Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 893476 times)

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #650 on: April 04, 2011, 10:24:13 AM »
Haith is to MU as Chizik is to Auburn?

:horrorsurprise:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: April 04, 2011, 10:25:43 AM »
Haith is to MU as Chizik is to Auburn?

:horrorsurprise:

:lol:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: April 04, 2011, 10:25:54 AM »
Gloria Estefan, daughter of Cuban immigrants, graduated from college in 1979 with a B.A. in psychology, with a minor in French, from the University of Miami.  The family lives in the Star Island section of Miami Beach, Florida

JFC, she's proud of her school...

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: April 04, 2011, 10:26:11 AM »
That 500k signing bonus....Doesn't he have to pay some of that back if he doesn't stay for all the years of the contract? I thought I remember that being part of the deal.

No, that's all his now. He would've only lost part of that if he had left after last season.

http://www.wibw.com/sports/headlines/86755362.html

Offline 5601js

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: April 04, 2011, 10:26:42 AM »
DeCoursey just said Miami can't/won't pay for FM.

Don't listen to them, Limestone.  This is a legitimate talking point.

People, they hired Al Golden.  The U hired Al Golden because they don't have any money.

In all reality, this is the BEST time this job could come open.  They bought out Randy Shannon (which drained them), they couldn't scrape enough money to hire more than their third or fourth option for a coach, and now they have to try and hire another coach at around $1.3-$1.5 million and come up with money for his assistants?

Frank doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that's going to leave his staff behind without assurance they'll be taken care of, and I highly doubt that Currie would agree to hire Underwood and keep anyone.  

If Frank can't go and take his staff with him, or know they'll be taken care of in Manhattan, he'll stay.  I think we've got the leverage here.  I'm with _FAN.

I agree with your stance, but regarding the Al Golden hire, do you know what he is getting paid there?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: April 04, 2011, 10:27:14 AM »

The Duane Johnson Practice Facility.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: April 04, 2011, 10:27:28 AM »
Frank will get paid somewhere between $96-$150K in bonuses for this last year, it depends on how the APR score looks.

If my calculations are right he received in excess of $150K in performance bonuses last year.   So all in all, K-State has paid Frank nearly $3 million dollars in the last 2 years.

so haith made 3.0 during his last two years at miami and frank made less than that over the last two years, but somehow miami can't pay frank enough to get him. is that what we're saying?

catzacker

« Reply #657 on: April 04, 2011, 10:27:39 AM »
if frank only made 1.1M, Miami could offer 1.3M/yr for 5 years and with the 200K saved/budgeted from Haith's contract (he made 1.5) pay the 1M buyout.  Not that hard to finance.  

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: April 04, 2011, 10:28:12 AM »
Frank will get a $250K retention bonus in April of 2012, he we get a $500K retention bonus in May of 2014.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: April 04, 2011, 10:28:36 AM »
Guess who has an open invitation to take oscar out on Tuttle in his new Stingray?

:gocho:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: April 04, 2011, 10:29:23 AM »
Guess who has an open invitation to take oscar out on Tuttle in his new Stingray?

:gocho:

JFC, at least go to Milford.  Not even Pearl is dirty enough to jump in that mud hole.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: April 04, 2011, 10:29:32 AM »
Frank will get paid somewhere between $96-$150K in bonuses for this last year, it depends on how the APR score looks.

If my calculations are right he received in excess of $150K in performance bonuses last year.   So all in all, K-State has paid Frank nearly $3 million dollars in the last 2 years.

so haith made 3.0 during his last two years at miami and frank made less than that over the last two years, but somehow miami can't pay frank enough to get him. is that what we're saying?

I am just posting contract information, make of it what you will.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: April 04, 2011, 10:30:47 AM »

What do you want to bet that Frank will simply refer to the practice facility as "The Rock."  JFC, that will be nails.  

"You have to bust your ass on the Rock if you want playing time."  

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: April 04, 2011, 10:32:00 AM »
I just want to say that if Frank goes to Miami he may make the NCAA tourney regularly, but he's not going to win any ACC titles . . . at least in the Big 12 there's pretty much only one school to beat.   As long as Roy and K are in their respective jobs their teams will crock punch Frank more times than not.  

So as it's been said, this is really all about where Frank would rather live and work, and if you were a major college basketball coach of Cuban heritage and you had significant ties to a burgeoning Latino/Hispanic American population of high school b-ball talent in Florida.   Where would you rather be?  Miami or Manhattan, KS?

