Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1347587 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #13675 on: September 23, 2021, 09:19:49 PM »
We talkin' like the northeast part of the southeast part or somethin?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13676 on: September 23, 2021, 09:27:40 PM »
the north part of LA isn't the beach part is what I'm thinking they are saying. but I'm not sure you are saying it's an actual beach or just comparing the draw of it to a beach destination ("that's like the beach destination"). maybe they are the ones getting ZAPP'D soon?

I'm legit trying to figure it out, because I don't live too far from Northern Looosiana. Interesting theory regarding some form of analogy, but how do you square this, though? -- "His clients always give us a free play [sic] to stay right off the beach there."

I think because his brother lives in Northern Louisiana, his brother has an "in" on Florida beach destinations. Florida beaches are like the beach destination for the dirty south (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, etc.)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #13677 on: September 23, 2021, 09:41:24 PM »
Bingo! Mich can understand #fanningstuff so well. I’m a Geography minor, so my mind was blowing up on this. I think that’s just where Monroe, LA people go for a key beach destination, semi close. He trains a lot of old $ there (Monroe) and they all have places there for some reason. New Orleans too. Always great to have free places to stay, in fun places.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #13678 on: September 23, 2021, 09:46:32 PM »
CASE CLOSED YOUR HONOR! SPRACNE LOSES THIS ONE FOR SURE!

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13679 on: September 23, 2021, 09:49:00 PM »
Well eff me....

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13680 on: September 23, 2021, 09:51:44 PM »
 :love: :lol:

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13681 on: September 24, 2021, 03:17:42 PM »
the north part of LA isn't the beach part is what I'm thinking they are saying. but I'm not sure you are saying it's an actual beach or just comparing the draw of it to a beach destination ("that's like the beach destination"). maybe they are the ones getting ZAPP'D soon?

I'm legit trying to figure it out, because I don't live too far from Northern Looosiana. Interesting theory regarding some form of analogy, but how do you square this, though? -- "His clients always give us a free play [sic] to stay right off the beach there."

I think because his brother lives in Northern Louisiana, his brother has an "in" on Florida beach destinations. Florida beaches are like the beach destination for the dirty south (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, etc.)

I had to go back and re-read a couple of times then I figured it out...makes more sense when you read the two posts together:

Using points both through Delta and Southwest, we booked all 3 of us roundtrip down to Perdido Key, FL for $800 for Thanksgiving week. That's quite the deal! :gocho:

Also, sucks having to pay for our kid now on flights.  :Yuck:

My brother lives in Northeast Louisiana. That’s like the beach destination for the dirty south (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, etc.). His clients always give us a free place to stay right off the beach there. It’s a no brainer for him.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13682 on: September 24, 2021, 07:44:54 PM »

I had to go back and re-read a couple of times then I figured it out...makes more sense when you read the two posts together:

Using points both through Delta and Southwest, we booked all 3 of us roundtrip down to Perdido Key, FL for $800 for Thanksgiving week. That's quite the deal! :gocho:

Also, sucks having to pay for our kid now on flights.  :Yuck:

My brother lives in Northeast Louisiana. That’s like the beach destination for the dirty south (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, etc.). His clients always give us a free place to stay right off the beach there. It’s a no brainer for him.

Just a classic case of absent-minded Thirsty Thursday posting on my part. Didn't have my head on a swivel.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13683 on: September 24, 2021, 11:13:41 PM »
What an idiot!!! :D :D

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13684 on: September 27, 2021, 10:31:16 AM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13685 on: September 27, 2021, 10:56:55 AM »
lmao, that’s wild

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #13686 on: September 27, 2021, 11:04:36 AM »
that is great. I can see them getting ready to leave and taking mental notes of things they might forget in their carryons. Headphones, iPads, kids snacks, extra batteries, chargers....8 port surge protector for the plane. haha

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
travel thread
« Reply #13687 on: September 27, 2021, 04:15:52 PM »
I used to take surge protectors on cruises and then they confiscated it from me. And my gallon of Tito’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #13688 on: September 28, 2021, 04:53:58 PM »
@steve dave
Any recommendos on rear facing vs front facing car seat on the plane? our kid is under a year so i think technically needs to be rear facing, but his weight is high enough he can do front facing.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13689 on: September 28, 2021, 05:22:42 PM »
@steve dave
Any recommendos on rear facing vs front facing car seat on the plane? our kid is under a year so i think technically needs to be rear facing, but his weight is high enough he can do front facing.
As someone who has never done this, rear-facing seems like it would be easier for you if you are sitting next to it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13690 on: September 28, 2021, 05:26:45 PM »
@steve dave
As someone who has never done this, rear-facing seems like it would be easier for you if you are sitting next to it.

You might think that, but front-facing baby seats are statistically better at protecting babies in the event a commercial airplane falls out of the sky.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #13691 on: September 28, 2021, 05:29:17 PM »
Looking for a weekend getaway with Mrs. SF. Something with a direct flight from KC, pref Southwest. Thinking Charleston as I've heard that's a pretty cool area to walk around and eat and drink. That is really our only requirement. A place where we can walk to several places and just kind of wander. Any tips are appreciated.

FYI, this will all most likely be pointless. Mrs SF said she wants to do this, but will almost surely back out when I try and nail down a weekend.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13692 on: September 28, 2021, 05:30:59 PM »
@steve dave

Rear facing is easier, but our last flight the airline (Hawaiian) made us have it front facing so the seat in front of us could recline.   :jerk:

We didn't buy the seat though, just happened to be an empty one available.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13693 on: September 28, 2021, 05:38:53 PM »
Sweetie, you did an amazing job with buckling little WW into the seat there. I asked Steve Dave online what he thought about this, though, and I really think we need to turn the seat around to face the opposite direction.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13694 on: September 28, 2021, 05:40:34 PM »
Looking for a weekend getaway with Mrs. SF. Something with a direct flight from KC, pref Southwest. Thinking Charleston as I've heard that's a pretty cool area to walk around and eat and drink. That is really our only requirement. A place where we can walk to several places and just kind of wander. Any tips are appreciated.

FYI, this will all most likely be pointless. Mrs SF said she wants to do this, but will almost surely back out when I try and nail down a weekend.

I did Charleston a couple years back. I'd say there.  Portland, ME/OR would be good choices but I don't think ME has a direct.  Always Austin too.  Milwaukee is pretty fun.  New Orleans?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #13695 on: September 28, 2021, 09:47:56 PM »
Sweetie, you did an amazing job with buckling little WW into the seat there. I asked Steve Dave online what he thought about this, though, and I really think we need to turn the seat around to face the opposite direction.

:lol:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
travel thread
« Reply #13696 on: September 29, 2021, 05:56:58 AM »
@steve dave

You might think that, but front-facing baby seats are statistically better at protecting babies in the event a commercial airplane falls out of the sky.
Yeah, we only did rear facing once. They are a PITA to get in rear facing. The seat is mostly to keep them comfortable and really only to protect the kid from hitting the ceiling during big turbulence which basically means anchoring them to their seat to direction doesn’t matter.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13697 on: September 29, 2021, 06:01:12 AM »
ww's trip stresses me out, man

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13698 on: September 29, 2021, 06:38:55 AM »
I was pretty stressed out the first time I flew with a baby. I get it for sure.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13699 on: September 29, 2021, 07:33:52 AM »

I did Charleston a couple years back. I'd say there.  Portland, ME/OR would be good choices but I don't think ME has a direct.  Always Austin too.  Milwaukee is pretty fun.  New Orleans?

i don't think you can get to charleston from kc on sw direct?