Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 936161 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #1200 on: April 05, 2011, 09:22:44 PM »
Twitter still pushing the "frank is interested in Miami". 

:dubious:

as in one guy and everyone retweeting it.

Just a few guys and not huge names either.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: April 05, 2011, 09:23:04 PM »
Eric Bossi of Rivals makes an interesting point that while Martin is by far the most qualified, Miami may not be a better job than K-State.

lol.

good lord, is there anyone at Rivals who's any good at anything? seriously.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: April 05, 2011, 09:25:21 PM »
Eric Bossi of Rivals makes an interesting point that while Martin is by far the most qualified, Miami may not be a better job than K-State.

lol.

also, huge ku fan.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: April 05, 2011, 09:26:25 PM »
Funny seeing dudes on twitter fighting over the Capel to Mizzou rumors
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1204 on: April 05, 2011, 09:32:36 PM »
At first I was nervous, then I thought about it a bit and wasn't, now after a couple of days with no word from Frank, I am  :ohno:
 :runaway:

There isn't anything to talk about.  Considering the fact that Miami has no real AD, my guess is that this isn't going to be a quick search, nor are they going to be able to get a lot of money together quickly to make a play for a buyout, hire our staff, etc.  Basically, they're giving Currie all of the time in the world to contact Frank, have "the talk" about Miami that we all knew would eventually happen, and he's go time to listen to Katz and figure out what his next step is.

I don't have any fears because John Currie vs. Interim AD probably has a pretty big strategic advantage.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: April 05, 2011, 09:41:12 PM »
shirt tucks now freaking out at some magically fabricated "report" that Miami will offer Frank $2.5M.

:facepalm:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: April 05, 2011, 09:46:24 PM »
shirt tucks now freaking out at some magically fabricated "report" that Miami will offer Frank $2.5M.

Would be fantastic for Frank.

Makes me want to move to Miami.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: April 05, 2011, 09:50:58 PM »

Can we get someone with real graphic arts skills fabricate an ESPN report with said information?

Once that's there, I'll use the 7-day free trial that I've been saving for such an occasion.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: April 05, 2011, 09:51:54 PM »

Can we get someone with real graphic arts skills fabricate an ESPN report with said information?

Once that's there, I'll use the 7-day free trial that I've been saving for such an occasion.

aren't you an active tuck infiltrator already?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: April 05, 2011, 09:57:11 PM »

lol.

bossi is fantastic.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: April 05, 2011, 10:04:47 PM »

aren't you an active tuck infiltrator already?

I dive into kstatefans.com on occasion to get my monthly dose of stupid, but that's all I have access to.  I don't have access to GPC.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: April 05, 2011, 10:13:22 PM »
I dive into kstatefans.com on occasion to get my monthly dose of stupid, but that's all I have access to.  I don't have access to GPC.

wish i had back the money i stupidly wasted there since '04.  Thanks to yahoo for taking over so i have access to videos for free
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: April 05, 2011, 10:20:38 PM »

lol.

Well if you count Fat Fitz, he's pretty good at convincing a bunch of dipshits into giving him $10 a month

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: April 05, 2011, 10:44:22 PM »
At first I was nervous, then I thought about it a bit and wasn't, now after a couple of days with no word from Frank, I am  :ohno:
 :runaway:

hopefully he's just setting up to Painter us

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: April 05, 2011, 11:08:51 PM »
not sure why someone hasn't posted this:

Martin addresses coaching carousel
A couple excerpts from Frank Martin's interview this morning on Tim Brando's radio show:

Brando: Your name keeps popping up with Vegas, it's popping up a little bit with Miami. Frank, are you involved at all with any other jobs or is K-State where you are going to be for quite some time?

