Author Topic: It may be 2011, but in Mississippi it is always 1862  (Read 13622 times)

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: It may be 2011, but in Mississippi it is always 1862
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2011, 01:55:17 PM »
No, not really.

It's a bigger issue than Libya, that's for sure.

Mississippi is filled with racist rednecks.  Glad that poll was taken because I wouldn't have known otherwise.  You think this is bigger than Libya?

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2011, 02:46:47 PM »
also for those who are getting all "well there are racist democrats too"

you are missing the rough ridin' point

Offline KSU187

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2011, 03:06:19 PM »

you are missing the effing point

<---- Did not miss the point  :gocho:

Effin Republicans, they need to stop being such hateful bigots.  If I remember correctly, there was that one Republican senator that died a few months back, I think his name was Robert Bird.  Anyways he was a KKK member and George W. Bush basically said: "that is what you have to do to get elected in West Virginia" at his funeral. It was a total lovefest in the media, and Faux News wouldn't even aknowlege his racist ways... We report you decide my ass... what a scumbag.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2011, 03:15:52 PM »

you are missing the rough ridin' point

The point is this Democrat strategist is continuing to stoke the fires of racism by calling 400 red necks in Mississippi and painting a quarter of the nation as racists with his broad brush.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2011, 03:19:22 PM »
No, not really.

Mississippi is filled with racist rednecks.  Glad that poll was taken because I wouldn't have known otherwise.  You think this is bigger than Libya?

GTFO of Libya, problem solved. How do we solve the vast majority of people in Mississippi being racist assholes?

Domestic problems are more important than foreign problems that pose no threat to us, imo.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2011, 05:01:15 PM »
No, not really.

GTFO of Libya, problem solved. How do we solve the vast majority of people in Mississippi being racist assholes?

Domestic problems are more important than foreign problems that pose no threat to us, imo.

Theoretically we could GTFO of Libya tomorrow (LOL).  But there is no way in hell the amount of racist assholes in Mississippi is going to decrease anytime soon.  Do you think the number of racist assholes in Mississippi or any given state really affects the number of interracial marriages that occur? 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2011, 05:07:57 PM »
No, not really.

Theoretically we could GTFO of Libya tomorrow (LOL).  But there is no way in hell the amount of racist assholes in Mississippi is going to decrease anytime soon.  Do you think the number of racist assholes in Mississippi or any given state really affects the number of interracial marriages that occur? 

I don't think the conflict in Libya will turn out much different than the conflict in Kosovo under Clinton. It's an important issue because we really shouldn't be there, but it will have less bearing on American citizens than racists in the deep south. Interracial marriage isn't the issue so much as that if the majority of people down there had their way, Jim Crow Laws would still be in effect. This is a problem in a democratic society.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2011, 08:36:18 PM »
No, not really.

I don't think the conflict in Libya will turn out much different than the conflict in Kosovo under Clinton. It's an important issue because we really shouldn't be there, but it will have less bearing on American citizens than racists in the deep south. Interracial marriage isn't the issue so much as that if the majority of people down there had their way, Jim Crow Laws would still be in effect. This is a problem in a democratic society.

Well, then maybe we should just do away with the democratic society.

Mr. Obama has told people that it would be so much easier to be the president of China. As one official put it, “No one is scrutinizing Hu Jintao’s words in Tahrir Square.”

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2011, 12:23:10 PM »
On the grounds of the Mississippi capitol in Jackson, they legit have a monument whose plaque reads that it was dedicated "to commemorate the war on Northern aggression."

(Here's where racist EMAWs try to tell me the Civil War was really just about states' rights, and slavery had nothing to do with it, and history teachers are all liberals.)

:users:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 12:26:39 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2011, 01:42:34 PM »
On the grounds of the Mississippi capitol in Jackson, they legit have a monument whose plaque reads that it was dedicated "to commemorate the war on Northern aggression."

(Here's where racist EMAWs try to tell me the Civil War was really just about states' rights, and slavery had nothing to do with it, and history teachers are all liberals.)

:users:

:that'sracistblackkid:

It was about both slavery and states rights (as well as several smaller issues both related and unrelated)

And who cares if they have a plaque memorializing the war that is a part of their history?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2011, 01:50:10 PM »
People everywhere are racist, it just comes in different forms. Sure, people in the midwest are OK with interracial marriage, but they are afraid of black people, unlike people in the south who do not seem to share this fear.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2011, 01:53:30 PM »
And who cares if they have a plaque memorializing the war that is a part of their history?

Awesome missing of the point, way to go, kid!   :emawkid:  The reason for the anecdote was not that they have a monument dedicated to the Civil War (because if it were just that, who cares?).  The point was that the plaque goes out of its way to laughably refer to the Civil War as "The war on Northern aggression," which is how dipshits in the south refer to it when they want to make excuses for slavery.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 01:55:49 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2011, 02:43:41 PM »
"We won the Civil War!"

-Hicks from the south

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2011, 05:59:30 PM »

Awesome missing of the point, way to go, kid!   :emawkid:  The reason for the anecdote was not that they have a monument dedicated to the Civil War (because if it were just that, who cares?).  The point was that the plaque goes out of its way to laughably refer to the Civil War as "The war on Northern aggression," which is how dipshits in the south refer to it when they want to make excuses for slavery.

What do you think the British call our "Revolutionary War"?  The rednecks rough ridin' lost.  Let them call it whatever they want. 

If this country were more racist, everyone would get along better.  Too much tiptoeing around and awkwardness, imo.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2011, 07:34:54 PM »
If this country were more racist, everyone would get along better.  Too much tiptoeing around and awkwardness, imo.

after living down south, I can tell you that isn't an issue.  I was down a few weeks ago, and someone at a bbq was seriously talking about asking his senator about seceding from the US.  Then the prayer came, i was the only one cracking up that i could tell, because it was full of  :runaway: :opcat:  :chainsaw:  :crossfingers:  :party: yea god!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 07:38:13 PM by wiley »
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2011, 07:51:20 PM »
People everywhere are racist, it just comes in different forms. Sure, people in the midwest are OK with interracial marriage, but they are afraid of black people, unlike people in the south who do not seem to share this fear.

fantastic point

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2011, 08:58:11 AM »
Except white people in the south are also extremely scared of black people too.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2011, 09:58:03 AM »
Except white people in the south are also extremely scared of black people too.

True, but I don't think it's as bad in the south. At least where I spend most of my time. Where I go often (Northern Alabama), it's definitely a lot less segregated than the midwest.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2011, 10:05:13 AM »
blacks and whites get along a lot better in the south than in the rest of the country.   

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2011, 11:06:22 AM »
Loving this thread.

So who here has actually lived in the South?

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2011, 11:10:25 AM »
sweet tea.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2011, 11:14:05 AM »
Loving this thread.

I did for seven years.  I wouldn't have anything to say on the subject if I didn't.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2011, 11:28:34 AM »
When being afraid of people, isn't it more about the way they dress and act, rather than skin color?

If I am walking down the street and I see a group of young black men in slacks pulled up around there waist and a button down shirts, I am going to walk right at them with a nod and a hey.  But, if I see a group of skinheads coming at me with tattoos coming out of there t-shirts,  baggy pants around their groins and chained wallets, I'm crossing the street.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2011, 11:45:35 AM »
Loving this thread.

Spent the last 3 years in Baton Rouge, which is about as segregated a city as I could ever imagine.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2011, 12:01:25 PM »
Had an internship in ALabama 2 summers ago. So, lived there for about 3 months.

Never want to go there again.