Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 936239 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #3875 on: April 28, 2014, 04:42:50 PM »
Great fit. Solid long term hire. Good job ole Mizzou.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: April 28, 2014, 04:44:07 PM »
Funny story:  On the radio they were throwing around the name of former Mizzou player Kim Anderson as a candidate that should be considered for the Mizzou job, and for a minute I was thinking "Kim English" and I was like "Wow, and they gave us crap about Gottlieb." But, turns out that they are not at all the same guy at all.

Turns out Kim Anderson and Rich Daly are also not the same person, which I may or may not have thought.  (Obivously I need to spend more time thinking about Mizzou basketball assistants.)
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: April 28, 2014, 04:49:28 PM »
Its worse than if we hired Steve Henson, when Frank left, after being told no by clearly everyone else we could call for two weeks.

I don't think they got told no by as many people as you think. The price they were willing to pay a coach kinda limited who they were going to get. Hearing that they were going to be in the neighborhood of $1.5 mil, it seemed obvious that their targets were Anderson, Mike White, and an assistant somewhere. They didn't contact Gregg Marshall and I wonder if they didn't contact Ben Howland either. They really should have ended up with Howland.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: April 28, 2014, 04:55:24 PM »
Its worse than if we hired Steve Henson, when Frank left, after being told no by clearly everyone else we could call for two weeks.

I don't think they got told no by as many people as you think. The price they were willing to pay a coach kinda limited who they were going to get. Hearing that they were going to be in the neighborhood of $1.5 mil, it seemed obvious that their targets were Anderson, Mike White, and an assistant somewhere. They didn't contact Gregg Marshall and I wonder if they didn't contact Ben Howland either. They really should have ended up with Howland.

http://m.kwch.com/sports/marshall-says-he-didnt-give-much-thought-to-leaving-wsu/25702332

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: April 28, 2014, 04:58:13 PM »

That's not true according to Jenn Bates tweets.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: April 28, 2014, 05:00:12 PM »
my god I would be melting down so hard if I was mizzou

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: April 28, 2014, 05:04:15 PM »
A 59 year old D-2 coach who hasn't recruited against big boy schools in fifteen years is rough.  Given the lack of big spending to land the HC doesn't sound like they'll be going all out for assistants.  What's MU's transfer policy?  They better be huge dicks. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: April 28, 2014, 05:10:02 PM »
How many times did Norm have to tell them he was happy in retirement this weekend before they moved on to Kim?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3885 on: April 28, 2014, 05:18:34 PM »
This is Illinois hiring oscar from Southern Illinois only without Bill Self or Bill Self's players ever being in the equation. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: April 28, 2014, 05:22:22 PM »
Just think about it. Frank Haith left for Tulsa (conference USA school?) and they just hired on a D2 coach to take over. Leave out the names and look at it from that angle.  :love:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: April 28, 2014, 05:24:21 PM »
I mean, they could have at least swapped for Manning or something.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: April 28, 2014, 05:29:36 PM »
This is Illinois hiring oscar from Southern Illinois only without Bill Self or Bill Self's players ever being in the equation.

Or without Weber's Sweet 16 and back to back NCAA appearances. Other than that, exactly the same.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: April 28, 2014, 05:31:18 PM »

Or workout Weber's Sweet 16 and back to back NCAA appearances. Other than that, exactly the same.

. . . or years as a Big 10 assistant.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: April 28, 2014, 05:32:10 PM »
So let me get this straight, an SEC school just hired a DII coach from just down the highway?

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: April 28, 2014, 05:33:25 PM »

No.  The Illinois AD at the time hired oscar because it was an ultra-safe hire.  oscar was never going to leave like Kruger and Self did.  It was dickless and weak and scared.  Illinois was attractive at the time.  Self and Kruger had it rolling.  He could have hired another up and coming guy like say Matta who would have been a challenge to hold onto if he blew up.  He was a small-minded scorned coward instead. 

This seems like a lack of options more than a safe hire.  I mean their last hire was very questionable and then he beat the posse out of town.  They're hurting.  They didn't want this, they had to accept it. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: April 28, 2014, 05:34:46 PM »
Fine

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: April 28, 2014, 05:40:20 PM »

http://m.kwch.com/sports/marshall-says-he-didnt-give-much-thought-to-leaving-wsu/25702332

It was pretty common knowledge that they weren't going to pay a coach $2 million and it's equally well known that Marshall isn't leaving WSU for less than $2.7, minimum, so I have to wonder how serious and lengthy the conversation went. They must have talked over the weekend because as of Friday Gary Parrish, obvs a better source than Jenn Bates, said that Mizzou didn't contact Marshall or his attorney. I'm guessing it was a last hail mary before settling on Anderson. Non old ballz Mizzou fans must be seeking answers as to why they couldn't make it work with Howland.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: April 28, 2014, 05:50:50 PM »

It was pretty common knowledge that they weren't going to pay a coach $2 million and it's equally well known that Marshall isn't leaving WSU for less than $2.7, minimum, so I have to wonder how serious and lengthy the conversation went. They must have talked over the weekend because as of Friday Gary Parrish, obvs a better source than Jenn Bates, said that Mizzou didn't contact Marshall or his attorney. I'm guessing it was a last hail mary before settling on Anderson. Non old ballz Mizzou fans must be seeking answers as to why they couldn't make it work with Howland.

Yeah, I don't think they had any chance with Marshall. It is interesting that they talked. And yes, to seemingly make no attempt at Howland has to be infuriating to much of their fan base.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: April 28, 2014, 05:55:11 PM »
the smart fans rarely matter when it comes to coaching searches.  at least i know that no one from the AD contacted me during BruceWatch12 and i'm very smart and also have a cell phone (available 24/7)

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: April 28, 2014, 07:09:25 PM »
Everybody shut up and tell me exactly when BITB is going to have Jack Harry on his show to rip him apart for this.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: April 28, 2014, 07:13:40 PM »
Everybody shut up and tell me exactly when BITB is going to have Jack Harry on his show to rip him apart for this.
He's on every Wednesday.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: April 28, 2014, 07:15:16 PM »
Also, BITB has been saying he likes this hire all day. He likes him as a person and his chances of being successful at Mizzou.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: April 28, 2014, 07:50:10 PM »
Also, BITB has been saying he likes this hire all day. He likes him as a person and his chances of being successful at Mizzou.

BITB