Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1357614 times)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #4625 on: July 07, 2014, 04:28:40 PM »
:surprised:

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: July 07, 2014, 06:51:50 PM »

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: July 07, 2014, 06:52:27 PM »
A poster on this board got mugged once in Lawrence. He was pretty shaken up about it.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 07:27:41 PM by Dlew12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: July 07, 2014, 06:53:36 PM »
did he get your points

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: July 07, 2014, 06:55:16 PM »
I got mugged one time, but I bent the guys arm behind his back, threw his gun on the roof of a house and took his wallet instead.  :gocho:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: July 07, 2014, 06:58:13 PM »
Mine was a Bay Area joke guys

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: July 07, 2014, 07:04:11 PM »
we were worried about you bad person!

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: July 07, 2014, 07:27:07 PM »
It's ok.  The guy I was talking about was only messing around too because he lost his wallet when he was blacked out and needed a good excuse for his parents.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: July 07, 2014, 08:30:36 PM »
Does US Airways give free booze on Transatlantic flights?

confirmed, btw.

Flew Aegean and Alitalia on a couple times last week. Why do Euro airlines seem much more flyer friendly (attendants, snacks, the free booze, etc...) than US airlines? Less competition, culture?

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: July 07, 2014, 10:07:44 PM »

JFC, I guess I didn't mention that these trip ideas are really for my knocked up Canadian friend... :facepalm:

more of a anniversary/last opportunity (for a few years) to take a parents only trip before kid #2 comes. Neither are big drinkers (and one can't), and both are typically pretty adventurous, however with one being 5 mo preg, super adventurous options are limited.  They would never normally do a all-inclusive gig, because that is just not appealing to them. 

Have passports and money, will travel.  They could do, and probably will someday w/kids, a trip to LoOz.

SluCat, this is a great reason to take a trip. Not sure why everyone is hating on your pregnant Canadian friend.

A young WonderMeal and his WonderBride honeymooned on the Cayman Islands.  (No Katdaddy) We stayed on the quiet side of the island, which was pretty awesome. We only went to the main city (George Town?) once, and it didn't seem like there was a whole lot going on there. We did rent snorkeling gear for the week and just did it whenever we wanted. Also fed manta rays from our hands and ate some good food out of restaurants people had set up in their garages.

What I'm saying is: would do again, especially if I was Canadian and pregnant.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4635 on: July 07, 2014, 10:16:57 PM »
Multiple Choice of midwest airports:  Midway, Louisville, Nashville, Cleveland

A)

B)

C)

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: July 07, 2014, 10:47:12 PM »
C is Nashville, unless they're all Nashville, in which case...Nashville
emaw

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: July 07, 2014, 10:52:22 PM »
B is Midway

and I'll go A being Cleveland

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: July 07, 2014, 11:01:38 PM »
I'll say A is Louisville because I'm an bad person
emaw

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: July 07, 2014, 11:47:17 PM »
B is Midway

and I'll go A being Cleveland

Correct

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: July 07, 2014, 11:48:13 PM »
C is Nashville, unless they're all Nashville, in which case...Nashville

Correct . only C

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: July 08, 2014, 08:16:10 AM »

JFC, I guess I didn't mention that these trip ideas are really for my knocked up Canadian friend... :facepalm:

more of a anniversary/last opportunity (for a few years) to take a parents only trip before kid #2 comes. Neither are big drinkers (and one can't), and both are typically pretty adventurous, however with one being 5 mo preg, super adventurous options are limited.  They would never normally do a all-inclusive gig, because that is just not appealing to them. 

Have passports and money, will travel.  They could do, and probably will someday w/kids, a trip to LoOz.

SluCat, this is a great reason to take a trip. Not sure why everyone is hating on your pregnant Canadian friend.

A young WonderMeal and his WonderBride honeymooned on the Cayman Islands.  (No Katdaddy) We stayed on the quiet side of the island, which was pretty awesome. We only went to the main city (George Town?) once, and it didn't seem like there was a whole lot going on there. We did rent snorkeling gear for the week and just did it whenever we wanted. Also fed manta rays from our hands and ate some good food out of restaurants people had set up in their garages.

TY, WM

(and Mrs. G, from a few posts back).

The rest of you can suck it.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: July 08, 2014, 08:30:33 AM »

TY, WM

what in the living eff was wrong with my multiple suggestions?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: July 08, 2014, 08:31:34 AM »

TY, WM

yeah. start a fight with the preggo. great call there, sd.  :lol:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: July 08, 2014, 08:48:05 AM »

TY, WM

Eating meals out of people's garages is a great idea for the mother to be. You suggested New York, bad person.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: July 08, 2014, 08:49:47 AM »

TY, WM

Eating meals out of people's garages is a great idea for the mother to be. You suggested New York, bad person.

I specifically didn't suggest NY (but not for garage eating reasons)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: July 08, 2014, 08:52:01 AM »

TY, WM

I specifically didn't suggest NY (but not for garage eating reasons)

Montreal, whatever. Why did you have to be such a dickhead?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: July 08, 2014, 10:29:45 AM »
I will be visiting Clearwater over Labor Day.  :dunno:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: July 08, 2014, 10:32:23 AM »

clearwater beach is bitb in the sand game. best sand in the usa, you say? yep. probably.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: July 08, 2014, 11:48:19 AM »

clearwater beach is bitb in the sand game. best sand in the usa, you say? yep. probably.
:excited: