Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1348090 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #13050 on: April 28, 2021, 09:27:17 AM »
Flight changes are a rush. Love scrambling to reassemble my itinerary. Not even joking. I hate it but I love it if that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is SWA the one that doesn't tell you what the change was and you have to have known your old itenary to figure it out?

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #13051 on: April 28, 2021, 09:44:18 AM »
Flight changes are a rush. Love scrambling to reassemble my itinerary. Not even joking. I hate it but I love it if that makes sense.

yeah, we don't even like planning for trips that don't have problems. Thats a big reason we don't travel much. My friend's wife lives for it. Like she starts planning for the next vacation before the current one. I want to pay her to plan and book my stuff.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #13052 on: April 28, 2021, 09:44:29 AM »

Is SWA the one that doesn't tell you what the change was and you have to have known your old itenary to figure it out?
It's happened to us a few times for Ft. Myers flights. We wouldn't notice it until we tried to remind ourselves what time the flight is. If you call them though, they'll fix it for ya. They just think they can get a quick one by ya, when you book it months out in advance.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #13053 on: April 28, 2021, 09:46:42 AM »

No they send you an email that says, "hey, that flight that you planned a long time ago and planned your whole vacation around?, yeah, we rebooked you on these other flights. If you don't like it, you can cancel. Thanks for choosing SW".

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13054 on: April 28, 2021, 09:48:11 AM »

No they send you an email that says, "hey, that flight that you planned a long time ago and planned your whole vacation around?, yeah, we rebooked you on these other flights. If you don't like it, you can cancel. Thanks for choosing SW".
Did you call them and bully the crap out of them? I just figured they did this to us, because we're usually flying for free most of the time based off points.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #13055 on: April 28, 2021, 09:56:22 AM »

Did you call them and bully the crap out of them? I just figured they did this to us, because we're usually flying for free most of the time based off points.
The person on the phone didn’t change your flight. Be very nice to them please.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13056 on: April 28, 2021, 09:57:34 AM »
Uhg...Flights to Hawaii just got bumped to 5 hours later. Basically ruins the first day. This is why I hate traveling for the most part. I despise airlines. I quit traveling for work for a few reasons and dealing with this crap was a big part of it.

did they rebook you on a different flight, or did the airline change their flight schedule?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13057 on: April 28, 2021, 09:58:19 AM »

The person on the phone didn’t change your flight. Be very nice to them please.

Well... yeah. How do you think I get crap done? I said bully to sound like a badass in front of my gE friends.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #13058 on: April 28, 2021, 10:03:54 AM »
Uhg...Flights to Hawaii just got bumped to 5 hours later. Basically ruins the first day. This is why I hate traveling for the most part. I despise airlines. I quit traveling for work for a few reasons and dealing with this crap was a big part of it.

did they rebook you on a different flight, or did the airline change their flight schedule?

Yes, rebooked us, but we get there like 6 hours later. Not a huge deal, but with the time change, it pretty much wipes any time at all the first day. I'm on hold right now (it said someone would be with me in 92 minutes!). I think I may be going with Wacky's opinion as to what happened. All booked with points so they bumped us to the later flight. My flight is no longer an option on the site so it must have been overbooked. I'm going to get an explanation. Yes, SD, I'll be nice to them as long as they are nice to me.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13059 on: April 28, 2021, 10:04:11 AM »
Ha, yeah. Normally just figure out ahead of time what I want to have done then if I can’t do it online myself I call and ask them to do what I want the resolution to be (very politely).

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #13060 on: April 28, 2021, 10:24:21 AM »
Ha, yeah. Normally just figure out ahead of time what I want to have done then if I can’t do it online myself I call and ask them to do what I want the resolution to be (very politely).

you are smarter than me. i'm not prepared and am just going to waste my time asking them why they did this and see if they can move us back. They are going to say no and then i'm going to debate extending the trip a day after talking it over with Mrs. SF (who puts zero effort into planning trips) and probably just leave everything. If I need to move back a day, I should be able to do it on line though and not have to listen to the hold music and how great the SW app is and how I should be just using that to solve my problem for 90 minutes.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #13061 on: April 28, 2021, 10:28:43 AM »
Did you guys know that SW had an App!!!!!!

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #13062 on: April 28, 2021, 10:30:02 AM »
Hey, did you guys know that SW has gift cards? Who doesn't like to travel? You can get them directly at SW.com

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #13063 on: April 28, 2021, 10:32:23 AM »
hahahahaha. Holy crap. 40 minutes in and the call failed. Traveling is the best

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13064 on: April 28, 2021, 10:47:47 AM »
being on hold with the airlines sucks - i have considered driving out to MCI to try and get it done in person but have never done it and not sure they can or would do it?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13065 on: April 28, 2021, 11:04:26 AM »
Southwest flight to Hawaii is something I don't think I would ever do. And if I did I would be an unbearable bad person to my friends and family about how terrible it was

sorry stupid fitz. it will all be worth it when you hit the beach / boat / death chopper / uhaul truck

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13066 on: April 28, 2021, 11:11:00 AM »
hahahahaha. Holy crap. 40 minutes in and the call failed. Traveling is the best
:frown:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13067 on: April 28, 2021, 11:13:05 AM »
If they say no, let them know how big your hog is. Also, make them say they bumped your flight because you got it based off points and then return with a "I thought that's what being a valued cardholder was all about. That's what I was sold on" and then BOOM, they'll call their "manager" to see what they can do.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #13068 on: April 28, 2021, 11:15:20 AM »
being on hold with the airlines sucks - i have considered driving out to MCI to try and get it done in person but have never done it and not sure they can or would do it?

yeah, I rough ridin' hate when large companies don't have the "we will call you back feature". None of them have enough CS people and that is normally fine, but holding for 90 minutes for anything is stupid.

But hey, did you know that for $90 your furry friend can fly with you? Dogs and Cats only though folks, as much they would like, no Zebras!!!!!

I'm not sure they crowdsourced that enough. I think they overestimate the number of people that would like to have Zebras on the plane with them.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #13069 on: April 28, 2021, 11:16:14 AM »
If they say no, let them know how big your hog is. Also, make them say they bumped your flight because you got it based off points and then return with a "I thought that's what being a valued cardholder was all about. That's what I was sold on" and then BOOM, they'll call their "manager" to see what they can do.

Not sure I have another 90 minutes in me Wacky. We will see later.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13070 on: April 28, 2021, 11:17:34 AM »

Not sure I have another 90 minutes in me Wacky. We will see later.
:thumbs: Just trying to help if you do.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13071 on: April 28, 2021, 11:18:41 AM »
Stupid Fitz, abort this whole thing and go somewhere drivable or that has multiple direct flights from your airport and that is adequately warm and near water.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #13072 on: April 28, 2021, 11:32:36 AM »
Stupid Fitz, abort this whole thing and go somewhere drivable or that has multiple direct flights from your airport and that is adequately warm and near water.

I thought a lot about this Trim. See above for the I hate planning part. I'm only going here because people in this thread confirmed that the Resort is really nice. I thought about going somewhere else/easier to get to, but I would have had to figure out where to go so here I am. It will be fine. Its about time I showed my kids how drunk dad can get(respectfully of course) at an airport and on a plane. They were going to see it at some point.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13073 on: April 28, 2021, 11:36:47 AM »
Go to disney world and have sd set up your whole plan with adding a day or 2 that has you driving to a beach on either coast.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13074 on: April 28, 2021, 11:52:47 AM »
Go to disney world and have sd set up your whole plan with adding a day or 2 that has you driving to a beach on either coast.
Disclaimer: Disney World is expensive AF if you want to have a good time.