The "winning in the ACC is too hard" talking point is 'tarded.  Coach K and Roy are each like 80 and Roy had a crap season last year.  Frank will be very successful

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: April 04, 2011, 10:32:15 AM »

Show Cause hearing is in June, per MU coaching discussion last week on 810.  They said that the timing of the hearing sucks because he will be too late to get on somewhere for next season.  So, hire pearl now would be a huge gamble, because we may be doing the whole thing again in June.

Of course, if he doesn't get the Show cause, we would get him cheaper than VCU is paying Shaka.  

If we hire Pearl before the show cause hearing, would we still have to show cause for hiring him? How does the "Show Cause" thing work? Would we lose a scholarship for a few years or something? If that's all that happens, Pearl is definitely worth it.

If we hire him and he gets show caused, my understanding is that we will either have to start the hoop jumping to show why we think he would behave at KSU or oscar would have to be let go and a new search started.  

I have also heard that if we do jump hoops and get him able to coach, that they may invoke some sort of penalty on our team('ship limits, etc) or something like that.  This was just during some discussion I over heard on one of the radio stations a few weeks ago.  Not sure if this is accurate or not.
that girl has some epic tits
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: April 04, 2011, 10:32:34 AM »

"Hey Guys, I can get angry looking too!"

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: April 04, 2011, 10:32:52 AM »
....Pictures of Greenawalt posing with the Rock.   :love:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: April 04, 2011, 10:33:22 AM »

What do you want to bet that Frank will simply refer to the practice facility as "The Rock."  JFC, that will be nails.  

"You have to bust your ass on the Rock if you want playing time."  

That really would be awesome. Sounds badass.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: April 04, 2011, 10:33:34 AM »
Cartierfor 3 . . .

Read this again:

As long as Roy and K are in their respective jobs their teams will crock punch Frank more times than not.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: April 04, 2011, 10:33:41 AM »
I just want to say that if Frank goes to Miami he may make the NCAA tourney regularly, but he's not going to win any ACC titles . . . at least in the Big 12 there's pretty much only one school to beat.   As long as Roy and K are in their respective jobs their teams will crock punch Frank more times than not.  

So as it's been said, this is really all about where Frank would rather live and work, and if you were a major college basketball coach of Cuban heritage and you had significant ties to a burgeoning Latino/Hispanic American population of high school b-ball talent in Florida.   Where would you rather be?  Miami or Manhattan, KS?

The "winning in the ACC is too hard" talking point is 'tarded.  Coach K and Roy are each like 80 and Roy had a crap season last year.  Frank will be very successful
crap season playing in the conference title game?  try new talking points from people who watched the acc all year and who aren't KU fans.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #670 on: April 04, 2011, 10:34:37 AM »
Man, in retrospect, I'm really glad I started this thread.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: April 04, 2011, 10:35:52 AM »
Cartierfor 3 . . .

Read this again:

As long as Roy and K are in their respective jobs their teams will crock punch Frank more times than not.

Didn't make sense to me either

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: April 04, 2011, 10:36:28 AM »
roy had a crap season by winning the regular season ACC champy.  k.

fwiw, i just don't see roy taking over after frank leaves, i just don't see it.  maybe since anything is possible but who knows, not this ksu cats, .

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: April 04, 2011, 10:37:12 AM »
roy had a crap season by winning the regular season ACC champy.  k.

fwiw, i just don't see roy taking over after frank leaves, i just don't see it.  maybe since anything is possible but who knows, not this ksu cats, .

I think he meant the year before. Also,

greggdoyelcbs Gregg Doyel
I truly feel bad for Frank Haith. He doesn't deserve today's scorn. Mike Alden deserves every bit of it

BITB

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: April 04, 2011, 10:37:20 AM »

Show Cause hearing is in June, per MU coaching discussion last week on 810.  They said that the timing of the hearing sucks because he will be too late to get on somewhere for next season.  So, hire pearl now would be a huge gamble, because we may be doing the whole thing again in June.

Of course, if he doesn't get the Show cause, we would get him cheaper than VCU is paying Shaka.  

If we hire Pearl before the show cause hearing, would we still have to show cause for hiring him? How does the "Show Cause" thing work? Would we lose a scholarship for a few years or something? If that's all that happens, Pearl is definitely worth it.

If we hire him and he gets show caused, my understanding is that we will either have to start the hoop jumping to show why we think he would behave at KSU or oscar would have to be let go and a new search started.  

I have also heard that if we do jump hoops and get him able to coach, that they may invoke some sort of penalty on our team('ship limits, etc) or something like that.  This was just during some discussion I over heard on one of the radio stations a few weeks ago.  Not sure if this is accurate or not.
that girl has some epic tits

Yeah, oscar will not come.  He is too used to outlandishly nice things.  We cannot compare.  I have never seen a pic of oscar where at min 98% of the people in the pic with him aren't amazing looking.