Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1355159 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #13000 on: April 23, 2021, 09:49:30 AM »
The next time I ride Jungle Cruise I will not be thinking about the gloriously entertaining puns of the skippers, I will be thinking about Disney’s political agenda. That’s a mood killer.
You should ride through the Africa section of Its A Small World

:sdeek:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #13001 on: April 23, 2021, 09:53:39 AM »
lmao I have never gotten that feeling at all. Maybe I’m an oblivious white POS though.

We also did a Road to Hana app that was great and on the way back it was basically a Hawaiian history podcast that was really informative but pretty depressing at the same time. Also we were sort of part of the early pandemic crowd which may have made a bit of an impact.

Staying woke
Saying "woke" to own the libs
LMAO

https://twitter.com/orlandosentinel/status/1385581448363716608
that guy see's everything.. easy to stay woke that way.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #13002 on: April 23, 2021, 10:41:20 AM »
lmao I have never gotten that feeling at all. Maybe I’m an oblivious white POS though.

We also did a Road to Hana app that was great and on the way back it was basically a Hawaiian history podcast that was really informative but pretty depressing at the same time. Also we were sort of part of the early pandemic crowd which may have made a bit of an impact.

Staying woke
Saying "woke" to own the libs
LMAO

https://twitter.com/orlandosentinel/status/1385581448363716608

If I had read this someone who makes me uncomfortable rant and then had a professional sketch out what I though this guy looked like, it would look exactly like this guy. People have just lost their minds.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #13003 on: April 26, 2021, 08:28:29 AM »
Heading to Tahoe in early June with a buddy and am looking for any pro tips. I went to a wedding in Incline Village a couple of years ago but wedding events took up most of the trip so we didn't do much else.

We will be staying at Harrah's in South Lake Tahoe and am looking for some stuff to do during the day. Thinking about a fishing charter/Booze Cruise around the lake etc etc.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13004 on: April 26, 2021, 08:47:55 AM »
I have only been in the summer when I was a kid but just FYI the water is still pretty cold in June.

Mountain biking is a pretty big deal, crap loads of trails for that. The gondola at heavenly will give you some top tier views.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13005 on: April 26, 2021, 12:27:25 PM »
There are good hikes all around. I like Eagle Falls which isn't far from South Lake Tahoe. I don't know what else people do there all summer TBH, I've only been there for like a day or two at a time. I don't think boating or fishing is very big but it could just be who I know that goes there every summer.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #13007 on: April 26, 2021, 01:22:43 PM »
SIAP

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/04/26/990818111/vaccinated-u-s-travelers-will-be-allowed-to-visit-europe-again-starting-this-sum

American tourists who have been fully vaccinated will be allowed to visit the European Union this summer, according to officials in Brussels.

Ursula von der Leyen, president of the European Commission, said she expects all 27 EU member states will accept travelers who've received COVID-19 vaccines that the European Medicines Agency has approved. That would include the three vaccines that have been authorized for use in the United States — Moderna, Johnson & Johnson and Pfizer-BioNTech.

"This will enable free movement and travel to the European Union," von der Leyen said

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #13008 on: April 26, 2021, 02:00:12 PM »
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/04/25/us/hawaii-u-haul-tourist-rental-trnd/index.html

Ha, see above. Expedia tells me I have a Jeep for $1300 for 6 days, but i'm a bit skeptical since all other rental car places were sold out. My buddy just got back and he told me about the Uhaul thing. That is wild. If I don't get a car, I'm just going to stay and drink a lot at the resort. BFD I say.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13009 on: April 26, 2021, 02:21:49 PM »
if you go to Kauai and don't get a boat tour of the Napali coast i will be upset with you

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13010 on: April 26, 2021, 02:30:10 PM »
if you go to Kauai and don't get a boat tour of the Napali coast i will be upset with you

what about 'copter

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #13011 on: April 26, 2021, 02:32:21 PM »
Florida is wide open. Get your jabs and enjoy. Currently, working on the condo balcony enjoying the crashing waves.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13012 on: April 26, 2021, 02:39:37 PM »
Florida is wide open. Get your jabs and enjoy. Currently, working on the condo balcony enjoying the crashing waves.

That sounds terrific.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13013 on: April 26, 2021, 02:40:25 PM »

what about 'copter

would suggest doing the boat tour prior to dying in the helicopter crash

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13014 on: April 26, 2021, 02:41:49 PM »

what about 'copter

I did the chopper tour of the Napli coast in summer of 2000, but that was back when I was invincible.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #13015 on: April 26, 2021, 02:42:41 PM »

That sounds terrific.
It is Pete. I'm here for a funeral but staying a couple extra days to enjoy the sunshine. I'm in the touristy high rise part of PCB and don't even care. So nice to see the gulf and hear the waves crashing.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13016 on: April 26, 2021, 02:45:21 PM »

what about 'copter

:lol: i will always laugh at the memory of my Napali 'copter tour and it being the moment i realized i will never ride on a 'copter ever again. the constant combination "omg this is beautiful" and "omg i am going to die."

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13017 on: April 26, 2021, 02:54:37 PM »
The helo tour sounds fun but like, not as fun as the boat tour, which includes snorkeling and mai tais and sunset photos

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13018 on: April 26, 2021, 02:56:40 PM »
helicopters and small planes are scary AF to me. and my parents owned a beechcraft bonanza and both them and one of my bros had pilots licenses. crap is just not for me. large planes though, that's the good safe stuff.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13019 on: April 26, 2021, 03:04:46 PM »
Boats and snorkeling and crap sound boring as crap compared to a chopper but that's just me I guess
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13020 on: April 26, 2021, 03:11:26 PM »
helicopters and small planes are scary AF to me. and my parents owned a beechcraft bonanza and both them and one of my bros had pilots licenses. crap is just not for me. large planes though, that's the good safe stuff.

Helicopters x10 imo bc if they break it just falls straight down to earth

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13021 on: April 26, 2021, 03:48:30 PM »
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/04/25/us/hawaii-u-haul-tourist-rental-trnd/index.html

Ha, see above. Expedia tells me I have a Jeep for $1300 for 6 days, but i'm a bit skeptical since all other rental car places were sold out. My buddy just got back and he told me about the Uhaul thing. That is wild. If I don't get a car, I'm just going to stay and drink a lot at the resort. BFD I say.

How much for a local handler who would drive you around and probably to some cooler crap than you’d line up on your own?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13022 on: April 26, 2021, 04:07:31 PM »

Helicopters x10 imo bc if they break it just falls straight down to earth

sometimes they don't even break but they just run straight into a mountain. you would never catch a large plane doing that

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13023 on: April 26, 2021, 04:33:25 PM »
once got a copter tour of NYNY at night and expensed it.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13024 on: April 26, 2021, 09:43:34 PM »
Boats and snorkeling and crap sound boring as crap.

i don't want to get all yolo, but a lot of crap that sounded stupid to me prepandemic now sounds pretty reasonable.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."