Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1352677 times)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #13700 on: September 29, 2021, 08:19:47 AM »
Thanks. wasn't concerned about the safety aspect as Spracne eloquently pointed out. Just was curious what was the easiest to install + best access to get him in and out of the seat during the flight + best view for him to be a looky loo. Him staring at everyone is my favorite part of taking him in public right now tbh.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13701 on: September 29, 2021, 08:24:33 AM »
Looking for a weekend getaway with Mrs. SF. Something with a direct flight from KC, pref Southwest. Thinking Charleston as I've heard that's a pretty cool area to walk around and eat and drink. That is really our only requirement. A place where we can walk to several places and just kind of wander. Any tips are appreciated.

FYI, this will all most likely be pointless. Mrs SF said she wants to do this, but will almost surely back out when I try and nail down a weekend.

I did Charleston a couple years back. I'd say there.  Portland, ME/OR would be good choices but I don't think ME has a direct.  Always Austin too.  Milwaukee is pretty fun.  New Orleans?

i don't think you can get to charleston from kc on sw direct?

https://flykci.com/flight-information/nonstop-destinations/
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13702 on: September 29, 2021, 09:45:02 AM »
Looking for a weekend getaway with Mrs. SF. Something with a direct flight from KC, pref Southwest. Thinking Charleston as I've heard that's a pretty cool area to walk around and eat and drink. That is really our only requirement. A place where we can walk to several places and just kind of wander. Any tips are appreciated.

FYI, this will all most likely be pointless. Mrs SF said she wants to do this, but will almost surely back out when I try and nail down a weekend.

I did Charleston a couple years back. I'd say there.  Portland, ME/OR would be good choices but I don't think ME has a direct.  Always Austin too.  Milwaukee is pretty fun.  New Orleans?

Stay away from Portland, OR right now.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13703 on: September 29, 2021, 09:48:28 AM »
Why?

Online kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13704 on: September 29, 2021, 10:02:24 AM »
Why?

Was just there a few weeks ago... there is still a lot of remnants from the riots.  Homeless camps strewn about, needles on the sidewalks, etc.  It is unfortunate, but the city hasn't done much to clean it up yet.  Bend, OR would be a much better spot in the PNW to visit.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #13705 on: September 29, 2021, 10:16:29 AM »
Why?

Was just there a few weeks ago... there is still a lot of remnants from the riots.  Homeless camps strewn about, needles on the sidewalks, etc.  It is unfortunate, but the city hasn't done much to clean it up yet.  Bend, OR would be a much better spot in the PNW to visit.

My wife and I aren't afraid of those damn liberal hippy Antifas. Thanks for the heads up though!

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13706 on: September 29, 2021, 10:42:00 AM »
 :lol:

Online kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13707 on: September 29, 2021, 11:03:12 AM »
Why?

My wife and I aren't afraid of those damn liberal hippy Antifas. Thanks for the heads up though!

Lolz

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #13708 on: September 29, 2021, 11:10:13 AM »

Charleston is a fun place. not going to be within walking distance but holy city brewery is a good spot if you are feeling fancy the palmetto is nice as well.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #13709 on: September 29, 2021, 11:24:26 AM »
Why?

Yeah, that sounds awful. Especially on vacation. Woof! The whole point of vacation is to get away from the noise. Good advice, K4life!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13710 on: September 29, 2021, 11:36:41 AM »
Why?

Homeless camps and needles long predate riots. Maybe you meant that as two separate things and that there’s still some spare hot topic gear laying around in addition to the tents/needles.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13711 on: September 29, 2021, 11:39:00 AM »
As always, absent prohibitive weather, the answer for this is chicago.

Online kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13712 on: September 29, 2021, 11:58:28 AM »
Why?

Yeah, that sounds awful. Especially on vacation. Woof! The whole point of vacation is to get away from the noise. Good advice, K4life!

Yeah it's tough.  We are moving to Vancouver, WA next spring (across the border from Portland), and even our friends that live there tell us to stay away from Portland.  I live in Denver now, so a lot of what I mentioned above isn't uncommon here either, but it is definitely worse there, at least for now.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13713 on: September 29, 2021, 12:00:44 PM »
 :thumbs:

Yeah, lovely places to visit, but not when you're in the crap and Portland isn't big enough to be out of the crap there.

Online kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13714 on: September 29, 2021, 12:01:21 PM »
Why?

Homeless camps and needles long predate riots. Maybe you meant that as two separate things and that there%u2019s still some spare hot topic gear laying around in addition to the tents/needles.

No I agree.. I think that those things are worse because of the riots.  Like cleanup efforts are just non existent.  There used to be an instragram account "portlandlookslikeshit" that would show all of these things, but it was suspended because someone posted a video of a murder to it.

crap, they had to move an LPGA event to the burbs because of it.  https://www.yahoo.com/now/portland-moves-womens-golf-tournament-143600940.html

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #13715 on: September 29, 2021, 12:05:31 PM »
Why?

Homeless camps and needles long predate riots. Maybe you meant that as two separate things and that there%u2019s still some spare hot topic gear laying around in addition to the tents/needles.

No I agree.. I think that those things are worse because of the riots.  Like cleanup efforts are just non existent.  There used to be an instragram account "portlandlookslikeshit" that would show all of these things, but it was suspended because someone posted a video of a murder to it.

crap, they had to move an LPGA event to the burbs because of it.  https://www.yahoo.com/now/portland-moves-womens-golf-tournament-143600940.html

yep, do you know how many murders there are in Chicago on a daily basis????

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #13716 on: September 29, 2021, 12:13:00 PM »
Why?

Last time we went there they tried to make Mrs SF get an abortion and our kid is 7.

Last one I promise

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13717 on: September 29, 2021, 12:38:04 PM »

Yeah, lovely places to visit, but not when you're in the crap and Portland isn't big enough to be out of the crap there.

What does this mean?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13718 on: September 29, 2021, 12:50:44 PM »
When Hyatt says they’re not accepting points during those dates is there anyway around that bc it seems like bullshit to me.  And it doesn’t seem like a there is no standard room available issue.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 12:54:40 PM by kim carnes »

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13719 on: September 29, 2021, 12:56:54 PM »
Why?

Last time we went there they tried to make Mrs SF get an abortion and our kid is 7.

Last one I promise
:ROFL:
:adios:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #13720 on: September 29, 2021, 01:02:09 PM »
When Hyatt says they’re not accepting points during those dates is there anyway around that bc it seems like bullshit to me.  And it doesn’t seem like a there is no standard room available issue.
Not in my experience. It’s the hotel themself doing it. It pisses me off. Like the Andaz Maui will have 4 “standard” rooms available per day or some crap. The rest are “deluxe” etc because they say they are.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13721 on: September 29, 2021, 01:09:33 PM »

What does this mean?
Portland is a significantly smaller city compared to the other liberal cities he posted above. The greatest attributes to it is Downtown (other than leaving the physical city). I think if you want to stay away from the noise on vacation, that would be a super hard place to do it.  :th_twocents:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13722 on: September 29, 2021, 01:12:12 PM »
Also, for those trying to read between the lines & being lol about it, #MAGA!!!!

Online kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13723 on: September 29, 2021, 01:20:24 PM »
Not in my experience. It’s the hotel themself doing it. It pisses me off. Like the Andaz Maui will have 4 “standard” rooms available per day or some crap. The rest are “deluxe” etc because they say they are.

Well damn

Online kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13724 on: September 29, 2021, 01:24:20 PM »
Bunch of gd scam artists