Martin: "No one has called me, Tim. I've got a great job. I work with great people. I look at it like this: 10 years ago as we speak, I was a Division I unemployed assistant basketball coach collecting no paychecks, having no idea how I was going to pay my rent or my son's daycare bill. Ten years later, I'm at a great place. If people want to throw our name out there, I look at that as a compliment and I look at that as being lucky and fortunate that I'm in a good place right now and that people out there respect what we've done.
"But, I haven't talked to anybody. In this business, it's hard to ever sit back and say 'never say never,' because then you get called a liar. I have a tough time lying. It's not what I do. But I'm extremely happy. I'm not going to tell you there's never going to be change, but I'm at peace where I'm at right now."
Brando: "You're at a place that gives a damn, and I think that's important to coaches. They work for people who really do care about their program ... Sometimes the grass isn't always greener, is it?"
Martin: "I'm not one to brag. I rarely speak about myself or opportunities I've had. I'm not at Kansas State right now because I haven't had opportunities to make more money elsewhere. I'm at Kansas State right now because of what you're talking about. We've got an incredible community. It's a great university. I remember getting here five years ago and everyone saying, 'Why are you guys going there? Why would you go there?'
"In my five years here, I continue to learn about the incredible history and tradition of this basketball program. It's our mission to continue to build it and hopefully be able to get back to the level it had once upon a time."

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: April 05, 2011, 11:16:23 PM »
not sure why someone hasn't posted this
Because they have....

Offline HawaiiCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: April 05, 2011, 11:39:24 PM »
It's pretty much the same speech huggins liked to recite. Add the thing about kansas people being like west virginia folk, and the rest is the same. Didn't say he's interested, and didn't say he's not.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: April 06, 2011, 12:30:31 AM »
wonders why Chris did not ask his friend Wildcat about this one before writing his column, especially when you were warned about how to fill out your NCAA bracket regarding KSU. It appears all Iowa eyes are on Martin when KSU plays. Martin is a real sideshow. Martin and Dalonte Hill are pretty fair recruiters but Brad Underwood and to a lesser degree, Matt Figurs, do most of the coaching. Underwood had to beg and beg Martin to change the offense at midseason. Martin specifically coaches post players and they have been a dismal failure. Hill recruits, fathers children, and drinks to excess.

This is one Wildcat that would be thrilled if Martin and Hill took their act to Miami. Hopefully the AD, John Currie, would immediately hire Underwood as head coach. Underwood is a KSU grad that was a head coach at the juco level in Florida until Bob Huggins wisely hired him as his primary X & O assistant coach. Both Huggins and Martin have used Underwood in a like manner that Fred Hoiberg uses Bobby Lutz.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: April 06, 2011, 12:41:59 AM »
wonders why Chris did not ask his friend Wildcat about this one before writing his column, especially when you were warned about how to fill out your NCAA bracket regarding KSU. It appears all Iowa eyes are on Martin when KSU plays. Martin is a real sideshow. Martin and Dalonte Hill are pretty fair recruiters but Brad Underwood and to a lesser degree, Matt Figurs, do most of the coaching. Underwood had to beg and beg Martin to change the offense at midseason. Martin specifically coaches post players and they have been a dismal failure. Hill recruits, fathers children, and drinks to excess.

This is one Wildcat that would be thrilled if Martin and Hill took their act to Miami. Hopefully the AD, John Currie, would immediately hire Underwood as head coach. Underwood is a KSU grad that was a head coach at the juco level in Florida until Bob Huggins wisely hired him as his primary X & O assistant coach. Both Huggins and Martin have used Underwood in a like manner that Fred Hoiberg uses Bobby Lutz.
:horrorsurprise: :lol:

Offline Cackle

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: April 06, 2011, 12:42:20 AM »

where did you read that rough ridin' piece of crap at?
:bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: April 06, 2011, 01:08:53 AM »

where did you read that rough ridin' piece of crap at?

Pretty much the oppo of BITB today. 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: April 06, 2011, 06:14:13 AM »
frank, or any non dumbass coach, isn't going to say he's not going to consider another job. don't be naive people.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: April 06, 2011, 07:09:01 AM »
frank, or any non dumbass coach, isn't going to say he's not going to consider another job. don't be naive people.

I really appreciate that Frank isn't jacking us around. He and his agent are playing the game like all coaches do, but aren't giving us some silly line about staying. The process will play out, I think its highly likely he stays, but you never know.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: April 06, 2011, 07:12:18 AM »

jfc
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: April 06, 2011, 07:19:58 AM »
He and his agent are playing the game like all coaches do, but aren't giving us some silly line about staying.

That's the approach I'm trying to take as I continue my negotiations with gpc.