Author Topic: have these new mhk eateries been discussed yet?  (Read 509866 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: have these new mhk eateries been discussed yet?
« Reply #4500 on: April 22, 2022, 08:49:59 AM »
Noticed this morning that there's a Wahlburgers in Hyvee now. Seems kinda weird but whatever.  :dunno:
They have like a huge tie in with Hy-Vee. They advertise TF out of their stuff. No idea how this came to be but it has always seemed weird.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: April 22, 2022, 11:55:13 AM »
Noticed this morning that there's a Wahlburgers in Hyvee now. Seems kinda weird but whatever.  :dunno:
They have like a huge tie in with Hy-Vee. They advertise TF out of their stuff. No idea how this came to be but it has always seemed weird.

Mark has an ownership stake in HyVee, a fairly sizeable one, I believe. It started maybe 5 or 6 years ago when they started carrying his line of supplements. He was happy with the partnership and wanted more so he bought an ownership stake and started an agreement with Wahlburgers. They've been nearly all the in the HyVee's here since. He spends quite a bit of time in West Des Moines.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: April 22, 2022, 11:59:49 AM »
The Wahlburgs are royalty here in the states and you can't change my mind on the subject. Kings!

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: April 24, 2022, 09:19:57 AM »
Ate at the bobs diner Mexican place last night. Is it the best Mexican in mhk? Maybe!

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: April 24, 2022, 09:24:38 AM »
Also, they really need to redo their menu. It was hard to navigate. Lastly, if anyone knows the owners, tell them to put the big country on their menu for the lols.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: April 24, 2022, 10:33:32 AM »
Lmao at the big country. What’s it look like in there now and can you still smell that 40 years worth of diner and cigarette smell? Or has fabuloso done it’s wonders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: April 24, 2022, 11:00:59 AM »
Ate at the bobs diner Mexican place last night. Is it the best Mexican in mhk? Maybe!
It's phenomenal.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: April 24, 2022, 11:01:18 AM »

Mark has an ownership stake in HyVee, a fairly sizeable one, I believe. It started maybe 5 or 6 years ago when they started carrying his line of supplements. He was happy with the partnership and wanted more so he bought an ownership stake and started an agreement with Wahlburgers. They've been nearly all the in the HyVee's here since. He spends quite a bit of time in West Des Moines.
That’s right. I think you posted that before and I forgot it. What a bizzare pairing.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: April 24, 2022, 11:40:19 AM »
everything about hyvee is bizarre including their rough ridin' weird ass commercials

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: April 24, 2022, 12:17:40 PM »
Lmao at the big country. What’s it look like in there now and can you still smell that 40 years worth of diner and cigarette smell? Or has fabuloso done it’s wonders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty decent looking! No cig smells. Very generic Mexican restaurant but clean and very open. Those windows!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: April 24, 2022, 02:45:03 PM »
everything about hy-vee is bizarre including their rough ridin' weird ass commercials

Oh my God, that commercial where they play pink's perfect is the dumbest most nonsensical thing I've ever seen.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: April 24, 2022, 03:07:58 PM »
No, Frida's wears that crown.

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: April 24, 2022, 04:39:56 PM »
Where's that at?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: April 25, 2022, 08:22:43 AM »
Where's that at?

Food truck across 3rd from DQ

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: April 25, 2022, 08:36:20 AM »
Where's that at?

Food truck across 3rd from DQ
Oh, right.  Yeah, that is good.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4515 on: April 25, 2022, 09:09:49 AM »

Hyvee is basically a religion in Des Moines. Can't even mention other grocery stores to my in laws without getting a 10 minute lecture about Hyvee.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: April 25, 2022, 09:35:26 AM »

Hyvee is basically a religion in Des Moines. Can't even mention other grocery stores to my in laws without getting a 10 minute lecture about Hyvee.

Do they enjoy overpaying for groceries?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: April 25, 2022, 10:13:24 AM »

Do they enjoy overpaying for groceries?

I don't know where you live, but here only Walmart is a cheaper grocery chain than Hy-Vee. I'm not advocating for them but, at least in Iowa, high prices aren't really an issue. Price Chopper legitimately has some of the same stuff for twice the price.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: April 25, 2022, 11:44:10 AM »
Canco in mhk hy-vee is the most expensive. Dillons & Aldi whip their asses

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: April 25, 2022, 12:24:27 PM »
As YLA said, in MHK, Dillon's blows Hy-Vee out of the water on prices and has 2x fuel points on grocery purchases every day (4x on gift cards). Price is not the only thing we care about when shopping for groceries, but Hy-Vee is typically more expensive than Dillon's on the same items. There are a few things we consistently buy at Hy-Vee, but just a few. We don't shop at Wal-Mart nor at Aldi, but others have reported Hy-Vee is higher priced than them

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: April 25, 2022, 12:34:14 PM »
Hyvee is way better (not sure cheaper) than Omaha Dillons (Bakers).

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: April 25, 2022, 01:29:40 PM »
I have no idea what stuff costs at the hyvee I go to, let alone what stuff costs at the grocery stores I do not go to. How much effort do you dudes put in to this?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: April 25, 2022, 01:39:01 PM »
Not much. I like clicklist for free, fuel points, plus it's a bad ass name for a store or anything really.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: April 25, 2022, 01:39:40 PM »
I have no idea what stuff costs at the hyvee I go to, let alone what stuff costs at the grocery stores I do not go to. How much effort do you dudes put in to this?

Well, when you are shopping for more than one person you generally end up at different stores whether for prices, convenience, or available products. Not all stores sell the same crap at the same time.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: April 25, 2022, 01:42:06 PM »

At some point, I've bought a week's worth of groceries at one and a week's worth at another and notice one receipt tends to be higher :dunno:

Hyvee tends to a give back to the community a lot better than other grocery stores though - I've seen them fund a number of things around Manhattan