Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 893481 times)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #675 on: April 04, 2011, 10:38:27 AM »
roy had a crap season by winning the regular season ACC champy.  k.

fwiw, i just don't see roy taking over after frank leaves, i just don't see it.  maybe since anything is possible but who knows, not this ksu cats, .

He has to at least consider it. He could put the state of Kansas at center court only with the star on Manhattan. Could be appealing.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: April 04, 2011, 10:38:53 AM »
I just want to say that if Frank goes to Miami he may make the NCAA tourney regularly, but he's not going to win any ACC titles . . . at least in the Big 12 there's pretty much only one school to beat.   As long as Roy and K are in their respective jobs their teams will crock punch Frank more times than not.  

So as it's been said, this is really all about where Frank would rather live and work, and if you were a major college basketball coach of Cuban heritage and you had significant ties to a burgeoning Latino/Hispanic American population of high school b-ball talent in Florida.   Where would you rather be?  Miami or Manhattan, KS?

The "winning in the ACC is too hard" talking point is 'tarded.  Coach K and Roy are each like 80 and Roy had a cac season last year.  Frank will be very successful
cac season playing in the conference title game?  try new talking points from people who watched the acc all year and who aren't KU fans.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/153/year/2010/north-carolina-tar-heels

:users:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 04, 2011, 10:40:42 AM »
It's easy . . . Frank grinder ball using Frank's kind of recruits does not translate into many wins against Roy Williams and Coach K type teams.   Yes, they'll be the occasional upset, but more times than not Frank will get thrashed by those guys.

If Frank wants to make 3rd place in the ACC his goal in life and regular NCAA tourney appearances than Miami is where he should go . . . and if several other ACC fanbases would just accept that, they'd be better off for it as well.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 04, 2011, 10:42:14 AM »
I just want to say that if Frank goes to Miami he may make the NCAA tourney regularly, but he's not going to win any ACC titles . . . at least in the Big 12 there's pretty much only one school to beat.   As long as Roy and K are in their respective jobs their teams will crock punch Frank more times than not.  

So as it's been said, this is really all about where Frank would rather live and work, and if you were a major college basketball coach of Cuban heritage and you had significant ties to a burgeoning Latino/Hispanic American population of high school b-ball talent in Florida.   Where would you rather be?  Miami or Manhattan, KS?

The "winning in the ACC is too hard" talking point is 'tarded.  Coach K and Roy are each like 80 and Roy had a cac season last year.  Frank will be very successful
cac season playing in the conference title game?  try new talking points from people who watched the acc all year and who aren't KU fans.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/153/year/2010/north-carolina-tar-heels

:users:

They followed it up with winning the ACC regular season title and going to the Elite 8.  Don't be dumb.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 04, 2011, 10:44:40 AM »
NO

:emawkid:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 04, 2011, 10:45:00 AM »

Show Cause hearing is in June, per MU coaching discussion last week on 810.  They said that the timing of the hearing sucks because he will be too late to get on somewhere for next season.  So, hire pearl now would be a huge gamble, because we may be doing the whole thing again in June.

Of course, if he doesn't get the Show cause, we would get him cheaper than VCU is paying Shaka.  

If we hire Pearl before the show cause hearing, would we still have to show cause for hiring him? How does the "Show Cause" thing work? Would we lose a scholarship for a few years or something? If that's all that happens, Pearl is definitely worth it.

If we hire him and he gets show caused, my understanding is that we will either have to start the hoop jumping to show why we think he would behave at KSU or oscar would have to be let go and a new search started.  

I have also heard that if we do jump hoops and get him able to coach, that they may invoke some sort of penalty on our team('ship limits, etc) or something like that.  This was just during some discussion I over heard on one of the radio stations a few weeks ago.  Not sure if this is accurate or not.
that girl has some epic tits

Yeah, oscar will not come.  He is too used to outlandishly nice things.  We cannot compare.  I have never seen a pic of oscar where at min 98% of the people in the pic with him aren't amazing looking.

Amazing looking people follow oscar. He doesn't have to follow them.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 04, 2011, 10:49:09 AM »
lots of good stuff in this thread. A little dumbassery mixed in. Pretty good goEMAW.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: April 04, 2011, 10:51:23 AM »
lots of good stuff in this thread. A little dumbassery mixed in. Pretty good goEMAW.

:dubious:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 04, 2011, 10:56:14 AM »
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/tiger-tracker/article_cc3c0c30-5ecf-11e0-9c5c-001a4bcf6878.html
:lol:

What a clusterfuck.  This is fantastic.

What does this mean though? Is there a chance he will stay at miami if these dudes don't approve? Would Miami take him back!?!?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: April 04, 2011, 10:58:42 AM »
It's a Board Member(s) just looking to CYA . . . I had a lot of questions about this hire, but the AD answered those questions to my/our satisfaction at the time.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: April 04, 2011, 10:59:54 AM »

I LOVE MANHATTAN!  COME ON!

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: April 04, 2011, 11:01:01 AM »
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/tiger-tracker/article_cc3c0c30-5ecf-11e0-9c5c-001a4bcf6878.html
:lol:

What a clusterfuck.  This is fantastic.

What does this mean though? Is there a chance he will stay at miami if these dudes don't approve? Would Miami take him back!?!?
Don't know whether he could/would stay at Miami at this point, but if the board doesn't approve him he's sure as hell not going to MU and I can't imagine how Alden saves his own ass if this the board doesn't approve the hire. 

Don't really care whether Miami opens up or not though.  I'm bored with the Frank to Miami bbs'ing. It's not gonna happen.  Just loving the MU implosion.  :emawkid:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: April 04, 2011, 11:01:18 AM »
OH YE OF LITTLE HAITH

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: April 04, 2011, 11:02:45 AM »
goEMAW friend Greg Doyel coming up on this http://www.kfns.com/Other/streamtheworld.html to discuss MU hire I think.

Offline 5601js

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: April 04, 2011, 11:04:55 AM »
NO

:emawkid:

:surprised:

From the best poster at GP, FWIW.

Did that post get deleted? Does'nt seem to be there anymore.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: April 04, 2011, 11:06:04 AM »
:runaway:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: April 04, 2011, 11:06:57 AM »
SethDavisHoops Seth davis
@kyleseiwert That's more like it. K State is def a better job, but Miami is home for Frank and he has had his eye on other jobs. Wait n see.

eye on other jobs huh. Just like every other coach out there. jfc.
- chunkles