Author Topic: It may be 2011, but in Mississippi it is always 1862  (Read 13619 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: It may be 2011, but in Mississippi it is always 1862
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2011, 12:09:53 PM »
Loving this thread.

So who here has actually lived in the South?

Spent the last 3 years in Baton Rouge, which is about as segregated a city as I could ever imagine.

Look at Kansas City . . . maybe it's changed, but back when I still lived there I felt bad for any black guy who crossed state line into Leawood.    A black guy getting pulled over in OP was like watching donut night at the police convention.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2011, 12:35:20 PM »
Loving this thread.

Spent the last 3 years in Baton Rouge, which is about as segregated a city as I could ever imagine.

Look at Kansas City . . . maybe it's changed, but back when I still lived there I felt bad for any black guy who crossed state line into Leawood.    A black guy getting pulled over in OP was like watching donut night at the police convention.

Black people aren't supposed to go West of Holmes in KC.  You're exhibiting Very low kciq.  :nono:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2011, 12:50:17 PM »
Loving this thread.

Black people aren't supposed to go West of Holmes in KC.  You're exhibiting Very low kciq.  :nono:

But there's always so many at the Wal-Mart at 135th and State line!  :horrorsurprise:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2011, 12:52:43 PM »
If this country were more racist, everyone would get along better.  Too much tiptoeing around and awkwardness, imo.

after living down south, I can tell you that isn't an issue.  I was down a few weeks ago, and someone at a bbq was seriously talking about asking his senator about seceding from the US.  Then the prayer came, i was the only one cracking up that i could tell, because it was full of  :runaway: :opcat:  :chainsaw:  :crossfingers:  :party: yea god!

Exactly my point.  They're openly racist, and everyone gets along fine.  If they were liberal they'd brand their behavior a "cultural dichotomy" and preach its merit at their universities.

The biggest racists, have and always will be, the Italians and the Irish.  Also, organized labor has historically been extremely racist, which is logical considering its routs are Italian, and to a lesser extent Irish.  Recently organized labor has realized that it is more lucrative to conscript the races it hates, rather than beat them up in the midnight hours.  They fool the people they hate into doing their dirty work for a less than living wage (which is ironic in and of itself).  Not only does this keep their hands clean, but it also creates a large and staunchly loyal base which they use to gain power.  This is the most devious and evil example of racism in the U.S. I can think of.  Someone should write a news article about it.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2011, 12:59:49 PM »
Loving this thread.

But there's always so many at the Wal-Mart at 135th and State line!  :horrorsurprise:

Wal-Mart is the obvious exception.  It's what black people tell the cops when they get pulled over in Leawood. 

Black Guy in '88 LeSabre:  "Hey man, I'm just lost trying to find my way to Wal-Mart". 
Officer McO'Leary:  "Yeah right, that's the fifth time I've heard that one this morning fella.  Step out of the car and spread your legs." 

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2011, 05:17:47 PM »
Loving this thread.

2 years.  came away with 2 racist thoughts.

Most black people down there you see on a daily basis are lazy as all hell, and i can understand why people don't like government programs.  And 2, the white racist parents who hate blacks, they have kids (white) calling each other the name which shall not be named starts with N and ends with iga.  While black dudes call each other kracker.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2011, 06:00:27 PM »
Loving this thread.

2 years.  came away with 2 racist thoughts.

Most black people down there you see on a daily basis are lazy as all hell, and i can understand why people don't like government programs.  And 2, the white racist parents who hate blacks, they have kids (white) calling each other the name which shall not be named starts with N and ends with iga.  While black dudes call each other kracker.

^ :opcat: 

and

no
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2011, 06:06:44 PM »
KCMO is very segregated.  Very.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2011, 06:46:11 PM »

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2011, 07:11:11 PM »
Went on a my first trip to Chicago last summer. Was North for about two days and the last day we headed south past Invesco Field (Eff you White Sox)...then on to the Science and Technology museum.
This map is an illustration of my trip. Won't go back to that museum.  Witnessed a fist fight outside of the museum between two cab drivers over a fare. Police were called. facepalm

Later found out the Cook County has one of the highest murder, assault, and robbery rates per capita in the United States.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/walkingsf/5560488484/in/set-72157626354149574/
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 07:16:51 PM by Bookcat »

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2011, 08:04:35 PM »
Went on a my first trip to Chicago last summer. Was North for about two days and the last day we headed south past Invesco Field (Eff you White Sox)...then on to the Science and Technology museum.
This map is an illustration of my trip. Won't go back to that museum.  Witnessed a fist fight outside of the museum between two cab drivers over a fare. Police were called. facepalm

Later found out the Cook County has one of the highest murder, assault, and robbery rates per capita in the United States.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/walkingsf/5560488484/in/set-72157626354149574/

Used to work with a bro who lived right across the street from that museum.  He loved it.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2011, 08:39:57 PM »
an excellent display of midwestern awkwardness about racism by bookcat.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2011, 08:42:29 PM »
:jerk: :jerk:

advice from the police that were stationed at the Subway platform near Garfield Ave......"for your safety, get directly on the bus that takes you to the museum"

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2011, 06:46:15 AM »

advice from the police that were stationed at the Subway platform near Garfield Ave......"for your safety, get directly on the bus that takes you to the museum"

why post that info in this thread?  very awkward.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2011, 06:58:18 AM »
Made me feel weird to read that.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2011, 09:51:14 AM »
Definitely.  Bookcat is gettin' reeeeeeeeeeal weird with it in 2011.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2011, 12:57:20 PM »
KCMO is very segregated.  Very.

Good place for this very cool map series:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/walkingsf/sets/72157626354149574/detail/

I looked through a lot of cities and it seemed to me that the southern (and some western) cities were more intergrated than northeast and midwestern cities.  Some of the most "liberal" cities were some of the most segragated.   But to be fair, some of the northeast and midwest cities do not have very much in the way of racial diversity.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2011, 01:16:28 PM »

Why is Lincoln, Nebraska on that site? There are no minorities in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2011, 01:18:03 PM »
looks like there's a few asians around campus.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2011, 01:20:22 PM »

Yeah, I guess that's true. I was surprised that the football team didn't make a blue dot somewhere. Does UNL not have an athletics village?

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2011, 01:40:42 PM »

Math and Science department.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2011, 09:25:20 PM »

I looked through a lot of cities and it seemed to me that the southern (and some western) cities were more intergrated than northeast and midwestern cities.  Some of the most "liberal" cities were some of the most segragated.   

This should come as a surprise to nobody.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2011, 09:30:38 PM »

I looked through a lot of cities and it seemed to me that the southern (and some western) cities were more intergrated than northeast and midwestern cities.  Some of the most "liberal" cities were some of the most segragated.   

We get it, you want an excuse to be racist.   :blah:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2011, 09:58:33 PM »

:epicfail:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2011, 11:01:27 PM »

:epicfail:
:D