting people on airplanes. Then on the way home, our connecting flight from Miami to KC got cancelled just before boarding. It was late so no chance to get home. Got a hotel and was rebooked the next day on the very convenient and totally reasonable flight pattern of Miami to Phoenix, then to KC. There was a bit over an hour connection and our flight was delayed right at an hour. We had to sprint the airport in Phoenix and barely made the connection. So the moral of this story is eff American Air. They sent me $125 in travel credit after I bitched. ha

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14736 on: June 01, 2022, 09:24:15 AM »
I'm glad you didn't die sf, great job.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14737 on: June 01, 2022, 09:27:11 AM »
my goodness that is pretty bad. usually when there are crazy security lines at mci they will walk through and ask if anybody is on X flight to just go to the front of the line

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #14738 on: June 01, 2022, 09:50:27 AM »
my goodness that is pretty bad. usually when there are crazy security lines at mci they will walk through and ask if anybody is on X flight to just go to the front of the line

Yep, we saw that happening at other airports and gladly stepped aside. They didn't do crap and not having the pre check line open was brutal. I mean, being there over 2 hours before should be plenty of time. I'm not sure 3 hours would have gotten us on that day. When we got on the flight, there was a dude behind us that basically cut as well. I said, "yeah, it shouldn't take 2 hours to check a bag" and the guy goes, oh, I just got there and someone let me in front. I hate those assholes.

Also, when we all finally got settled down and the flight took off, I got myself a coffee because I didn't have time to hit Starbucks before the flight obviously. Have a few sips of gross airplane coffee only to notice a tiny hole in the bottom of my cup that was leaking on my pants. Ha.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14739 on: June 01, 2022, 10:03:20 AM »
One of our executives missed their flight out to LA for our meetings two weeks ago because of the 2 hour MCI security line. They were flying UA (not sure of same terminal).

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14740 on: June 01, 2022, 10:13:01 AM »
My sister missed a work trip to Lisbon after arriving 2 hours early was not enough to
get her bag checked for the AA flight from MCI to ORD because none of the kiosks were working

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14741 on: June 01, 2022, 10:22:18 AM »
What's the latest you dudes have ever shown up for a flight? I had an mhk-dfw morning flight where they didn't let me check in because it was 29 minutes from departure time (the flight was delayed so it was 44 minutes actually). Missed that one.

Another from mci-bwi-puj I arrived at the airport at 6am for a 6:20 flight. Bag check was at least an hour, so I walked straight up to the attendant lady that wasn't helping anyone and told her the sitch. She checked my bag and called the gate to wait for me. Breezed though pre-check and was on the plane at 6:17. I felt like a God.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #14742 on: June 01, 2022, 10:24:15 AM »
My sister missed a work trip to Lisbon after arriving 2 hours early was not enough to
get her bag checked for the AA flight from MCI to ORD because none of the kiosks were working

yeah, some were not working and some were being used by dumbasses that prob have a flip phone and just stand there at them waiting for someone to help them which defeats the whole purpose. This was what I wasn't getting though. The line was to just check a rough ridin' bag. I already had my tickets, I literally just needed to give them money and hand them my bag. How rough ridin' hard is that? As i said, i've never flown American much, but since I had to go to 9 airports to get there and back, I started looking around and the American bag check line was always way longer/slower than everyone else. May be just me being pissed at them, but it really seemed like they were just awful at getting bags from people.  :dunno:

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14743 on: June 01, 2022, 10:30:56 AM »
American has been horrible every time I’ve flown them.  Avoid at all costs.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14744 on: June 01, 2022, 11:02:36 AM »
What's the latest you dudes have ever shown up for a flight?

Pre 9/11, when I was young and careless, my goal was to go directly from the parking lot to the gate and arrive at the start of boarding. One time I arrived at the gate after everyone else had already boarded. Ridiculous.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14745 on: June 01, 2022, 11:12:04 AM »
I'm back friends. Recap, Turks and Caicos was pretty great. Best beach and beach type scenery i've ever seen, just beautiful. Resort was pretty great. I haven't been to many all inclusives because I normally like to try different local places, but the food was all pretty good. Great place for kids. Once we got settled, we pretty much let them run to a few areas. They had a diner type restaurant where the kids could order themselves so we would go eat at good places and they went there and ate themselves a few nights which they loved. All in all, B+ to A- type resort.

what resort was it?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14746 on: June 01, 2022, 11:38:57 AM »
I had a pleasurable experience flying them last week out of OMA.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14747 on: June 01, 2022, 11:43:14 AM »
Honestly sounds like an MCI problem as much as anything

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14748 on: June 01, 2022, 11:47:29 AM »
In and out of DFW for me.  Of all places, you’d think they would be on top of it there.  Delayed 100% of the time.  But honestly have avoided them for a few years now, so maybe they’ve improved.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14749 on: June 01, 2022, 11:51:33 AM »
In and out of DFW for me.  Of all places, you’d think they would be on top of it there.  Delayed 100% of the time.  But honestly have avoided them for a few years now, so maybe they’ve improved.
Every single airline has delays and cancellations but the MCI security clusterfuck seems particularly unique