Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 936080 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #3300 on: March 26, 2013, 10:18:50 PM »
hey, Oakland isn't any worse than KC.

Never been to Oakland but I was always led to believe it was a hellhole. :dunno:

My Oakland experience is "limited" to having owned several Too Short albums, but I think JT is on point here.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #3301 on: March 26, 2013, 10:30:40 PM »
Oakland is like a shittier version of Baltimore, its rough ridin' awful.  Comparing it to KC is comical.

Mike Brown to UCLA rumors  :lol:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: March 26, 2013, 10:36:31 PM »
So I missed that Tech fired the entire basketball staff except for Walker. He is still a candidate, along with Doc, Barry Hinson, Steve McClain, and Scott Sutton. And rivals #22 Keith Frazier is supposed to decide between Tech and SMU on Thursday, Walker is his main recruiter.

Ridiculous that Walker has to compete for a job against those retreads, he did a very good job at Tech considering the circumstances. That list is a freaking joke, none of those guys should be candidates at a BCS school. I wish black coaches got as many chances to flame out as those losers. Ridiculous that one of those white coaches is getting that job while Todd Bozeman is still stuck at Morgan State.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: March 26, 2013, 10:36:54 PM »

Never been to Oakland but I was always led to believe it was a hellhole. :dunno:

Much of it is quite lovely. I'm guessing FSD has never been to Oakland (or Baltimore).

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: March 26, 2013, 10:41:41 PM »

Much of it is quite lovely. I'm guessing FSD has never been to Oakland (or Baltimore).

We all know he is a racist troll. I haven't seen any posts from him in these two coaching threads surprising or worth responding to.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: March 26, 2013, 10:42:54 PM »

Take this bullshit elsewhere.  Your guess is wrong, been to both.  If all of KC was that area east of Holmes and west of 435 with a downtown that consisted only of the buildings east of grand and the seaport from beverly hills cop, KC would be very similar to Oakland.  You're either delusional or were raised in the Soviet Block if you think Oakland is "lovely" 

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: March 26, 2013, 10:44:14 PM »

We all know he is a racist troll. I haven't seen any posts from him in these two coaching threads surprising or worth responding to.

Chris Walker should keep his job, dipshit.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: March 26, 2013, 10:50:52 PM »

Take this bullshit elsewhere.  Your guess is wrong, been to both.  If all of KC was that area east of Holmes and west of 435 with a downtown that consisted only of the buildings east of grand and the seaport from beverly hills cop, KC would be very similar to Oakland.  You're either delusional or were raised in the Soviet Block if you think Oakland is "lovely"

Oh, and you'd have to add ridiculous traffic, horrible air quality and even more violent crime to those parts of KC, then it would be similar to Oakland. 

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: March 26, 2013, 10:57:43 PM »
the seaport from beverly hills cop

I did enjoy this line, but you just confirmed you've never been there.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: March 26, 2013, 11:00:03 PM »
I wish black coaches got as many chances to flame out as those losers.

Weird thing to wish for

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: March 26, 2013, 11:01:04 PM »
the seaport from beverly hills cop

I did enjoy this line, but you just confirmed you've never been there.

How's that? You talking about Oakland, MI or something?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: March 26, 2013, 11:10:13 PM »
What's going on here?  Oakland is unequivocally one of the worst places in the entire USA.  Arguing against that is like arguing 2 is more than 8.  Yet MICHIGANcat is defending it and goes so far to purport its nice (it is NOT).

Is there some goEMAW joke I don't know about?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: March 26, 2013, 11:15:55 PM »
What's going on here?  Oakland is unequivocally one of the worst places in the entire USA.  Arguing against that is like arguing 2 is more than 8.  Yet MICHIGANcat is defending it and goes so far to purport its nice (it is NOT).

Oakland is a very nice place. You've obviously never been there, so I won't discuss it with you any more.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: March 26, 2013, 11:17:10 PM »

there are a lot of goEMAW jokes you don't know about

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: March 26, 2013, 11:18:06 PM »

Weird thing to wish for

Equality, who needs it?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3315 on: March 26, 2013, 11:23:42 PM »

Oakland is a very nice place. You've obviously never been there, so I won't discuss it with you any more.

Clearly you've never been there or can't read a map or are from Beirut or other godforsaken place.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: March 26, 2013, 11:25:33 PM »

Weird thing to wish for

Equality, who needs it?

I forgot you were one of these guys  :clac:

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: March 26, 2013, 11:40:22 PM »
I've spent a good amount of time in the last few hours googling and binging (bing.com, not binging in the drinking sense...although I'll admit to a few cocktails along the way) "oscar Weber" and variations thereof. I have yet to find a single hit indicating any school has an interest in interviewing oscar. Maybe my search techniques and skills are deteriorating. If not, it looks like oscar is sparking no interest anywhere.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: March 26, 2013, 11:53:52 PM »
oakland isn't what people think oakland is.  richmond is maybe what people think oakland is.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: March 26, 2013, 11:58:23 PM »
oakland isn't what people think oakland is.  richmond is maybe what people think oakland is.

that's a great line. I may use it someday.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: March 27, 2013, 01:14:51 AM »

Clearly you've never been there or can't read a map or are from Beirut or other godforsaken place.

worse, western kansas  :ohno:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline FuzzyWuzzy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: March 27, 2013, 01:27:58 AM »

i haven't lived in oakland, but it appears crime & poverty are still problems:  http://sfist.com/2012/10/19/oakland_stockton_make_forbes_most_v.php
i'm sure much of the city is lovely, but i'm also sure that at least a handful of neighborhoods have serious problems.  the same thing with Memphis.  Sure, you can stay in The Peabody and watch the ducks take the elevator down from the penthouse for their daily swim in the fountain, but you can also live a half-mile away where 80%+ are below poverty.
i think you could have a nice experience in pretty much any city as long as you are :kstategrad: and not a poor.  some cities have areas of poors and high crime. oakland is one of those cities.  doesn't mean the whole place sucks.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: March 27, 2013, 01:38:10 AM »

i haven't lived in oakland, but it appears crime & poverty are still problems:  http://sfist.com/2012/10/19/oakland_stockton_make_forbes_most_v.php
i'm sure much of the city is lovely, but i'm also sure that at least a handful of neighborhoods have serious problems.  the same thing with Memphis.  Sure, you can stay in The Peabody and watch the ducks take the elevator down from the penthouse for their daily swim in the fountain, but you can also live a half-mile away where 80%+ are below poverty.
i think you could have a nice experience in pretty much any city as long as you are :kstategrad: and not a poor.  some cities have areas of poors and high crime. oakland is one of those cities.  doesn't mean the whole place sucks.

I had no idea that Stl Mo was that dangerous.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: March 27, 2013, 01:40:29 AM »

someone hasn't seen national lampoon's vacation.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: March 27, 2013, 06:16:32 AM »

My cousin is a Yale grad who grew a super long beard after college, started a rare record shipping business, and moved into an abandoned brick school house in a terrible neighborhood in St. Louis. We argue a lot over whether STL or DC gentrification is more compelling. But we both agree STL is grosser/more dangerous.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."