Author Topic: Morning Person  (Read 10073 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Morning Person
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2011, 09:57:04 AM »
Love love love being a morning person, especially on the weekends. Get all my crap done first thing in the morning. Leaves my afternoons/evenings wide open.

Non-morning people - you would be surprised that your body doesnt need 9 hours of sleep to function. Try getting 6 and I bet you won't tell the difference. There is such a thing as too much sleep.

I need 7 1/2.  early to bed for sd.   :zzz:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2011, 09:58:28 AM »
I just got to work.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2011, 10:03:24 AM »
Love love love being a morning person, especially on the weekends. Get all my crap done first thing in the morning. Leaves my afternoons/evenings wide open.

Non-morning people - you would be surprised that your body doesnt need 9 hours of sleep to function. Try getting 6 and I bet you won't tell the difference. There is such a thing as too much sleep.

1. weekend thing is legit

2. saw a study earlier this year saying that people who get 6hrs die quite a bit earlier than those who get 8hrs(can't remember how much earlier, but it was in years, not days). 

I am perfect when getting between 6.5 to 7.5.  More or less and I need a lot of caffeine. 

I also saw a thing that was talking about how they have identified a gene mutation in people who require very little sleep.  they were talking about people who go to bed at 3 or 4am and get up at 6am fully refreshed.  I want this.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2011, 10:07:52 AM »

I normally mow my yard on Saturday mornings from around 7-9.  I live in a fairly old neighborhood, so all the neighbors are out drinking coffee on their porch at that time, so they dgaf.  Love getting crap done before 9.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2011, 10:09:45 AM »

I normally mow my yard on Saturday mornings from around 7-9.  I live in a fairly old neighborhood, so all the neighbors are out drinking coffee on their porch at that time, so they dgaf.  Love getting crap done before 9.

Yes!  My neighbors hate me for this. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2011, 10:32:11 AM »
i def cannot sleep in on weekends, usually up no later than 8:30 and that's after a good night of booze and staying up until 2.

i require 6.5-7 hrs sleep. 6 hrs isn't enough for this lad.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2011, 10:38:13 AM »
Some people just naturally need more sleep & are not morning people.  I am one of these people.  I don't stay up late, but it's a victory if I get to work before 10:30.  I find it insanely rude if my neighbors do something loud before 11:00 on weekends.

Wish I could be a morning person and I've tried to change my schedule, but it's just not happening for me.

"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2011, 10:45:16 AM »
Some people just naturally need more sleep & are not morning people.  I am one of these people.  I don't stay up late, but it's a victory if I get to work before 10:30.  I find it insanely rude if my neighbors do something loud before 11:00 on weekends.

Wish I could be a morning person and I've tried to change my schedule, but it's just not happening for me.

The story I mentioned about the gene mutation also noted that some people need as much as 12hrs or more to get the same equivalent effect.   :surprised:

Immediately felt very sorry for anyone who needed 12hrs of sleep. 

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2011, 10:48:42 AM »

The story I mentioned about the gene mutation also noted that some people need as much as 12hrs or more to get the same equivalent effect.   :surprised:

12 hours of sleep essentially means you miss half of your own life.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2011, 10:54:01 AM »

I don't need 12 hours every night, but I literally can't function on much less than 9 hours sleep and never have been able to.  (I was tested at a sleep clinic and I don't have sleep apnea.)  Since I'm not ready to go to bed at 9 p.m., I'm just not going to be a morning person.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2011, 10:56:08 AM »

I don't need 12 hours every night, but I literally can't function on much less than 9 hours sleep and never have been able to.  (I was tested at a sleep clinic and I don't have sleep apnea.)  Since I'm not ready to go to bed at 9 p.m., I'm just not going to be a morning person.

Something doesn't compute as to why you can't get to work before 10:30 unless you have like a 2 hr commute.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2011, 10:59:53 AM »

this is called being a lazy ass person, not a not a morning person

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2011, 11:06:46 AM »

People who get 7-8 hours of sleep a night carry 20% less body weight than people who get 5-6 hours of sleep a night.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2011, 11:08:38 AM »

People who get 7-8 hours of sleep a night carry 20% less body weight than people who get 5-6 hours of sleep a night.

sounds like something a fat, lazy person would make up to make them sound less fat/lazy.

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2011, 11:11:27 AM »

sounds like something a fat, lazy person would make up to make them sound less fat/lazy.

probably

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2011, 11:13:35 AM »

Were you born that way AppleJack, or did you make yourself that way on purpose? I want to be like you. Make me like you.

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2011, 11:15:19 AM »

this is called being a lazy ass person, not a not a morning person

Potato; Pototo.  I'm a trim, lazy person.

Something doesn't compute as to why you can't get to work before 10:30 unless you have like a 2 hr commute.

Yeah, I'm lazy in the morning is another issue.  I get up at 8:30 and my commute is 45 minutes, so that's an hour and 15 minutes of eating breakfast and getting ready at an extremely relaxed pace.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2011, 11:16:39 AM »

Were you born that way AppleJack, or did you make yourself that way on purpose? I want to be like you. Make me like you.

You should try killing some relatives small rodent.  May be the key here.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2011, 11:17:22 AM »
Don't drink.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2011, 11:25:24 AM »

Hmm, I used to sleep a lot more in college than I do now, my body is just used to getting up at 6:00am for work. Also, when 9-11 went down, I slept through the first 30 minutes or so of it. I think this had some weird psychological effect on me, I am now terrified I am missing out on something if I sleep.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline gato montes

• Fan
  • Winner of the 2011 "Where is 'Clams" Contest
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2011, 11:25:50 AM »
Don't drink.

This. But most importantly close to the time you go to bed. I find I can still have my beers but the big difference is how close to bedtime I stop.  

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2011, 11:26:44 AM »
Don't drink.

haven't had any alcohol in almost 2 years.  (might need a new thread on awesomeness of not being a fat, sloppy drunk)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2011, 11:28:49 AM »
I need 8 hours.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2011, 11:32:17 AM »
Don't drink.

haven't had any alcohol in almost 2 years.  (might need a new thread on awesomeness of not being a fat, sloppy drunk)

Recoveringalcoholic_cat?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2011, 11:34:40 AM »
I drink, I get up early.  connection denied.