Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1357617 times)

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #14525 on: May 06, 2022, 10:19:50 AM »
Any city that isn't by a body of water should be banned from elite status talk.

Denver would like a word!  :shakesfist:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #14526 on: May 06, 2022, 10:23:08 AM »
Any city that isn't by a body of water should be banned from elite status talk.

Denver would like a word!  :shakesfist:
/Mountains!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14527 on: May 06, 2022, 10:24:07 AM »
Denver doesn't have any mountains and is just the Kansas City of the front range with a longer train line

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14528 on: May 06, 2022, 10:25:12 AM »
Denver doesn't have any mountains and is just the Kansas City of the front range with a longer train line
"oh wow I love this city because of how you can leave it and do cool stuff"

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14529 on: May 06, 2022, 10:26:41 AM »
The unique thing about KC is that it’s 100% suburbs

wut

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14530 on: May 06, 2022, 10:27:53 AM »

That is absolutely not true... when was the last time you visited just Denver (did not leave to go to the mountains)?

Having all 4 major sports teams downtown beats KC with just that.   The Denver light rail sucks though.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14531 on: May 06, 2022, 10:30:00 AM »

i agree with the premise mostly, but have you looked at their train system recently? it's pretty incred

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14532 on: May 06, 2022, 10:31:00 AM »

That is absolutely not true... when was the last time you visited just Denver (did not leave to go to the mountains)?

Having all 4 major sports teams downtown beats KC with just that.   The Denver light rail sucks though.
Four or five years ago. Like I give a crap about hockey or a downtown NFL game

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14533 on: May 06, 2022, 10:31:25 AM »

i agree with the premise mostly, but have you looked at their train system recently? it's pretty incred

Of course I haven't LMAO

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14534 on: May 06, 2022, 10:32:14 AM »
No one I know in Denver ever rides the trains

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14535 on: May 06, 2022, 10:32:28 AM »
The Denver light rail sucks though.

compared to what? not having one at all? what are you talking about. you can take a train from the airport to union station for like $9 every 30 minutes. and now there is a train from there to all directions of the suburbs

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14536 on: May 06, 2022, 10:33:16 AM »
No one I know in Denver ever rides the trains

oh case closed i guess

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14537 on: May 06, 2022, 10:34:38 AM »

Of course I haven't LMAO

well you brought it up

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14538 on: May 06, 2022, 10:35:10 AM »

Yeah the city has changed quite a bit in the last 4 years.  You can spend a whole week hopping around eating and drinking.  Denver has way more breweries than KC too.  I also don't give a crap about a downtown NFL game (except when the Chiefs play there), eff THE BRONCOS!  But Coors Field is the crap, and they just opened Denver's version of PNL right across the street from it.  Also Nuggets and Avs games are a blast... all within walking distance.  KC is no comparison IMO.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14539 on: May 06, 2022, 10:35:18 AM »
Being able to see Mountains in the background of a city is a big deal to me. Denver > KC, for sure, but I bet the people suck more there, because I've encountered Broncos fans.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14540 on: May 06, 2022, 10:36:42 AM »
I mean I was acknowledging it was better than Kansas City's little toy train. :dunno:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14541 on: May 06, 2022, 10:37:55 AM »
I think the top cities that I haven't visited yet goes: 1. Boston and 2. Seattle. Seattle looks beautiful, but I'm not sure I could deal with the smelly environment of grainy hipster dbags. Not good for my NIL.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14542 on: May 06, 2022, 10:38:34 AM »
The Denver light rail sucks though.

compared to what? not having one at all? what are you talking about. you can take a train from the airport to union station for like $9 every 30 minutes. and now there is a train from there to all directions of the suburbs

Yeah it's probably better than not having one.  The train to the airport is the best part about the system.  And it doesn't actually service as many burbs as you think.  Taking it from the DTC to downtown takes so long I would rather pay for an uber.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14543 on: May 06, 2022, 10:39:20 AM »

Yeah the city has changed quite a bit in the last 4 years.  You can spend a whole week hopping around eating and drinking.  Denver has way more breweries than KC too.  I also don't give a crap about a downtown NFL game (except when the Chiefs play there), eff THE BRONCOS!  But Coors Field is the crap, and they just opened Denver's version of PNL right across the street from it.  Also Nuggets and Avs games are a blast... all within walking distance.  KC is no comparison IMO.

Honestly having forty breweries vs twenty does not matter a single bit. Having a power and light district next to a baseball stadium is also not a selling point.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14544 on: May 06, 2022, 10:42:34 AM »
Denver is great for KC'rs because you can get like a $99 roundtrip flight on Southwest. Once you get there, you can get some good food in the city and then drive right up into the mountains.

Plus.... CASA BONITA!!! :love:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14545 on: May 06, 2022, 10:43:12 AM »
Not that I think Dallas is the bee's knees, because I have no real attachment to it, but what does one do in any city? What does one do in Kansas City?

I'm a KC stan but I mean we all get it's no tourist dream. WW1 and nlbm is the best two things for anybody in the country to come see. Nelson too. That's about it. Rest is regional tourism stuff

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14546 on: May 06, 2022, 10:44:22 AM »

Honestly having forty breweries vs twenty does not matter a single bit. Having a power and light district next to a baseball stadium is also not a selling point.

It's more about how you have to get to the next one when you are doing a brewery crawl!  I get it, you don't like Denver much, that's fine.  But you should visit again anyway!

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14547 on: May 06, 2022, 10:44:50 AM »
I mean I was acknowledging it was better than Kansas City's little toy train. :dunno:

yeah i'm just saying it's more than a "longer train line", they have a whole network now. kc will never have anything like this, even though the sprawl and density are very similar between the two metros

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14548 on: May 06, 2022, 10:45:33 AM »
Denver is great for KC'rs because you can get like a $99 roundtrip flight on Southwest. Once you get there, you can get some good food in the city and then drive right up into the mountains.

Plus.... CASA BONITA!!! :love:

KC food scene is 10x Denver though.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14549 on: May 06, 2022, 10:46:13 AM »
I like Denver and I like Kansas City!