Author Topic: Morning Person  (Read 10072 times)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Morning Person
« on: April 05, 2011, 09:33:46 PM »
I want to be one.  Is there any way to become a morning person or is it something you're born with? 

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Morning Person
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 09:36:06 PM »
I want to be one.  Is there any way to become a morning person or is it something you're born with? 
I am one.   Always have been one. 

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 09:37:59 PM »
Pretty sure you have to be born with it. In my 23 years I have not figured out how to wake up early and either get something done or not go back to sleep

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 09:38:09 PM »
get married?  have kids?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 09:42:06 PM »
in college, i never wanted a job where i had to get up early...yet here I am, waking up at 5:30. Got used to it pretty quick. No coffee.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 09:42:49 PM »
when you wake up get up, that's how i am able to do it.  My coolest gift is the ability to get up when i need to without an alarm, i used to fly out of Mobile around 6am every monday.  Would wake myself up without an alarm at 4:15 every week.   :goodbyecruelworld:
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 09:45:23 PM »
Having a kid made me a morning person.

But I don't suggest having one of those unless you hate having free time and loads of expendable income.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 10:00:28 PM »
used to be, big time.  not anymore.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 10:05:42 PM »
When my alarm goes off I'm so angry and sad. Wish I could be happy that it's morning.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 10:08:02 PM »
When my alarm goes off I'm so angry and sad. Wish I could be happy that it's morning.

Same. If windows were cheaper I would consider breaking one every morning.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 10:13:36 PM »
I started sleeping with my phone plugged in next to the bed so when the alarm goes off I can start bbs'ing immediately.  it helps.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 10:33:18 PM »
College killed the morning person in me. I think old age will bring it back.

Online Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 10:52:55 PM »
Used to be able to stay up until 6am when I desired, and was never in bed before 2am. I wouldn't get up until noon. Had to set my class schedule so that I didn't have class until 12:30. Even then, I would sleep through those classes on occasion.

Now, it's rare for me to stay up past midnight, and I'm up before 6 most days. The only thing I had to do was start going to bed earlier. That self control was far more difficult than the self control it takes to get up in the morning.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 10:57:32 PM »
it's all about going to bed earlier. which i don't do. if you're trying to be a morning person i suggest not subscribing to netflix because that is the main reason i'm never in bed before 2 am.

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2011, 03:01:25 AM »
I work from home and am naturally a night person so I've basically turned into a vampire. 

I can't seem to work at all in the morning and my real productivity happens between 11pm until 4-5am.  Sleep usually starts between 5-6am and I wake up without an alarm around noon.  Been doing that for years now with no real plans of changing it.  Don't seem to miss much.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2011, 07:16:57 AM »
I work from home and am naturally a night person so I've basically turned into a vampire. 

I can't seem to work at all in the morning and my real productivity happens between 11pm until 4-5am.  Sleep usually starts between 5-6am and I wake up without an alarm around noon.  Been doing that for years now with no real plans of changing it.  Don't seem to miss much.

A hound's life...

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2011, 08:06:56 AM »
I'd like to hear from someone who was not a morning person and then became a morning person using some sort of step by step process. Is there anyone like that?

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 08:08:40 AM »
I'd like to hear from someone who was not a morning person and then became a morning person using some sort of step by step process. Is there anyone like that?

i used to be a huge anti-morning person.  would go to bed at 1 am and get to work by 9 am everyday. 

it's all about going to bed earlier. which i don't do. if you're trying to be a morning person i suggest not subscribing to netflix because that is the main reason i'm never in bed before 2 am.

this is it.  i went through a period where i was working a lot of hours and would be wiped out by 9 pm or so, but i'd stay up until 10:30 then go to bed, wake up at 5:30 am, and do it all again.  this went on for several months and pretty soon i got used to it.

after a while i changed jobs and didn't need to work all those hours but chose to work a 7-4 work day instead of an 8-5.  no traffic in the mornings, no traffic after work, my work day is done an hour earlier than everyone else's, etc.

after your late 20's there's really no compelling reason to stay up past midnight on the weekdays anyways, -afraid you're going to miss a rerun of mash or something?  :lol:  losers

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2011, 08:52:23 AM »

i used to be a huge anti-morning person.  would go to bed at 1 am and get to work by 9 am everyday. 

this is it.  i went through a period where i was working a lot of hours and would be wiped out by 9 pm or so, but i'd stay up until 10:30 then go to bed, wake up at 5:30 am, and do it all again.  this went on for several months and pretty soon i got used to it.

after a while i changed jobs and didn't need to work all those hours but chose to work a 7-4 work day instead of an 8-5.  no traffic in the mornings, no traffic after work, my work day is done an hour earlier than everyone else's, etc.

after your late 20's there's really no compelling reason to stay up past midnight on the weekdays anyways, -afraid you're going to miss a rerun of mash or something?  :lol:  losers

Maybe I am a morning person, I get to work about 7:00 to be finished by 4:00 too.  4:00 is a world away from 5:00 getting off work IMO.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2011, 09:25:02 AM »
when i think of non-morning person, it's the crew of slobs that show up at work around 8:45-9:00 am every day.  if you're consistently working at 7 am, meaning you're getting up around 6 or so, then you've most likey morphed into a morning person.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 09:26:17 AM »
I'm a morning person.  I'm usually cruising the information super highway (internet) and checking my goEMAWs at about 5:45. 

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2011, 09:47:58 AM »
I guess I'm a morning person, but what about the people who get up at 4 to run 5 miles and work out in the morn?

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2011, 09:48:55 AM »
I get up at 5:30-6:00 but don't really care for it. Get to work at 7:30, put headphones on for at least an hour so I don't get annoyed.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2011, 09:55:03 AM »
Love love love being a morning person, especially on the weekends. Get all my crap done first thing in the morning. Leaves my afternoons/evenings wide open.

Non-morning people - you would be surprised that your body doesnt need 9 hours of sleep to function. Try getting 6 and I bet you won't tell the difference. There is such a thing as too much sleep.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2011, 09:56:51 AM »
i get up early during the week. But sleep in till 10-11am on weekends. Just can't get up early on weekends.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles