Author Topic: Morning Person  (Read 10075 times)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Morning Person
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2011, 11:45:45 AM »
Love love love being a morning person, especially on the weekends. Get all my crap done first thing in the morning. Leaves my afternoons/evenings wide open.

Non-morning people - you would be surprised that your body doesnt need 9 hours of sleep to function. Try getting 6 and I bet you won't tell the difference. There is such a thing as too much sleep.

Were you born that way AppleJack, or did you make yourself that way on purpose? I want to be like you. Make me like you.

Hmm, I used to sleep a lot more in college than I do now, my body is just used to getting up at 6:00am for work. Also, when 9-11 went down, I slept through the first 30 minutes or so of it. I think this had some weird psychological effect on me, I am now terrified I am missing out on something if I sleep.

Do you have any practical advice? What is your morning routine? How many times do you hit the snooze?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2011, 11:48:29 AM »
Love love love being a morning person, especially on the weekends. Get all my crap done first thing in the morning. Leaves my afternoons/evenings wide open.

Non-morning people - you would be surprised that your body doesnt need 9 hours of sleep to function. Try getting 6 and I bet you won't tell the difference. There is such a thing as too much sleep.

Were you born that way AppleJack, or did you make yourself that way on purpose? I want to be like you. Make me like you.

Hmm, I used to sleep a lot more in college than I do now, my body is just used to getting up at 6:00am for work. Also, when 9-11 went down, I slept through the first 30 minutes or so of it. I think this had some weird psychological effect on me, I am now terrified I am missing out on something if I sleep.

Do you have any practical advice? What is your morning routine? How many times do you hit the snooze?

I have two alarms on one clock and set the first for 45min before I need to get up.  Gets me so that, by the time the second one goes off, I am not in such a deep sleep.  Makes it much easier to get up, imo.  I do this regardless of when I go to bed.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2011, 11:49:33 AM »
cnscasey is tired because he's robbing himself of 45 minutes of deep sleep.  NEXT!

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2011, 11:49:57 AM »

I have two alarms on one clock and set the first for 45min before I need to get up.  Gets me so that, by the time the second one goes off, I am not in such a deep sleep.  Makes it much easier to get up, imo.  I do this regardless of when I go to bed.

Great practical advice, thank you. Will try. AppleJack?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2011, 11:50:40 AM »
cnscasey is tired because he's robbing himself of 45 minutes of deep sleep.  NEXT!

"I am one.  Always have been one".

:dunno:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2011, 11:52:02 AM »

If you have to lay in bed for 45 minutes after your alarm goes off you are not

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2011, 11:58:28 AM »

I think he goes back to sleep. Just not REM cycle sleep maybe?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2011, 12:00:16 PM »

yes

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2011, 12:04:22 PM »
cnscasey is tired because he's robbing himself of 45 minutes of deep sleep.  NEXT!

"I am one.  Always have been one".

yeah, us non-fake morning people don't set an alarm and go back to non-restful sleep for 45 minutes.  we just wake the eff up and start dominating crap.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2011, 12:11:53 PM »

yeah, us non-fake morning people don't set an alarm and go back to non-restful sleep for 45 minutes.  we just wake the eff up and start dominating crap.

Maybe that's the difference between genetically gifted morning people and people who have had to work to be morning people. sd is like the Boobie Miles of waking up and CNS Casey is like that QB who had to work hard. Both were good but which one was better? Don't know, but Boobie blew out his knee so
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 12:22:18 PM by _33 »

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2011, 12:28:15 PM »

I have two alarms on one clock and set the first for 45min before I need to get up.  Gets me so that, by the time the second one goes off, I am not in such a deep sleep.  Makes it much easier to get up, imo.  I do this regardless of when I go to bed.

Great practical advice, thank you. Will try. AppleJack?

A few suggestions that helped me out:

1. Turn the TV on right when you wake up. Get the brain working right away.
2. Move the alarm clock away from your nightstand. Put it somewhere that you actually have to get up to turn it off (guest room?).
3. Get a dog. They need to be let outside and stuff. They will not tolerate you sleeping in.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 12:34:52 PM by AppleJack »
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2011, 12:30:12 PM »
sd advice:  when it is time to get up immediately get out of bed and begin brushing your teeth

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2011, 12:31:15 PM »
yeah, i'm usually up 15-30 mins before my alarm goes off.  hate forgetting to turn it off before i hit the shower,  then it goes off when i'm in the shower.  

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2011, 12:50:12 PM »

yeah, us non-fake morning people don't set an alarm and go back to non-restful sleep for 45 minutes.  we just wake the eff up and start dominating crap.

Maybe that's the difference between genetically gifted morning people and people who have had to work to be morning people. sd is like the Boobie Miles of waking up and CNS Casey is like that QB who had to work hard. Both were good but which one was better? Don't know, but Boobie blew out his knee so

You should try it and see if it is a way to force it.

Offline Gary Patterson Jr.

• Fan
  • Dad?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2011, 02:29:47 PM »
Have you ever tried waking up and drinking a glass of water?  Gets your metabolism going and starts freshing up your brain. Then take a shower or go for a quick walk and make some breakfast. Also don't say you don't have time to make breakfast. I hate when people say that. You only have to wake up like 15 or 20 mins earlier.

I used to hate the morning could sleep till noon easily. Started waking up at 6:30 for work and now I naturally wakeup on weekends at 7:30 or 8:00.
There is a good possibility Gary Patterson is my biological father.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2011, 02:45:54 PM »
Have you ever tried waking up and drinking a glass of water?  Gets your metabolism going and starts freshing up your brain. Then take a shower or go for a quick walk and make some breakfast. Also don't say you don't have time to make breakfast. I hate when people say that. You only have to wake up like 15 or 20 mins earlier.

