Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1354043 times)

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #14675 on: May 25, 2022, 09:20:18 PM »
LOL are you the rough ridin' president and vice president??? That's wild
I wouldn’t even consider myself the head of household.  Like i said, family members started pressing the idea.  Wanted to make sure i wasn’t being a difficult ahole by not taking the idea under any consideration.

I can't quite put my finger on why I think it is so ridiculous (aside from being statistically irrational) but it is absolutely absurd and I have never heard of it as a concept outside of the president and vice president.

Maybe it's a little bit narcissistic/martyr-ish? Maybe I'm just a weirdo? Either way you should take the same flight as your wife.
Im more irritated that i agreed to the middle seat on a 9 hour flight.  So that’s where my mindset is.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14676 on: May 25, 2022, 09:24:20 PM »
There's a case to be made that it would actually be better for a family to all go out together. I personally wouldn't go that far, but I think it's very reasonable.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14677 on: May 25, 2022, 09:26:24 PM »
There's a case to be made that it would actually be better for a family to all go out together. I personally wouldn't go that far, but I think it's very reasonable.
My best explanation is that these individuals are well into there 60’s to early 70’s and have probably flown a hand full of times in their lives.  Probably a lack of appreciation how safe air travel is.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14678 on: May 25, 2022, 09:56:49 PM »
My best explanation is that these individuals are well into there 60’s to early 70’s and have probably flown a hand full of times in their lives.  Probably a lack of appreciation how safe air travel is.
Ah that makes a little more sense than the Kennedys of Johnson County doing it

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14679 on: May 25, 2022, 09:58:17 PM »
If Jesus calls me home in a plane crash, then it was my time. Who are any of us to question His will?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #14680 on: May 25, 2022, 09:59:51 PM »
Ah that makes a little more sense than the Kennedys of Johnson County doing it
:crossfingers:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14681 on: May 26, 2022, 12:57:09 AM »
wait you're related to Justwin?

:lol:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14682 on: May 26, 2022, 06:38:55 AM »
I knew the Bramlage family that died in a plane crash together, which was awful. But they were flying a small plane and that is not something that would cross my mind.

I was thinking of the same situation.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14683 on: May 26, 2022, 06:40:50 AM »
When I watch my sibling's kids when they take a trip I joked about separate flights because I don't want to be stuck raising kids but it's never been a serious request

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14684 on: May 26, 2022, 09:03:46 AM »
When I watch my sibling's kids when they take a trip I joked about separate flights because I don't want to be stuck raising kids but it's never been a serious request

FYI we’re updating our death documents & we’re changing them so you to get ours too.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14685 on: May 26, 2022, 09:04:52 AM »

FYI we’re updating our death documents & we’re changing them so you to get ours too.

pwned

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14686 on: May 26, 2022, 09:26:33 AM »

No loving parent would do that to their kids.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14687 on: May 26, 2022, 09:38:52 AM »
LOL are you the rough ridin' president and vice president??? That's wild
Lay off the caffeine, Mich. It’s a reasonable thought process by younger parents that haven’t traveled the globe.

Ok Kamala

lol savage

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14688 on: May 26, 2022, 09:49:03 AM »
lol. Not really.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14689 on: May 26, 2022, 09:57:26 AM »
I knew the Bramlage family that died in a plane crash together, which was awful. But they were flying a small plane and that is not something that would cross my mind.
I flew in a family friends plane down to Ft. Worth for a K-State-TCU game. That same plane crashed a month later due to maintenance issues when their family friend flew it, killing everyone on board. It's a pretty basic anxiety people have. Welcome to my TED talk.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14690 on: May 26, 2022, 09:59:01 AM »
Small planes crash all the time.  I would absolutely understand 2 parents not wanting to be on the same small plane.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #14691 on: May 26, 2022, 10:01:41 AM »
We had a plane growing up. Beechcraft Bonanza. The nickname for the plane (not ours specifically, that type of plane) was Doctor Killer.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14692 on: May 26, 2022, 10:47:53 AM »
Has anyone with very young children, taken a separate flight than the significant other?

We have 2 big trips this year without the kids.  And family members are pulling the concerned card because we aren’t taking separate flights.  I don’t plan on changing that, but wondered if this was a common practice here.

When I first read this I took it to mean so you could get solo alone time away from the SO. ha!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
travel thread
« Reply #14693 on: May 26, 2022, 11:09:55 AM »
My employer will force me and some of my peers to fly on different flights. Kind of a weird thing to have to do but my company is for sure the type that would think of that crap.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14694 on: May 26, 2022, 11:14:23 AM »
We've almost done separate flights before, but only to cut costs and we decided it wasn't worth the hassle. I get all my delta points from work and all my SW points from my card.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14695 on: May 26, 2022, 11:21:12 AM »
We had a plane growing up. Beechcraft Bonanza. The nickname for the plane (not ours specifically, that type of plane) was Doctor Killer.

HAd a dentist bro who was a very sketchy pilot but rides to MHK for games were a lot quicker

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14696 on: May 26, 2022, 11:21:46 AM »
My employer will force me and some of my peers to fly on different flights. Kind of a weird thing to have to do but my company is for sure the type that would think of that crap.

We do that but only for the 1%rs. SD is irreplaceable!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14697 on: May 26, 2022, 11:25:54 AM »

HAd a dentist bro who was a very sketchy pilot but rides to MHK for games were a lot quicker
Sold advertising to a Scott City dude who was a dust cropper when I was in Garden City. He flew me to a few games while I was there. It was always interesting.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14698 on: May 26, 2022, 02:04:40 PM »

Sold advertising to a Scott City dude who was a dust cropper when I was in Garden City. He flew me to a few games while I was there. It was always interesting.

:D
@mikec2w

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14699 on: May 26, 2022, 02:27:16 PM »

:D

lol, that one is hilarious