I used to hate the morning could sleep till noon easily. Started waking up at 6:30 for work and now I naturally wakeup on weekends at 7:30 or 8:00.

I tried to get up in the morning to lift weights for a few days. I would end up laying with my eyes close on the bench in my basement for like a half an hour.

What about 5 hour energy? If I took it right when I got up how long would it take to kick in? I don't like the idea of taking it forever but maybe if I took it for a few weeks I could slowly ween myself off of it and not need it anymore. Wow, interesting idea.

Offline Gary Patterson Jr.

• Fan
  • Dad?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2011, 03:08:24 PM »

I tried to get up in the morning to lift weights for a few days. I would end up laying with my eyes close on the bench in my basement for like a half an hour.

What about 5 hour energy? If I took it right when I got up how long would it take to kick in? I don't like the idea of taking it forever but maybe if I took it for a few weeks I could slowly ween myself off of it and not need it anymore. Wow, interesting idea.

I guess you don't have to workout or walk per say. Just go out side. The sun or the cold would wake you up a bit. I would'nt make youself get up just to work out. Most people convince themselves it's not worth going even if it's at night. Couldn't imagine what it's like trying to tell yourself to go when you half asleep.

I guess a 5 hour energy would work. You just have to wake up and do something for a few months until you just naturally wake up at that time. I wake up 5 mins before my 6:30 alarm every day. Of course I go to sleep at 10:30 so it's enough rest. One thing about morning people like Steve Dave said is they go to sleep fairly early. I think most people can be morning people if they just get 7-8 hours of sleep.
There is a good possibility Gary Patterson is my biological father.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2011, 04:24:47 PM »
Alarm goes off at 6:15.  I usually have to take a monster piss and I have a boner.  As soon as I roll out of bed I'm awake and couldn't go back to sleep if I tried.  Once I'm out of the bathroom I either screw the crap out of my insanely hot girlfriend or I go make a cup of coffee and get on www.goEMAW.com for a while before getting in the shower.  I work from about 8:15 or so 'til about 6:45 PM with a 1.5 hour gym/lunch break in the afternoon.  I'm asleep around 11 every night.  I am never tired until I'm ready for bed around 10:30.  If I'm up past 11 on a weeknight it's because I started screwing the crap out of my insanely hot girlfriend at 10:30 and put in a good 45 minutes or so. 
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2011, 06:04:53 PM »
gtfo with this waking up at 6:15 bs, wake up at 5, at work at 6:15.

Helpful get your ass out of bed in the morning tips:

Set your phone/alarm across the room so you have to get out of bed
Do NOT get back into bed
Start doing something, ANYTHING, as soon as you get up, shower, eat breakfast, drink coffee, whatever

IMO it doesn't really matter if you get up at 5 or noon, as long as you're not sleeping more than 8 hours/night you're not wasting your life away so wgf if you're staying awake late at night or early in the morning. Not sure there is any way you can make yourself be "perky" in the morning if you're not a natural morning person
I'm purple down

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2011, 09:56:45 PM »
Love love love being a morning person, especially on the weekends. Get all my cac done first thing in the morning. Leaves my afternoons/evenings wide open.

1. weekend thing is legit

2. saw a study earlier this year saying that people who get 6hrs die quite a bit earlier than those who get 8hrs(can't remember how much earlier, but it was in years, not days). 

I am perfect when getting between 6.5 to 7.5.  More or less and I need a lot of caffeine. 

I also saw a thing that was talking about how they have identified a gene mutation in people who require very little sleep.  they were talking about people who go to bed at 3 or 4am and get up at 6am fully refreshed. 
I want this.

Had a neighbor growing up that was like this.  She was in her 50's and a high school teacher at the time.  She only needed 2-3 hrs of sleep at night (sometimes she would do all-nighters), and she would still rock out every day like 2-3 hrs of sleep was the norm for everyone.

I'm a morning person.  I don't remember the last time I've slept past 8am on the weekends, and I don't even have kids.  Last Saturday I was up at 7:30, walked with Mrs. WildcatNkilt for breakfast at a local restaurant, hit up a grocery store, and walked back home and it was only 10:00.  Felt like it was 2:30 in the afternoon.   :pbj:
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2011, 10:00:20 PM »
I used to work with a dude that only slept 3 or 4 hours a night.  He was crazy, skydived all the time and stuff.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2011, 10:28:43 PM »
you know what I hate?  Being married to a morning person that doesn't understand I'm a night person and is trying to make me a morning person.  eff YOU MORNING PEOPLE!  I'M NOT TRYING TO CHANGE YOU, STOP TRYING TO CHANGE ME!
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2011, 10:33:04 PM »
Bunch of Gosh Darned pussies in this World. It's a rough ridin' mental approach you dumbasses. If you want to sleep until 12 you can. If you want to awaken at 6am you can. It's your rough ridin' mental approach you dorks.
elitist since 1994

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2011, 10:41:08 PM »
perhaps I should clarify that I consider a morning person anyone that wakes up before 6:00 and is not a grouchy bad person.   I wake up at 6:30 every morning after ~ 7hrs of sleep and am pretty much an bad person until I get a hot HOT shower.   That would be my advice, Hot showers.   I try to imagine the energy from the heat of the shower giving my body energy.  I usually hop out of the shower whistling, but boy if you talk to me before that shower....   eff YOU.
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2011, 05:48:38 AM »
Love the early  morning...............quiet, coffee's hot, and don't have to deal with assholes.